PDA

View Full Version : NEW 8800GTX cooler!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

mullet
03-09-07, 11:14 PM
http://legionhardware.com/document.php?id=624

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=24476&stc=1&d=1173502853

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=24477&stc=1&d=1173502919

buffbiff21
03-09-07, 11:17 PM
I did not read the article but i am guessing that is a Thermalright? :D

EDIT yep it is a thermalright all right :)

Looks sexy.

Madpistol
03-10-07, 12:14 AM
Wow.... They did it. (nana2)

scott123
03-10-07, 12:50 AM
Jeese, things are really getting out of hand.

Bokishi
03-10-07, 01:00 AM
Dang

jAkUp
03-10-07, 01:02 AM
OMG! Wow that thing is amazing, shame it wouldn't fit on my system as it would block my X-Fi :(

DHP
03-10-07, 01:05 AM
Too bad the cooling fins where the fan is supposed to be mounted is @ the wrong side... The RAM wont get a lot of cooling this way. The airflow/ fan (if its mounted) is at the wrong side imho.

The temps in the review ar pretty good though.

Bman212121
03-10-07, 01:09 AM
I'd be afraid that the GPU is only cooler because the ram and all of the other stuff isn't being cooled nearly as well with that. It might actually help out though having all of the pieces seperate since the MOSFET's (I think, the power stuff) aren't raising the temp of the GPU, and visa versa.

I wonder how hot GDDR3 at 2000MHz gets with those little sinks on there, and if that is enough to keep them cool.

Phuccinnutt
03-10-07, 01:42 AM
Ya they look cool looking whats the cost of them,
I personal will never go back, to any style other then
water, DangerDens water cooler for the 8800GTX
has moved me away from the Cool-Matic versions
found here:
http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=CoolMaticG80
There still very good water coolers just had to wait till they came out after the launch of Nvidia launch, DangerDens are made almost the same time.
Just check them out they have alot of good and interesting items there..
Just a quick around and found that cooler at Xoxide.com another good place for interesting items
for us gamer and everything else that frys our brains on good computer items.
http://www.xoxide.com/thermalright-hr03-plus.html

Mr_LoL
03-10-07, 01:56 AM
I think ill stick to standard cooling thanks.

FalcX
03-10-07, 05:08 AM
Too bad the cooling fins where the fan is supposed to be mounted is @ the wrong side... The RAM wont get a lot of cooling this way. The airflow/ fan (if its mounted) is at the wrong side imho.

The temps in the review ar pretty good though.

Ive seen this in another forum and it looks as the guy who has the cooler has it so its cooling the ram.

I spoke to Bigfoot in Canada 2 days ago and they said they would have this in stock in about 2 weeks.

grey_1
03-10-07, 05:34 AM
I would need to hear more user feedback if I'm ever lucky enough to run dual GTXs.

Looking at the pics in the link, it almost looks as if the top card is blocking a ram slot or 2, and that SLI bridge looks too tight. Maybe why they left it off?...

Muppet
03-10-07, 05:36 AM
OMG! Wow that thing is amazing, shame it wouldn't fit on my system as it would block my X-Fi :(
By the looks of the photo, you could place the X-Fi in the bottom PCI slot.

SLippe
03-10-07, 06:08 AM
I don't know. I don't really trust anything that doesn't have a fan on it. I take it there's a way to mount one somehow, but I don't see how you could. Side mount?

I've never understood why video cards are made with the gpu on the bottom of the card instead of the top. It would make more sense to me, that way you hav the cooling on top as well. Afterall, heat rises, right? I mean, c'mon, it just makes sense to put it on top. Even that heatsink they're running the heatpipes so that it channels the heat to the heatsink ON TOP of the card. I just don't get it.

kevJ420
03-10-07, 07:24 AM
Is thought the cooler was going to be more like the one on the 7900 gs, but if you underclock, you could possibly get this down to geforce fx 5900 ultra temp levels, maybe less.

Also, I think that it may be good to clock the memory back down to 1800 or less even. I don't think GDDR3 is meant to go that high. I've been hearing of problems w/ mem clocks @ 2 GHz.

Just my personal advice, I don't know if anyone else agrees.

Madpistol
03-10-07, 09:58 AM
Also, I think that it may be good to clock the memory back down to 1800 or less even. I don't think GDDR3 is meant to go that high. I've been hearing of problems w/ mem clocks @ 2 GHz.

I don't know what your source of information is, but my 8800 GTX does 2Ghz memory easy. Overclocking is very easy on a stock 8800 GTX. Go look at the SUPERCLOCKED versions of 8800 GTX's too. 2Ghz is stock on those. The memory is well within spec, otherwise it would be unsafe and they wouldn't market it.

mustrum
03-10-07, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't worry on the GDDR3 for a sec. I would worry about the power converters though. I doubt those lil sinks cut it.
The x1900 XT i had had a sensor for those and with watercooling and no active fan blowing air over them they went past 100 degrees celcius. Now that is a temperature you don't wanna ahve so i cooled them active with a fan.

considering a GTX uses even more power you don't want those tiny sinks on there without airflow going directly to those heatsinks.

Madpistol
03-10-07, 10:04 AM
I've never understood why video cards are made with the gpu on the bottom of the card instead of the top. It would make more sense to me, that way you hav the cooling on top as well. Afterall, heat rises, right? I mean, c'mon, it just makes sense to put it on top. Even that heatsink they're running the heatpipes so that it channels the heat to the heatsink ON TOP of the card. I just don't get it.

Here's your homework.

Get on google, and type in "BTX motherboard"

Report back on your findings.

mullet
03-10-07, 10:16 AM
Well, I would reverse the fins to the other side, you can mount both ways btw. Then put a 92x10mm fan blowing toward the fins and cooling all the aluminum HS on the ram and so on. Then you could connect the SLI bridges.

I am just waiting for Zalman, they always come through with a solid design.

jAkUp
03-10-07, 10:17 AM
By the looks of the photo, you could place the X-Fi in the bottom PCI slot.

Maybe with a single slot bracket, but on the 680i board the dual slot bracket would block the bottom PCI slot.

jAkUp
03-10-07, 10:18 AM
Is thought the cooler was going to be more like the one on the 7900 gs, but if you underclock, you could possibly get this down to geforce fx 5900 ultra temp levels, maybe less.

Just my personal advice, I don't know if anyone else agrees.

1ns memory is rated for 2GHz :p

Madpistol
03-10-07, 10:22 AM

QFT ;)

CaptNKILL
03-10-07, 01:09 PM
I wish my GTX ran as cool as theirs with the stock cooler. :|

kevJ420
03-10-07, 01:51 PM

I was assuming it was 1.2ns like the ACS3 and Superclocked are.

Terribly sorry about that.

marqmajere
03-10-07, 01:55 PM
Here's your homework.

Get on google, and type in "BTX motherboard"

Report back on your findings.

Video cards have been around for a lot longer than BTX mobo's......