PDA

View Full Version : I gave up! BAH!!!!

Pixelsmack
03-10-07, 05:02 PM
Emptied my closets of all my extra PC desktop gear and toys, tore my desktop apart, parted it out. I have an EBAY pile about ten miles high in my kitchen.

I went out and bought a $1400 HP DV6000T laptop and will probably never go back to desktops.

I have been building my own desktop PCs since 1996 and now the era has come to and end. I guess I am too old and impatient. I have better things to do with my time. ANYWAY...

The notebook can play all the games I care about at its native res of 1280x800 with the details set to medium and that's fine by me. I haven't cared about visual bling over game content and quality in a long time anyway.

It's just damn easier and I feel like this cloak of darkness has lifted.

For those of you in the other sub forums who were helping me out with my latest adventure with my desktop, I thank you. Progress was made but in the end it's just not worth it anymore. It's just not "fun" like it used to be.

nekrosoft13
03-10-07, 06:35 PM
ok?

Bearclaw
03-10-07, 07:18 PM
you'll be missin'

Stalker
Bioshock
GRAW 2
Crysis

:)
+ Alan Wake

..and many more awesome games.

nekrosoft13
03-10-07, 07:20 PM
come on that 7400 can't even handle older games

Stoneyguy
03-10-07, 08:08 PM
glad your happy.

Pixelsmack
03-10-07, 09:05 PM
For those that care, this 7400GO is running the following games with plenty of speed and decent visual quality. And none of these as of yet support using the second CPU in this laptop! Once that happens even more hotness will ensue.

Half Life 2, and HL2: Ep2
EVE Online
rFactor
GTR2
Doom3
Dungeon Siege 1

Those are all the games I play and they all scale nicely. I am sure future games will scale just the same. I am interested in Bioshock and Alan Wake. But by the time those come out I can buy a new laptop with new hotness i.e 8400GO. If even needed.

Hell, spending $1500 a year on a new notebook is no big deal. I was spending more than that on my PC and its grief. And this thing works out of the box and allows me to take my fun where ever I go.

Look, I prefer content over visuals. So yeah I know the game I am looking can look much better, but I don't care. It's the game play that keeps me in.

I am also discovering I am playing games on my Xbox360 and Wii more and more, so that's a factor in my decision too.

Ain't never going back! leet speak here]

jAkUp
03-10-07, 10:08 PM
You'll be back :D

Rytr
03-10-07, 11:12 PM
Glad you are happy with your notebook. :)

But never say never. :D