PDA

View Full Version : New Burners from LG!

nekrosoft13
03-10-07, 06:37 PM
http://www.cdrinfo.com/images/uploaded/LG_ISP_GSA-H55L_open-l.jpg
Co-developed by HLDS and Nero, the SecurDisc technology enables secure data protection and content access control when writing data on CD and DVD formats. While some optical disc drives support password encryption as the only security function, LG's new GSA-H55N super Multi drive with Security Function offers multiple features to protect a disc at the user and storage level:

- Password Encryption - Protects user data against unauthorized access through password protection
- Disc Creator Authentication - A digital signature is applied to all data to allow recipients to verify data authenticity
- Integrity Checker - Detects altered data through checksums to verify data integrity and readability
- Data Insurance - Increases data reliability through redundantly stored data
The new LG GSA-H55N will be available at the beginning of April and will additionaly support writing at 20x (DVD-R/+R). Its estimated retail price will be 59 euro. A lighscribe version of the drive (LG GSA-H55L) will be also available at the same time.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/images/uploaded/LG_GGW-H10N.jpg
CeBIT visitors will also have the chance to see the first PC drive that is functioning as Blu-ray Disc Rewriter and HD DVD-ROM drive. The new GGW-H10N is a "Super Multi Blue" Blu-ray Disc Rewriter and HD DVD-ROM Drive.

The GGW-H10N can record up to 50GB of data. Surpassing the market standard, LG is providing a 4x recording speed of Blu-ray Discs, which means that it takes only 23-24 minutes to burn a full single layer BD-R disc (25GB), compared with 46-47 minutes for conventional 2x recording.

The SATA drive will be released in May, priced under US $1,200. The core technologies of Super Multi Blue Drive are Optical Pickup technology, which supports Blu-ray disc write/playback, HD DVD playback and DVD/CD write/playback, as well as the system controlling the Optical Pickup securely and effectively.

Specifications GGW-H10N

Write
BD-R (Sl/DL) 4x/2x
BD-RE (SL/DL) 2x
DVD±R/R DL 8x/4x
DVD+RW/-RW 8x/6x
CD-R/RW 16x

Read
BD-R/ROM(SL) 4x
BD-R/ROM(DL)/RE(SL/DL) 3,5x
HD DVD-ROM(SL/DL) 3x
DVD±R 10x
DVD±RW 8x
DVD-ROM(SL) 12x
DVD±R DL/ROM DL 6x/8x
CD-R/RW/ROM 32x/24x/32x

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.aspx?NewsId=19925

JoKeRr
03-10-07, 08:14 PM
wonder how long it will be before we see the multi-blue drive below 200 bux. I sure hope sooner the better, but at 1200 right now, u can get a PS3 + Xbox360+HD DVD add on drive.. that's just rediculous.

nekrosoft13
03-10-07, 08:34 PM
yeah, 200 bucks seems resonable, 1200 is a damn joke

mullet
03-10-07, 10:23 PM
wonder how long it will be before we see the multi-blue drive below 200 bux. I sure hope sooner the better, but at 1200 right now, u can get a PS3 + Xbox360+HD DVD add on drive.. that's just rediculous.

Totally agree, All I want is a damn HD-DVD ROM. I don't understand why they holding out on a HD-DVD rom, it drives me nuts why they try and milk everything to death.

SH0DAN
03-11-07, 12:00 AM
150 to 200 USD and I am in,oh and it better have a sata2 interface as well.

crainger
03-11-07, 12:42 AM
150 to 200 USD and I am in,oh and it better have a sata2 interface as well.

QFT. No more PATA please. Those cables are so ugly!

I'm also secretly hoping slot loading drives make a comeback. Sure they were loud, but they were so cool! Like a car stereo! But in my PC! :captnkill:

nekrosoft13
03-11-07, 12:44 AM
never liked slot-loading, usually scratches cds

crainger
03-11-07, 07:47 AM
never liked slot-loading, usually scratches cds

You're just rough. You gotta treat it gentle. You have to caress the CD, feel the CD, until it's a living breathing extension of yourself.

nekrosoft13
03-11-07, 12:18 PM
Looks good but I don't need a burner. Just a HDDVD player...

then get the xbox drive, those work with vista

did anyone tried to open one of those drives? what interface does it use inside?

CaptNKILL
03-11-07, 12:48 PM
$1200? :lol:

superklye
03-11-07, 01:54 PM
$1200? :lol:
Yeah, but if you think about it, that LG dual-format player is $1200 and it doesn't have the HD DVD camp's official endorsement. This does, so I assume that means it's a 100%-complete HD DVD player (meaning it can do all the iHD stuff the stand-alone player can't) plus play and burn BDs.

If one were choosing, I'd say this would the best choice; then just hook this mofo up to an HTPC.

nekrosoft13
03-11-07, 04:02 PM
thats still to much, most i would pay would be about 250

lightman
03-11-07, 04:27 PM
$1200 isn't so much. Do you all remember how much the first DVD burners cost back then ? Or the first CD writers, for that matter... Or (and this shows my age ;)) the WORM and MO drives (Fujitsu, Mitsubishi, Sony, HP, Dynamo, Pinnacle Micro, etc)... They cost all more (in some cases even much more) than $1000...

Give them time. BD and HD-DVD (and combined ones) burners will reach <$400 really fast...