PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Resident Evil 4

Pennyboy
03-10-07, 09:45 PM
Just picked up Resident Evil 4 and everyone is right in saying that the no mouse support sucks and the graphics are worse than bad!! but i'm still having fun with this game so far. Anyway, does anyone know how to pass the bit where the rock comes rolling at you. I am mashing the (ctrl) button to run and have tried everything else I can think of but I keep getting run down. Can someone help, im getting pretty frustrated.

Sectus
03-10-07, 10:03 PM
Okay, there are numerous of these events in the game so you'll need to memorize what buttons they are.

If you look in the setup screen for gamepad controls you'll see what each actions corresponds for which button.

Over all, there are only 3 different buttons combination in the entire game for these "quick time events".

1st: Mash action/fire button (will sometimes be replaced with the cancel/run/reload button)
2nd: Press action/fire and cancel/run buttons at the same time
3rd: Press "aim with knife" and "aim with gun" buttons at the same time.

If you memorize what numbers the 3 different combinations are these events will be a lot less frustrating.

Pennyboy
03-11-07, 01:59 AM
Okay, there are numerous of these events in the game so you'll need to memorize what buttons they are.

If you look in the setup screen for gamepad controls you'll see what each actions corresponds for which button.

Over all, there are only 3 different buttons combination in the entire game for these "quick time events".

1st: Mash action/fire button (will sometimes be replaced with the cancel/run/reload button)
2nd: Press action/fire and cancel/run buttons at the same time
3rd: Press "aim with knife" and "aim with gun" buttons at the same time.

If you memorize what numbers the 3 different combinations are these events will be a lot less frustrating.

Thanks a lot for you help!! will give your advise a go!!

kevJ420
03-11-07, 04:46 PM
Isn't that really different from the GC version, IIRC? didn't the gamecube version have more than 3? Are they trying to screw up every part of it or do I not remember correctly? There is going to be a patch isn't there?
I hope so, but I expect it.

SLippe
03-11-07, 06:37 PM
Isn't that really different from the GC version, IIRC? didn't the gamecube version have more than 3? Are they trying to screw up every part of it or do I not remember correctly? There is going to be a patch isn't there?
I hope so, but I expect it.
A patch for a PS2 game? :rofl

kevJ420
03-11-07, 06:40 PM
A patch for a PS2 game? :rofl
I don't see where I put that, but I'm not perfect. What I meant to say, if I didn't type it before, was, "Won't there still be a patch for the PC version."

SLippe
03-11-07, 06:42 PM
I don't see where I put that, but I'm not perfect. What I meant to say, if I didn't type it before, was, "Won't there still be a patch for the PC version."
A patch for what, btw?

saturnotaku
03-12-07, 06:33 AM
Isn't that really different from the GC version, IIRC? didn't the gamecube version have more than 3? Are they trying to screw up every part of it or do I not remember correctly?

No, you don't remember it correctly because you're a dip****. The GC had three, the PS2 had three, what would make you think it would be any different for the PC? That was a rhetorical question, don't attempt to answer it.

qube
03-12-07, 06:21 PM
go to http://www.gamecopyworld.com/ and download mouseaim for re4

kevJ420
03-12-07, 07:38 PM
No, you don't remember it correctly because you're a dip****. The GC had three, the PS2 had three, what would make you think it would be any different for the PC? That was a rhetorical question, don't attempt to answer it.

Sorry about that.

When I said there should be more than 3, I was thinking individual button presses in addition to the button combos.

However if those 3 button combos are the only things pressed in all the "button sequences" thru out the entire game, then something bad has really happened to my brain.

kevJ420
03-12-07, 07:40 PM
A patch for what, btw?

Sorry about that. There was talk about a patch so the graphics will be good.

nekrosoft13
03-12-07, 07:46 PM
Sorry about that. There was talk about a patch so the graphics will be good.

they said maybe

if no patch that adds mouse aim, lighting and better visuals, i won't even bother.

kevJ420
03-13-07, 05:12 PM
[note: this is concerning the post above.]
Splinter Cell and any game should run perfectly w/ the nhancer pure SS modes. Not only are they better looking, but they can be used with any game, I think. Even the PoP Sands trilogy, although I haven't tested it myself.