PDA

View Full Version : eVGA 680i 1d post code, Lian Li fan controller

daveao
03-11-07, 02:54 PM
I was adding a Lian Li fan controller (mostly for looks).
When I booted the video card had momentary artifacting.
Also strange fan noise. I could not reboot. Error code P1.Found after much searching 1d is memory code, so it stopped at memory check. P.S. it is 1d, not 1D. Looks like P1 on BTX case.
The old "680i won't load memory over 1.8v" problem-
I loaded one memory stick in black slot. Still wouldn't work. I kept trying, cleared CMOS - very frustrated.
Was going to RMA.
Finally it worked. Used black slot furthest from CPU.
So a word to the wise - don't give up on trying.
I came to find out that for some reason my nview changed the default monitor settings (artifacting time)!
I am not sure what caused this.
I had the fan controller on a PCIe unused plug. I changed it to another power plug -just in case. (and this is a great power supply)
P.S. The fan controller uses a pulse modulation - doesn't work well with fans (they make noise). Ended up connecting to 1 case fan. Oh well, controller looks nice.

tigerwild
03-31-07, 09:34 PM
early chipset initialization (Error 1d) - I had this error for a long time too, and no one, even on the eVGA website (my mobo) knew or could spell out how to fix it. Your info here was GREAT! insta-fix. Turns out my brand new board came with the old bios, and doesn't properly support the ram speeds/voltages, even though they are the factory defaults. SUCK. I put just one stick of ram in the S3 (last ram slot farthest from the processor) and VIOLA it boots now!

!@$!@ if I didn't spend soooo much time on this.

I am rather uhappy that eVGA would both release a mobo with this kind of stupid bios error, and then on top of it not even mention the fix anywhere on their site! I hope word of this gets around, cause it seems to be a pretty common problem.:cool: