PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods 07 for the Wii

zoomy942
03-13-07, 12:54 PM
Anyone know anything about this game? ive looked for reviews and i havent found any. it came out today. im interested in how the swing mechanics work. Wii Sports golf was great, Super Swing Golf wasnt so great. I hope Tiger Woods Golf is fun to play.

saturnotaku
03-13-07, 01:04 PM
WRT Super Swing, I ended up simply using button presses for the swing because using the remote was extremely inconsistent. I hope TW '07 would be better, however I probably am going to skip this version and wait for '08 in order to give the developers time to really understand the intricacies of programming for the remote.

nemecb
03-14-07, 11:00 AM
There are some reviews linked here: http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/934378.asp

Looks like it's along the same lines as most of the Wii games so far: the controls aren't perfect but they're good enough to be fun.

zoomy942
03-14-07, 11:27 AM
i read through some of those. im gonna pick this game up over the weekend.

nemecb
03-14-07, 03:52 PM
Well, here's my thinking on it. I'd like the controls to be perfect, and I think eventually games will come out that are (or at least very close), but I haven't run into a game yet where the controls diminished my experience at all. A perfect example is Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, which I just got yesterday (and incidentally one of my friends did the motion capture animation for...it's the only time I've ever started up a game for the first time and immediately gone and watched the credits;)). It has serious difficulty differentiating between up and down motion with the wiimote. However, although they are two different functions, both directions do essentially the same thing so it's not a big deal. Even though they may not have gotten the motion detection perfect, they designed the controls properly so that any errors didn't detract from the game.

My biggest problem with that game is that it's just overwhelming. I've just started, and already I have like 20 superheroes each with a lot of special abilities that can be increased as they gain experience. That's a lot to keep track of.:)

zoomy942
03-16-07, 05:03 PM
well, im getting excited. im gonna grab tiger woods this weekend. i'll get back to you guys and let you know how it is.

im not a golfer in real life but i FREAKIN love golf video games so i am really excvited about this

zoomy942
03-19-07, 10:11 AM
so i bought it over the weekend.

man, its awesome. i had a blast hittin' the links with my fiancee. the controls are great, and its alot more real than Wii Sports Golf (but thats still fun). There are tons of game modes and tons of holes as well. Its a blast.

Very good choise if you are looking for a solid golf game on the Wii

nrdstrm
03-19-07, 08:09 PM
How are the swing mechanics? Damn it all...I was resisting, but I just may have to buy a Wii..

TiKiMaN1
03-19-07, 10:51 PM
Freaking sweet commercial!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5oIhj-6JuA

zoomy942
03-20-07, 09:58 AM
How are the swing mechanics? Damn it all...I was resisting, but I just may have to buy a Wii..

they are alot more realistic than when i was playing wii sports golf. this game forces you to pay attention to your swing. you cant half-a*s it or you will slice the ball. i am doing terrible because i am used to the forgiving nature of wii sports golf. this is a blast.

nemecb
03-20-07, 10:19 AM
Freaking sweet commercial!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5oIhj-6JuA
Yeah, that's pretty good. I saw it on tv a little while ago.