PDA

View Full Version : Serious FPS problem with jedi academy

Anthywill
03-13-07, 01:13 PM
I just upgraded my PC last week and I'm running a Geforce 8800 GTX now I'm experiencing horrible FPS (between 10 to 20 FPS:( ) on Jedi Academy mp. I've tried messing with the settings but nothing seems to work I also have Nhancer installed but, I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it. So if anybody has found a solution to this problem please share it.

kevJ420
03-13-07, 05:39 PM
Hello, i might not be of any help, but i'll try.

the best 2 drivers for the 8800 gtx in xp are 97.92, and 96.89.

the newest one for vista is the best for vista.

there's some opengl compatibility settings in nhancer.

check the website, or you can get descriptions within the latest version of nhancer.

kevJ420
03-13-07, 05:42 PM
another user suggested turning of thread optimisation may work, and set monitor to single-monitor perfromance, there is a similar thread before about jedi academy and it may help more than i can.

Anthywill
03-13-07, 06:26 PM
Okay I tried that and I'm getting about 25 FPS now so I think I'm okay for the moment I'll keep messing with the settings and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the help.

XxDeadlyxX
03-13-07, 06:36 PM
Turn off 'Dynamic Glow' in the options... it completely kills fps.

There are sooo many 8800 issues right now, both on Vista and XP :thumbdwn:

Same with Call of Duty.. if Dynamic Lights are enabled in the options then there is horrible stutter and bad fps.

Must be a Q3 engine thing.

kevJ420
03-13-07, 07:57 PM
Turn off 'Dynamic Glow' in the options... it completely kills fps.

There are sooo many 8800 issues right now, both on Vista and XP :thumbdwn:

Same with Call of Duty.. if Dynamic Lights are enabled in the options then there is horrible stutter and bad fps.

Must be a Q3 engine thing.

Nvidia needs to be notified of this. I couldn't enjoy at all w/o the dynamic glow, so be sure to e-mail nvidia a bug report b/c this is a really glaring issue. I only like the very best.

XxDeadlyxX
03-13-07, 10:54 PM
Do you have a link to submit XP bug reports? All I'm getting everywhere is the Vista bug report form, just fill in that? They may ignore it as these issues may not be in Vista... I dont have it installed to check.

Anthywill
03-13-07, 11:00 PM
That's weird my FPS is not hindered by having the dynamic lights on also I still need some suggestions on how to get the FPS up more I'm only at 20 FPS.