PDA

View Full Version : Chaintech GeForce 7300GS installation prob.

CardPHG
03-13-07, 05:28 PM
My machine came with an on board video (ATI Radeon Xpress 200) and I wanted to add a new video card because of the S video tv out because I am using my LCD as my monitor. For some reason the picture is much worst than the original on board. A whole bunch of programs are not working well on the computer, including windows itself. Any ideas please let me know. I am looking for all the help I can get. Thanks.

XFX Support
03-14-07, 12:54 PM
Was the onboard video disabled in bios and/or device manager before you installed the 7300GS? What driver are you using with the 7300GS?

XFX Support

CardPHG
03-14-07, 04:03 PM
well, I did not disable the onboard in bios or device manager. I did it after because I thought if I disabled the onboard, the vga connection to my tv would go too and i wouldn't be able to see anything. I am a newbie so I am not sure if I made a major mistake. Plus, I don't know how to disable it in bios. I used my installed disk that came with the card for the driver. I hope that helped.

XFX Support
03-15-07, 11:47 AM
You are going to want to go into the device manager and under display adapters highlight the onboard video, right click and select disable. It will ask you if your sure, say yes and then it will ask if you want to reboot, select no, then shut down the system. Install the new video card and connect the monitor to the new video card and boot up the system. You then should be able to then install the driver for your 7300GS. Let us know how it goes.

XFX Support

CardPHG
03-15-07, 12:50 PM
The system got so bad that even my blue tooth keyboard and mouse are not working properly. I was thinking before I tried doing what you said that I use windows system restore, what do you think? After that I can try to install it again your way. Thank you once again for your assistance it is immensely appreciated.

CardPHG
03-17-07, 02:02 PM
Ok, I am back. I tried reinstalling like you said but as the drivers are installing the system warned me about the hardware not being tested for Windows Logo or something like that do I want to continue. As I say yes, a whole bunch of errors pop up from different programs and dll cannot be found on most of them and they need to shut down. Does it mean that my card is not compatible with my system? I have an emachines C6415 with an MSI-7145 motherboard. I have 1.5 GB RAM and a hydro 400 Watt atx PS. Please I hope I included enough information for you guys to help. Thank you.

CardPHG
03-19-07, 01:43 PM
Hello again,
I have done as XFX stated and the card as far as graphics works. however, I still get error messages when I try to access some softwares. For example, I cannot go into my help and support page on start menu and my antivirus cannot update. It says things like windows explorer has encoutered an error and needs to close. Some even say that exe file is corrupted or missing. I have been really trying to make this work and now I am getting great picture quality thanks to you guys. Thank you once again and I will keep you guys posted.