PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill 3 and 4 blood problems

LeTroll
03-13-07, 11:51 PM
Hi,

Yesterday I got Silent Hill 3 and 4 for the PC, and both games are displaying weird blood colors. I wont play these two great games before I solve this problem because I dont want to break the game experience of such masterpieces hehe.

When blood color is set to normal, I get turquoise blood. When it's set to black, it becomes white. Set to Green, it's violet. Set to violet, and it's green. So it seems the color of the blood are inverted.

I found someone else having the same problem with a 8800GTX, this is the link to the thread, in his post you can see a screenshot of the problem.
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86057
No solution has been found or explained in this thread.

As it seems the color of the blood is inverted (Dark red = turquoise, withe = black, green = violet, ect), could it be possible to modify a file, edit a meshes or something like this to invert the color in the file so when they get inverted in the game the good color is displayed ?

I'm using a 8800GTS with 97.92 drivers, I think it might be a problem with the driver itself or a setting in the driver's control panel. If you successfully ran one of these games without inverted blood color with a 8800 GTX or GTS or had a the same problem with another card and solved it could you please tell me which driver you used or what you did to solve the problem

I'd really really like to enjoy those two games, any help will be much appreciated,

Thanks in advance :)

*** SOLVED ***
Check post #8 for solution

saturnotaku
03-14-07, 06:27 AM
I'd really really like to enjoy those two games, any help will be much appreciated,

Get yourself a PS2. They're coming free in specially marked boxes of cereal. PC ports of console games typically suck and are rarely, if ever, supported. Don't count on fixes of any sort from either NVIDIA or the developers.

LeTroll
03-14-07, 08:02 AM
I've already got a PS2 hehe but I prefer to buy all games I can for the PC, I dont like playing on a console as my PC monitor is much better than the TV my PS2 is plugged on. If it wasnt of this blood color bug the game would be much more enjoyable on PC than PS2 as I can apply AA and AF to the game with nHancer, use highest res textures and I've got a good Saitek gamepad.

I'll do all I can to try to fix the blood color bug on PC but if I find absolutely no solution in few days I guess I'll have to buy the games on PS2 :(

kevJ420
03-14-07, 12:44 PM
I've already got a PS2 hehe but I prefer to buy all games I can for the PC, I dont like playing on a console as my PC monitor is much better than the TV my PS2 is plugged on. If it wasnt of this blood color bug the game would be much more enjoyable on PC than PS2 as I can apply AA and AF to the game with nHancer, use highest res textures and I've got a good Saitek gamepad.

I'll do all I can to try to fix the blood color bug on PC but if I find absolutely no solution in few days I guess I'll have to buy the games on PS2 :(

He's going to hate me even more for agreeing w/ you 100%, but you're right on. The PS2 versions usually suck compared to the pc versions w/ all of the settings you described, but anyways, I think there could be 2 possible solutions, I don't know if they'd work, but here they are:
1. use the 96.89 drivers.
2. contact nv customer care

Also, I had another question, as I still haven't gotten around to Silent Hill 3 or 4 but was looking very forward to it, but are you still able to turn everything on in 3 w/o problems other than blood color issues? I think there was a special lighting option for the geforce fx, so I was worried that it wouldn't work w/ the 8800gtx. Do you know if it does?

nekrosoft13
03-14-07, 12:59 PM
screw PS2, i know this isn't for vista, but submit bug here
http://www.nvidia.com/object/vistaqualityassurance.html

mention that samething happens in XP, and nvidia will check it out, fix it hopefuly soon.

LeTroll
03-14-07, 06:36 PM
I think there could be 2 possible solutions, I don't know if they'd work, but here they are:
1. use the 96.89 drivers.
2. contact nv customer care

Also, I had another question, as I still haven't gotten around to Silent Hill 3 or 4 but was looking very forward to it, but are you still able to turn everything on in 3 w/o problems other than blood color issues? I think there was a special lighting option for the geforce fx, so I was worried that it wouldn't work w/ the 8800gtx. Do you know if it does?

Hi,

Thanks for the replies guys, I sent a ticket to nVidia Vista Customer Care (even if I'm getting this bug under XP). Later tonight when I'm home I'm going to try the 96.89 drivers, even if the tweaked 97.92 I'm using are working flawlessly with nice IQ and blazing FPS in any game without glitches, bugs or anything.

As for the other bugs in Silent Hill, I found absolutely none and everything looked perfect with a modified .ini file for widescreen resolution and a little hack to adjust FOV for 16:10 display. When I set the texture resolution to 4096x4096 I got extremely low FPS though, around 15 FPS in open environments, but with 2048x2048 textures I'm running both games at a capped 60 FPS with all settings maxed out and 8x AA and 16x AF. You can see what I've got in my computer in my signature.

LeTroll
03-15-07, 08:00 AM
Morning bump

LeTroll
03-15-07, 11:43 PM
Hi,

I solved my problem tonight by using the 100.87 driver under Windows XP. I tried many 9x.xx drivers and I had the turquoise blood bug on all of them, only 100.87 had correct blood color.

With 100.87 driver I couldnt use RivaTuner to set my fan speed at 100%, I really need it for my overclock. I found a program named Expertool which seems to be able to adjust the fan speed of your video card no matter what driver you're using, its probably the best too to use with 100.xx drivers as RivaTuner isnt working anymore and nTune cant load profiles or apply custom fan speed at start-up.

Thanks for your help, I hope some people will find this information use ful hehe :D

OWA
03-16-07, 04:57 PM
Can you post some screenshots showing what the game looks on the PC (with max settings)?