PDA

View Full Version : Who has an ASUS P5N32-E SLI?

methimpikehoses
03-14-07, 12:03 PM
And how do you like it? I can get one (slightly used) for under 2 bills, but I want to make sure its worth it. Anyone know about its vdroop, any boot issues, and RAM compatibility for G Skill PC6400?

Seen a mixed bag of results from Google. Thanks.

methimpikehoses
03-14-07, 12:35 PM
Here's what G Skill has to say about RAM compatibility:

"Hi

Yes there is no problem to run

Thank you

Denny

GSKILL USA REP"

Well I wonder.

Reaper106
03-14-07, 06:28 PM
I have had a P5N32-E SLI now for about 3weeks, So far it has been rock solid, I am running Corsair XMS 2x1024 XMS2 6400 with no problems at all.

sammy sung
03-15-07, 12:04 AM
i had mine since before christmas,had a few issues here and there but ASUS have solved most of them with bios updates,the latest 0903 has reportedly taken care of the v drop issues and i have no stability problems .

methimpikehoses
03-15-07, 12:18 AM
Thanks, I'm still trying to decide. G Skill says they have tested 4GB on that board, but I see things all over the net that says you may need to mod the board to get it to run 4 at this point.

Also, there seems to be issues with quad cores, which I plan to run later this year.

I can get a p5n32-e sli for $150... wonder if its worth the trouble.:headexplode:

rhink
03-15-07, 12:45 AM
I have one. I'm underwhelmed. I picked one up because of the great experiences I had with my old nforce 2 ultra board for my Athlon XP.

The first board I had was flaky from the start. Reboot issues, etc, it gradually became and more unstable until it wouldn't boot at all. RMA'd it, haven't had any issues with the replacement board, but it's still a poor overclocker.