PDA

View Full Version : Quick Mobo Question

RussianHAXOR
03-14-07, 09:15 PM
My A8n-SLI Rig has a weird thing.... my CPU IS usually COOLER than my Motherboard is unless it goes over 40 in game. Otherwise my CPU will be running at like 30 or 32 and then my mobo will be running at like... 36 or more! WTH. My mobo fan isnt clogged and its definitely spinning.... i didnt have these issues before... Should i slap an aftermarket onto it and not worry?

Anyone have any chimings? Right now... im on 36CPU and 40 Mobo.....

edit... since nobody has any suggestions...... CPu 33. MOBO 39?!?

hokeyplyr48
03-15-07, 05:23 AM
well my asus a9n32-sli deluxe runs a little lower than that 36 degrees. just google your board and check what others are saying about the temps.
if worst comes to worse just place a fan near the mobo temp sensor

RussianHAXOR
05-14-07, 08:28 PM
I'm RMAing my mobo shouldnt be 10C hotter than my CPU...

Rytr
05-14-07, 09:19 PM
If you've had that board for a while maybe you accidently blocked the location of where the sensor is located and created a hotspot on the board that has created the higher temp reading...just a guess.

RussianHAXOR
05-15-07, 01:13 AM
The sensor is free... my mobo is actually MUCh neater than it was before and now i have to unplug everything just to RMA it....

t3hl33td4rg0n
05-17-07, 04:06 AM
How is the airflow in that region? You could try sticking a fan near it and see what happens.

MUYA
05-18-07, 05:03 AM
My Asus A8N-SLi no frills also always reports the temp of the MB larger than teh CPU when the CPU is idle. This must because ASUS has crap thermoresistor whereever the MB thing is located. WOuldn't worry too much about it.

krokodil
05-24-07, 06:21 AM
well my asus a9n32-sli deluxe runs a little lower than that 36 degrees. just google your board and check what others are saying about the temps.
if worst comes to worse just place a fan near the mobo temp sensor

I've got curious and looked at mine: cpu @ 46 and mb @ 50 idling and in one
of the few airconditioned rooms over here. I opened the box and touched the
devices: disks and cpu cooler @ maybe 30, everything else @ roomtemperature.
I guess these sensors are just for entertainment but not real readings :-\
Too bad - I've been using Asus boards since 1997 (P2L97 and still running) and
always thought of them as some of the better ones.

Anyone reading this care to comment on the GA-965P-DS4 (Rev 3.3)?

Rytr
05-24-07, 07:49 PM
Anyone reading this care to comment on the GA-965P-DS4 (Rev 3.3)?

The 965P-DS4 all have been good the rev. 3.3 is just updated (1333MHz, Quad Core2, etc) and has solid capacitors. For the price it should be the best 965 out there. The layout is OK but but from past experience a long graphics card will create some cramped spaced between it and the memory dimms but this is typical on most of these boards. It should perform as well and probably better than previous versions which is very good to excellent (especially the harddrives performance). Again, it should for the price.

krokodil
05-25-07, 12:28 AM
The 965P-DS4 all have been good the rev. 3.3 is just updated (1333MHz, Quad Core2, etc) and has solid capacitors. For the price it should be the best 965 out there. The layout is OK but but from past experience a long graphics card will create some cramped spaced between it and the memory dimms but this is typical on most of these boards. It should perform as well and probably better than previous versions which is very good to excellent (especially the harddrives performance). Again, it should for the price.

Thank you very much for your comment.

I'm in the process of setting up a new box and want to go quad core (Q6600)
and was undecided between a P5N32-E SLI and the Gigabyte board. As I would
yet have to make use of the SLI capabilities of my current machine (A8N32 SLI) I might as well settle for a board without SLI capabilities :-)

Rytr
05-25-07, 04:39 PM
You will be happy with the new DS4 and the Q6600 as it should be a good match.
Any quality motherboard out right now should be good and trouble-free if you stay within 15% of the default clocks with Intel Core2's. But I do like to throw in a alternative now and then. One I am working with now is a low-end non-SLI Nvidia Ultra model branded by EVGA. If you don't need the extra LANs, the four extra SATAs, the four extra USBs, and some of the other offerings of the 680i chipset this 650i could get you by for a lot less (<60%) under one of the Nvidia partner brands. It has solid capacitors, 1333MHz FSB (QDR) capability, the works...just no frills. I only put a 40mm fan on the NB and heatsink (does not come with one) on the SB. But I oc'ed it 35%. I did not need those to run an E6600 @ 3.0GHz, 1333MHz FSB (QDR).