PDA

View Full Version : Easy to install power supply?

Headbust
03-17-03, 10:22 AM
Never installed one before..I currently have a 300watt and will be needing to upgrade once i get my geforce fx card. Only question I basically is..

After I install it all the power cables coming out of it dont need to go in specific places do they?. Like say for my dvd-rw and dvd-rom drive. Lets say for example that there are 5 of the same cables coming out of the power supply(with the same connectors ect..ect) Are they reallly all the same?.

Basically whatever fits into what i am powering it would be the right cable for that job right?.

Also if you could recomend some powersupplys that would be appreciated...(looking for a 400 watt)

jAkUp
03-17-03, 10:30 AM
all molex connectors are the same... make sure to plug the mainboard plug in too... also dont forget to plug in a molex into your video card once you get it... the only different plug is the floppy plug, which is a smaller plug than the standard molex

when choosing a powersupply, always go with either enermax or antec... best powesupplys there are... you can go wrong with either one.

saturnotaku
03-17-03, 10:33 AM
The four-pin connectors that power hard drives, optical drives and some case fans are all the same. The three-pin connectors that power floppy drives are the same. There also will be one connection for the motherboard and you won't be able to miss that. You should be able to see what goes where, it's not that difficult.

As far as power supply brands, you won't go wrong with Antec or Enermax. If you really want the best and are not afraid to spend the money, PC Power and Cooling (http://www.pcpowercooling.com/) is where you should go.

jAkUp
03-17-03, 10:40 AM
lol see? i told you enermax and antec's are good:D

The Baron
03-17-03, 04:15 PM
ANTEC TRUEBLUE480W!

Silent but deadly. And blue. :D

Easy to install--line up the screw holes, install the screws, plug stuff in, voila, you're done.

fastguy94416
03-17-03, 05:46 PM
I have an enermax true power 430. Very nice, but not blue