PDA

View Full Version : PS3 sales in last place again for February 07

Pages : [1] 2

Ruined
03-16-07, 02:38 AM
Half the sales of January with more stock available according to NPD!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146545

Nextgen rankings:
#1 Wii - 335,000
#2 Xbox 360 - 228,000
#3 PlayStation 3 -127,000

Badboy_12345
03-16-07, 03:15 AM
well they will never be in first until they get the price down to at least 400$ :rolleyes:

they just used the ps3 to get the blue-ray format in it wasnt meant for gamers :p

they couldnt have possible thought that a 600$ console would sell well...
If they just went with dvd they would have released it 1 year earlier and probably have won this console war too..

But now the x360 and wii is kicking its ass and spitting on it calling the ps3 a looser... :lol:

Mr_LoL
03-16-07, 03:17 AM
Looks like ruined has some sort of agenda against the ps3. I quit caring about console sales when I left primary school.

Mr. Hunt
03-16-07, 06:47 AM
Looks like ruined has some sort of agenda against the ps3. I quit caring about console sales when I left primary school.

Not just the PS3, he also hates Blu-Ray quite a bit. Guess he has nothing better to do because he doesn't have movies to watch on "his" format.

Bad_Boy
03-16-07, 07:30 AM
Not just the PS3, he also hates Blu-Ray quite a bit. Guess he has nothing better to do because he doesn't have movies to watch on "his" format.
lol :o

OWA
03-16-07, 09:07 AM
Heh, it's probably b/c he's a member of Team Xbox. :)

But, the sales figure is still kind of disappointing. Hopefully it'll pick up soon now that more games are available.

Marvel_us
03-16-07, 09:09 AM

I kinda feel the same. I'm actually glad that Sony is getting a wake up call. Knowing them they are going to do a ton of stuff to get PS3 rolling, which can already be seen with what they showed at GDC. Hopefully they will have a better vision for PS4 as well. There is still a whole lot of ball game left in the console war though so who knows what sales will be like next year at this time.

Imbroglio
03-16-07, 09:29 AM
who didn't think it is going to be this way? i'd like to see ps2 sales vs ps3. i know it's not a next gen console, but honestly, 119 vs 599, not even close.

i stated in the january sales amounts thread that 3/4 of the january sales were from holiday carryover, once the console became available. the ps3 sales are going to be like this until a decent library is built up. these threads are getting repetitive.

edit: saw the thread, ps2 = 293,000 more than double ps3 sales. God of War 2 coming out on the ps2 this month isn't going to drive many more ps3 sales either. Maybe motorstorm actually moved some units though, i'd like to see march's numbers soon :)

SeriTonin
03-16-07, 09:31 AM
Numbers don't lie, like biased fans on forums do. This clearly shows Sony doesn't have the public's interest when it comes to PS3 @ $600....the 360 seems to be reaping the benefits for next-gen graphic gaming, while Wii is just stomping a mud hole in everyone.

toxikneedle
03-16-07, 10:05 AM
they need to put some dashes or something to seperate the console name and the number sold. I thought "Xbox 480" was the next-gen xbox and that the original xbox sold 480 units.

Zelda_fan
03-16-07, 12:23 PM

so someone posts facts and he has a PS3 agenda? lawlz

Hex
03-16-07, 12:23 PM
Numbers don't lie, like biased fans on forums do. This clearly shows Sony doesn't have the public's interest when it comes to PS3 @ $600....the 360 seems to be reaping the benefits for next-gen graphic gaming, while Wii is just stomping a mud hole in everyone.

There are still no games out to draw people.
VF5 is a great game, awsome even but not a system seller.
Gundum mosou (sp?) in japan is doing ok, and japan PS3 sales are better but it has no bearing over here.
Motorstorm like VF5 is an awsome game, but not a system seller.
Until one of the big guns hits, sales will stay like this.

Zelda_fan
03-16-07, 12:24 PM
lawl

gameboy advance is beating out PS3

lawl

Zelda_fan
03-16-07, 12:25 PM
lawl

Nintendo is selling more hardware than all other consoles combined

lawl

Zelda_fan
03-16-07, 12:29 PM
My impression of a Sony fanboy

"duh, heIy, whIy did dey spELL PS3 'N-I-N-T-E-N-D-O-D-S'?"

kev13dd
03-16-07, 12:31 PM
so someone posts facts and he has a PS3 agenda? lawlz
QFT

They act like Ruined CREATED these numbers, or they call him names the number suddenly aren't true anymore. Best of luck with that

K

evilchris
03-16-07, 12:32 PM

Yeah, there are no HD DVD movies to watch. My Netflix queue is 3:1 in favor of HD DVD, maybe I imagined that tho....

Gotta love Hunt and bad-Boy panic trolling when bad news for PS3 hits :)

OWA
03-16-07, 12:57 PM
Gotta love those that gulp up the viral marketing also. :)

Lyme
03-16-07, 02:02 PM
It is pretty simple, if Burger King games proved one thing: Cheap sells. The PS3 isn't cheap.

DiscipleDOC
03-16-07, 02:07 PM
I could really care less about what console sold the most. It's all about what console you like. If a person like a certain console, he's gonna buy it.

All of this bureaucratic bs about what game system sold the most is really childish.:thumbdwn:

Lyme
03-16-07, 02:09 PM
All of this bureaucratic bs about what game system sold the most is really childish.:thumbdwn:

Still stuck with a NeoGeo? It isn't going to catch on..

thor1182
03-16-07, 02:42 PM
I could really care less about what console sold the most. It's all about what console you like. If a person like a certain console, he's gonna buy it.

actually, what system sold the most becomes very important. The reason being is that devs want to make money, so they develop for the system with the largest install base. They might ports it to another system, but most likely pawn the work off to some smaller firm. There was an inq article that covers this in more depth. Bottom line, if your system is not doing well, you get screwed on the games that get made for it.

Mesce
03-16-07, 04:42 PM
There will be more PS3's sold on 23rd of March world wide than wii and xbox360 will sell in a week world wide, at least if all goes to plan with the pre-orders in which it should ;)

zoomy942
03-16-07, 04:46 PM
There will be more PS3's sold on 23rd of March world wide than wii and xbox360 will sell in a week world wide, at least if all goes to plan with the pre-orders in which it should ;)

uh huh :wtf:

1337_Like_ThaT
03-16-07, 04:51 PM
Still stuck with a NeoGeo? It isn't going to catch on..

Screw that, Sega Nomad baby :) 3 hours of battery life on a new 6 pack of batteries :headexplode: