PDA

View Full Version : Core 2 e6300 question

kevJ420
03-16-07, 11:02 AM
I was wondering if it's likely that transistors on it will die as time goes on since 1/2 of the cache is defective. Do other transistors die quicker compared to the e6600 which has all of its cache working?

To me it seems like if 1/2 the cache went out during quality control, then other transistors on it would die quicker than one of the models w/ all physical cache working, but I really need someone else's answer. It would be greatly appreciated.

ViN86
03-16-07, 11:16 AM
no, and no.

your cpu will be fine.

kevJ420
03-16-07, 11:18 AM
thank you. It's greatly appreciated.

ViN86
03-16-07, 11:59 AM
thank you. It's greatly appreciated.
np, anyways, even if it did crap out on you, it should be under warranty. if the transistors were more likely to fail, then you would see a lot more ppl having problems.

you have to realize that they also usually downclock these lower model CPU's, so although the full cache may not be fully operational, the CPU isnt running as fast.

DiscipleDOC
03-16-07, 11:59 AM
I was wondering if it's likely that transistors on it will die as time goes on since 1/2 of the cache is defective. Do other transistors die quicker compared to the e6600 which has all of its cache working?

To me it seems like if 1/2 the cache went out during quality control, then other transistors on it would die quicker than one of the models w/ all physical cache working, but I really need someone else's answer. It would be greatly appreciated.
*chuckles and leaves the thread.