PDA

View Full Version : Warhound, from creators of Call of Juarez

Quickstar
03-16-07, 01:23 PM
http://pc.ign.com/articles/773/773041p1.html

Looks pretty sweet because I loved Call of Juarez. Too bad Crysis will put it to shame graphically but I just liked the way CoJ played. And yes, every time i see jungle, i have to reference Crysis.:cool:

Jonelo
03-16-07, 01:32 PM
A Crysis clone ?:rolleyes: , I prefer a COJ type game , original gameplay , atmosfere and pretty storyline

DiscipleDOC
03-16-07, 01:41 PM
The scene didn't look bad...I liked it...

nekrosoft13
03-16-07, 01:51 PM
not really a crysis clone.

you play a mercenarie. oh and this game will support DX10 and PS4 ;)

|MaguS|
03-16-07, 02:44 PM
A Crysis clone ?:rolleyes: , I prefer a COJ type game , original gameplay , atmosfere and pretty storyline

How so? Looks far more realistic setting then that of Crysis super soldier/alien setting...

LORD-eX-Bu
03-16-07, 04:06 PM
looks like a cool game. I can't wait for these games to come out, its been a while since we've had a decent game:lol:

OWA
03-16-07, 04:51 PM
not really a crysis clone.

you play a mercenarie. oh and this game will support DX10 and PS4 ;)

Sounds good and looks good.

Here's the blurb talking about what you mentioned (from the link in the first post):

Warhounds is being built on the fourth iteration of the Chrome Engine, and the visuals really show off all the lessons the team has learned since the first Chrome Engine was built eight years ago. It uses all the latest DX10 and Pixel Shader 4.0 effects as well as a 64-bit color High Dynamic Range rendering pipeline. What that means in practical terms is that the game is definitely on par with games like Crysis in terms of visuals and effects. The whole range of high-end features are included here -- depth of field realistic rendering of distance effects, light effects that include soft shadows and realistic blooms, cool smudge effects for motion blur and heat distortion, high detailed bump mapping for character and vehicle models. Basically the game has just about every high-end graphical feature you can imagine.

It's particularly cool how the physics system works. Sure, the game has the requisite muscular skeletal rag doll effects and destructible environments we're coming to expect from FPS games, but it also has a physics model that allows things like vegetation and even smoke to actually interact with objects in the game world. Seeing a grenade explosion flatten out a field of tall grass is particularly nice.

lowdog
03-17-07, 12:36 AM
When is Techland going to release Dead Island, this is the game I want from them........an island full of zombies. (nana2)

nekrosoft13
03-17-07, 12:48 AM
good question, its been a bit quite about Dead Island

Ywap
03-17-07, 05:30 AM
Im also more interested in Dead Island, but after playing Call of Juarez im sure gonna buy them both. Techland is AAA developers in my eyes nowdays.

DRen72
03-17-07, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I see it says it will be released this winter but anyone want to place bets that this may get a release in the summer of 2008?

nekrosoft13
03-17-07, 02:04 PM
techland is working on 3 games right now.

Dead Island
Warhounds
and
Chrome 2

so delays are possible

jAkUp
03-17-07, 02:40 PM
This is a DX10 game :p I thought the trailer looked cool.

nekrosoft13
03-17-07, 02:55 PM
Dead Island and Chrome 2 will be DX10 also

DRen72
03-18-07, 12:46 AM
I liked Chrome. Nice story and it had a happy ending.

|MaguS|
03-18-07, 12:51 AM
Wait... someone actually played Chrome?