PDA

View Full Version : College Hoops 2K7

OWA
03-16-07, 01:40 PM
College Hoops 2K7 was released this week. I'm not sure if there is a demo out or not but if you're fan of b-ball, it's pretty good. I spent a while playing it last night after CBS broke away from the UNC game to show some other game I cared nothing about. Colllege Hoops is a lot like NBA2K7 although there are some differences that took me a bit to get used to. One thing I didn't like is that they don't have the player names. They have their numbers and a somewhat generic likeness to the player but no names. The auto substitution also didn't work quite as well as it does in NBA2K7. For example, I was playing UNC and one of the first subs off the bench was usually Q. Thomas, a point-guard. But, he'd sub in for a shooting guard and sometimes guards would sub in for forwards, etc. Once I get more into it, I'll probably take control of the subs completely to keep that from happening. Overall though, I really like it and it'll help fill in the dull-periods when they aren't showing an NCAA tournament game. :)

1337_Like_ThaT
03-16-07, 01:54 PM
March madness FTW baby :) Not a big fan of college myself, last game I picked up for college was NCAA Footbal back on PS1. Glad to hear the game is working out for you. BTW I'm still waiting to challenge you on MLB 2k7...

OWA
03-16-07, 02:12 PM
March madness FTW baby :) Not a big fan of college myself, last game I picked up for college was NCAA Footbal back on PS1. Glad to hear the game is working out for you. BTW I'm still waiting to challenge you on MLB 2k7...
Yeah, I saw you playing it the other day and I almost sent you a message to see if you wanted to play online. But, I hadn't played it in a few days and wanted to practice some. Do you usually win against an AI team (if so, how easily -- just trying to judge how much I need to practice :)).

1337_Like_ThaT
03-16-07, 03:09 PM
Yeah, I saw you playing it the other day and I almost sent you a message to see if you wanted to play online. But, I hadn't played it in a few days and wanted to practice some. Do you usually win against an AI team (if so, how easily -- just trying to judge how much I need to practice :)).

I'm decent at it. I have begun a season on Pro level and been winning all games since, especially yesturday I bashed the Oakland A's 22-0 :p But I have a tendancy to strike out alot as I like to swing at alomst all pitches that even seem close near the target zone. Otherwise I'm pretty good at slugging them outta of the park. Let me know, drop me a message I'll be online playing this weekend on MLB2k7 and Motorstorm

OWA
03-16-07, 03:15 PM
Sounds good and...uh, I think I need to practice a little more. :)

I do the same (strike out a lot b/c I swing at anything close).

1337_Like_ThaT
03-16-07, 03:21 PM
BTW, where did you get your cool PSN icon at, the little robot? I want one similiar hehe How good are you at MotorStorm so far? I just recently begun playing it, passed all Level 1 races 1st placed and I'm addicted to it!

OWA
03-16-07, 04:04 PM
It was one of the provided choices. You should have been given several screens of choices for your avatar. I think it's part of the process of creating an account for the network/PSN. I created a Japanese account last night so I could download that golf game and got to choose an avatar at some point in that process.

I think I placed 1st in all the level 1 races. I'm currenly on level 2 and some of those I've had to replay a few times just to place. I haven't tried online yet but we should see if we can get some of the guys here to play online. I wonder if we can restrict who plays or if it's a free-for-all.