PDA

View Full Version : Rachet & Clank Future Video

Pages : [1] 2

Marvel_us
03-16-07, 03:38 PM
Insomniac has got superb skills. Resistance who?

http://download.gamevideos.com/10000/gv.com.RatchetClankPS3DebutTrailerHD_1280x720.wmv

http://media.1up.com/media?id=3226669&type=lg

S.I.N
03-16-07, 04:07 PM
More like Gears of War who? Thats approaching CG. I cant wait until next year when all these top tier games start hitting.

|MaguS|
03-16-07, 04:36 PM
Its fake... that is CG you know Sony doesn't really make games... oh wait... this isn't Sony... eer... Insomniac Games Sucks!

Bad_Boy
03-16-07, 05:14 PM
http://www.la.gg/upl/ratchetexplosion_S.gif
awesome. :afro:

http://img10.imagepile.net/img10/579953.jpg
...even more awesome. :cool:

Marvel_us
03-16-07, 07:02 PM
Just finished watching this week's 1up Show and I'm even more impressed. Hopefully they throw up a demo this summer to give us a hands on preview.

H3avyM3tal
03-16-07, 08:07 PM
Something is missing here...

Mr. Hunt
03-16-07, 09:54 PM
Something is missing here...

OMG SONI SUX!

Better?

OWA
03-16-07, 11:01 PM
It looks good but I hope they have a demo so I can see if I like that type of game.

|MaguS|
03-16-07, 11:02 PM
Pick up the PS2 titles, Im sure the gameplay wont change much. :D

Nv40
03-17-07, 01:34 AM
Awesome! :D

It looks like a Pixar movie , but in real time.. hehe
That cant be truth isnt it ? is this the same console that have no games or that isnt any better than an xbox360 ? ;)

Heavenly Sword , Rachet & Clank alone will sell PS3's like hotcakes and thats without their major games titles. :)

H3avyM3tal
03-17-07, 06:12 AM
OMG SONI SUX!

Better?

Lol, was it that clear?

Personally I never got around to play R&C on the PS2, cuz you know, money - pfffft. Instead I baught the games that interested me more at the time. But this thing here looks totally awesome.

SwedX
03-17-07, 07:56 AM
Awesome! :D

It looks like a Pixar movie , but in real time.. hehe
That cant be truth isnt it ? is this the same console that have no games or that isnt any better than an xbox360 ? ;)

Heavenly Sword , Rachet & Clank alone will sell PS3's like hotcakes and thats without their major games titles. :)

Oh yeah you are so right the PS3 allready starts to show how much more powerful it really is :D

One thing is for sure..when games like this starts coming out and remember this is just the begining then all 360 fanboys can only STFU couse even a blind man can see how much more power the PS3 really have!

Its starts to show that this is a level only PS3 can manage just as many devs have said so Sony shouldent have any sleepness nights I say ;)

Toss3
03-17-07, 04:15 PM
Oh yeah you are so right the PS3 allready starts to show how much more powerful it really is :D

One thing is for sure..when games like this starts coming out and remember this is just the begining then all 360 fanboys can only STFU couse even a blind man can see how much more power the PS3 really have!

Its starts to show that this is a level only PS3 can manage just as many devs have said so Sony shouldent have any sleepness nights I say ;)
:baaa::

This game looks really awesome though! :) Makes me want to get a ps3 even more... :(

toxikneedle
03-17-07, 05:41 PM
i thought this si the same trailer they showed almost a year ago at either gdc, e3, or tgs or something (can't remember). Why is everyone dry humping it now.

And please, "gears of war who?" Do you even own a 360 SIN?

|MaguS|
03-17-07, 05:57 PM
i thought this si the same trailer they showed almost a year ago at either gdc, e3, or tgs or something (can't remember). Why is everyone dry humping it now.

And please, "gears of war who?" Do you even own a 360 SIN?

The original GDC trailer just showed the future city but no gameplay, this actually shows the characters and gameplay... aswell as its in HD.

I agree that this looks better then Gears of War, Gears of War doesn't look bad by any means but this has more art and style... aswell as not taking place in a closest (well the areas weren't that small but not nearly as large as the videos of R&C show off).

toxikneedle
03-17-07, 07:26 PM
The original GDC trailer just showed the future city but no gameplay, this actually shows the characters and gameplay... aswell as its in HD.

I agree that this looks better then Gears of War, Gears of War doesn't look bad by any means but this has more art and style... aswell as not taking place in a closest (well the areas weren't that small but not nearly as large as the videos of R&C show off).
yeah but what do you think is easier to get to look better, a cartoony looking game or a realistic looking game. It's stupid to compare the two in my opinion.

|MaguS|
03-17-07, 08:32 PM
yeah but what do you think is easier to get to look better, a cartoony looking game or a realistic looking game. It's stupid to compare the two in my opinion.

I don't think Gears of War is going for the completly realistic look, it looks more apocolyptic with a twist. I mean all the character models are bulky rather then looking like a normal muscular person.

Gears also reuses alot of "art", many parts of the game look very similar. You can make an Apocolyptic game look more varied then what they did. I know this is a bad example but Killzone had many different enviroments that didn't look similar at all at times, from fighting in a park to an office/mall to the jungle. It never felt the same.

toxikneedle
03-17-07, 11:28 PM
I don't think Gears of War is going for the completly realistic look, it looks more apocolyptic with a twist. I mean all the character models are bulky rather then looking like a normal muscular person.

Gears also reuses alot of "art", many parts of the game look very similar. You can make an Apocolyptic game look more varied then what they did. I know this is a bad example but Killzone had many different enviroments that didn't look similar at all at times, from fighting in a park to an office/mall to the jungle. It never felt the same.
Heh you damn right Killzone is a bad example.... Although I don't think Gears reuses a lot of art, I found a lot of it varying, not to mention that the whole time I played Gears did this ever bother me; the environments aren't that constant like lets say FEAR takes place in. Now yeah it didnt go from a jungle to an office building to a movie theatre or whatever, but it didn't really need to either.

I'm not talking crap on R&C, it just pisses me off when people compare stuff like this to Gears, just because gears is the flagship title for the 360.... The game is totally different from R&C on every level.

|MaguS|
03-18-07, 12:29 AM
Ok, Lets compare it to Kameo. ;) Think it looks better then that. :)

toxikneedle
03-18-07, 12:47 AM
Ok, Lets compare it to Kameo. ;) Think it looks better then that. :)
Kameo is a GC port :p

|MaguS|
03-18-07, 12:50 AM
Kameo is a GC port :p

Oh you wish... Kameo looks to dam good to be a GC Port. While its life started on the GC it was restarted and shelved twice...

toxikneedle
03-18-07, 12:52 AM
Oh you wish... Kameo looks to dam good to be a GC Port. While its life started on the GC it was restarted and shelved twice...
heh yeah i know, just messin with you magus.

|MaguS|
03-18-07, 12:53 AM
heh yeah i know, just messin with you magus.

Yeah, well...Gears of War sucks.

toxikneedle
03-18-07, 12:57 AM
Yeah, well...Gears of War sucks.
yeah well.... CliffyB disagrees.

|MaguS|
03-18-07, 01:03 AM
yeah well.... CliffyB disagrees.

Who listens to homo's...