PDA

View Full Version : Sony wins console war. The PS3 cures cancer.

Sectus
03-18-07, 01:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcX78W4zLSA - Well, Sony wins! I don't see how Nintendo or Microsoft can compete with the ability to cure cancer.

Now the PS3 just needs to do roundhouse kicks and then Chuck Norris will have to find a new profession.

toxikneedle
03-18-07, 01:36 AM
yeah but then again bluetooth gives you cancer, so running folding@home and using a wireless controller will void each other.

vampireuk
03-18-07, 07:16 AM
Unfortunately though the ps3 has given thousands of children carpel tunnel after spending the past year masturbating over any and all pictures of it. Therefore Sony has damaged the world economy by stopping PS3 fanboys from been able to serve mcdonalds without suffering any undue pain.

Peoples-Agent
03-18-07, 09:07 AM
Unfortunately though the ps3 has given thousands of children carpel tunnel after spending the past year masturbating over any and all pictures of it. Therefore Sony has damaged the world economy by stopping PS3 fanboys from been able to serve mcdonalds without suffering any undue pain.

hah.... Just wait till more Hentai wetdream titles come out, they will really be screwed.

|MaguS|
03-18-07, 11:44 AM
hah.... Just wait till more Hentai wetdream titles come out, they will really be screwed.

X360 beat them to it :(

Lyme
03-18-07, 01:33 PM
Sweet!! I'll rush out to get a PS3 so I can help cure cancer.. and while the PS3 is working away, I'll play games on my 360 and wii.

jAkUp
03-18-07, 02:04 PM
I guess what that means is the PS3 is good for everything besides gaming :o

1337_Like_ThaT
03-18-07, 03:00 PM
Sweet!! I'll rush out to get a PS3 so I can help cure cancer.. and while the PS3 is working away, I'll play games on my 360 and wii.

Hey very nice, very very nice hope you have fun gaming it up Lame, I mean Lyme

MarKoNiO
03-18-07, 04:04 PM

QFT !:captnkill:

Imbroglio
03-18-07, 04:10 PM

<3 sony's true "next-gen" console

TiKiMaN1
03-18-07, 04:17 PM

:D That's what I have always thought. I mean remember they are not making game consoles, but supercomputers.

Lyme
03-18-07, 11:22 PM
Sony has yet to find their niche for the PS3, and their target audience is pretty much anyone who wants to buy it. Doesn't make that great of a sales pitch for the cost. Makes perfect sense why the ps2 is still outselling it. The ps2 has a market, niche, is cheap, and does it well.

Lyme
03-18-07, 11:31 PM
Jeeze Sony quotes like http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/03/17/sony-ceo-wii-is-wonderful
"The Wii vs. PS3 debate isn't really comparing apples to apples. "Wii is a wonderful device, but has a different target audience. If we fail, it is because we positioned PS3 as the Mercedes of the video game field. PS3 is after a different audience and it can be whatever it wants - a home server, game device, even a computer.""
Really doesn't help Sony. Exactly how much of the car market owns a Mercedes? Not a heck of a lot.

|MaguS|
03-18-07, 11:36 PM
Lyme, Your first post goes hand and hand with what Sony is saying. They are not aiming for the same market they originally were aiming for with the PS2. They will come with time, they are going for the high end users. Just like how Nvidia makes the GTX cards for us, Sony is aiming the PS3 at the AV guys, the Tech guys and the gamers.

There is no niche for the PS3... basically its trying to cover all groups and not a single one better then the other. Is this a bad method, who knows... Sony is not looking at the sales in 1/2 years, they said from the beginning that they have a long term goal for the PS3.

What Stringer said is correct, you can't really compare the Wii and PS3. Sony is trying to bring online and other capabilities to the console. Wii is a dedicated game party console while the PS3 is being aimed at a multimedia center.

Mercedes doesn't have that large of a market share but you know what, I would be alot happier driving one then a ford. ;)

Parts
03-19-07, 02:05 AM
the phrase "hentai wet dream" still makes me laugh.

evilchris
03-19-07, 10:23 AM
Sony is aiming the PS3 at the AV guys,

:udawg:

As an "AV guy", that's hilarious.

|MaguS|
03-19-07, 11:25 AM
:udawg:

As an "AV guy", that's hilarious.

You telling me the PS3 is a bad Blu-Ray player? From all reports its IQ is some of the best of Blu-Ray players on the market. Oh wait you don't own a PS3 so you have nothing to fall back on when it comes to the playback quality of the PS3 with Blu-Ray.