PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor - Pacific Assault

technoid
03-18-07, 06:59 AM
I know it's an old game but I didn't buy it when it first came out because of the terrible frame rate the demo had on my system but I seen it for 10 bucks yesterday and picked it up. I've already patched it to v1.2 but I can't find a console or any way to see the version number in the game. Does anyone know if this game has a console or how to tell what version it is while it's running. I'm also wondering if there's a way to benchmark it, besides FRAPS.

I haven't messed with it much yet, just got it installed and didn't see a console or version number.

Thanks for any info.

gstanford
03-18-07, 07:58 AM
While we are on the subject, is it possible (I'm assuming yes, but would like to know for sure) to enable/force AA with G80 in this game (god I hate developers that won't allow AA - I'll take that over soft shadows and motion-blur or whatever any day of the week).

Paddywak
03-18-07, 08:14 AM
I don't know about the console or any way to see the version number in the game ... sorry ... but with regard to ... While we are on the subject, is it possible (I'm assuming yes, but would like to know for sure) to enable/force AA with G80 in this game (god I hate developers that won't allow AA - I'll take that over soft shadows and motion-blur or whatever any day of the week).

================================================== ================
PATCH CONTENTS V1.2
================================================== ================

New Features for Version 1.2

- Patch 2 contains all fixes from all previous patches including Patch 1.
- Numerous single player levels have been modified to improve product polish.
- Various crash exploits have been repaired.
- Server passwords now work as intended.
- Players with negative bonus points can now join stat-tracked servers.
- Retaining class when transitioning no longer allows bypassing of class restrictions.
- An Ammo Tech Weapons exploit has been fixed.
- Player can no longer use blocked weapons.
- After voting for map change, map rotations now function correctly.
- Muted Spectators can no longer chat with teammates.
- Player Deaths now clear after transition.
- Team wins no longer carry over after relaunching from shell.
- Bashing is now allowed from all bolt action rifles when rechambering.
- Red exploding barrels now injure players.
- Blur FX no longer remains after dismounting turret.
- Holstering your weapon now makes you run faster.
- Players no longer respawn looking at the ground.
- There is now a dot at the center of the dynamic crosshair.
- The crosshair now changes contextually based on your target.
- Dead bodies no longer look propped up and not dead.
- The escape key no longer loses funtionality in game.
- The Welcome Screen Message of the Day allows multiple items to be displayed now.
- Shooting a dead player no longer raises your accuracy.
- Numerous localization fixes for all territories

Team Kill Banning

Banning now works as intended. The duration of the ban in seconds can be adjusted via the g_teamkillbanduration variable. The variable can be set to 0 to indicate that the ban should be permanent.

Full Screen Anti-Aliasing (FSAA)

This patch allows you to turn on full-screen anti-aliasing. To turn it on you must modify the value of the following variable:

r_multisample_quality 0 - No multi-sampling
1 - 1 x multi-sampling
2 - 2 x multi-sampling
16 - 16 x mutli-sampling

The software will automatically degrade the value of r_multisample_quality to the highest possible value that your hardware is capable of. In order to see the results of this change you will need to exit the game and return. Once set, the value of this variable will be preserved.

The default value for r_multisample_quality is 0 or No multi-sampling.

adv1
03-18-07, 08:24 AM
There's some more information about enabling full-screen anti-aliasing on EA's customer support web site:http://support.ea.com/
Select PC > Medal of Honor > Pacific Assault and just click Search. It's question 32.

That also shows you how to enable the console.

gstanford
03-18-07, 09:05 AM
Thanks guys.

technoid
03-18-07, 09:56 AM
There's some more information about enabling full-screen anti-aliasing on EA's customer support web site:http://support.ea.com/
Select PC > Medal of Honor > Pacific Assault and just click Search. It's question 32.

That also shows you how to enable the console.

Very Cool, thanks for the AA info and how to enable the console. Now why didn't I try using "+set developer 1" in the shortcut :rolleyes: Sometimes your brain falls asleep on you, or in my case most of the time. Once you bring down the console you can use "version" to get the version level. It'll be interesting to see how it plays on my C2D 6700 and 8800GTS. The demo was really slow on my old system so I didn't buy it.

technoid
03-18-07, 11:41 AM
Well I finally started up the game but after the first cut scene when the actual gameplay starts the game errors out and drops back to the desktop. I've played with the setting quite a abit but it still does it. I've also tried two sets of drivers but still a no-go. Does anyone still have this game installed and does it work for you. This is the retail version with the latest 1.2 patch.

Bummer, that was a quick 10 bucks :)

Burnt_Ram
03-18-07, 12:13 PM
Well I finally started up the game but after the first cut scene when the actual gameplay starts the game errors out and drops back to the desktop. I've played with the setting quite a abit but it still does it. I've also tried two sets of drivers but still a no-go. Does anyone still have this game installed and does it work for you. This is the retail version with the latest 1.2 patch.

Bummer, that was a quick 10 bucks :)
i was using AA, but i turned it back off because it looked terrible. i was getting bad pixelation on weapons on night maps, and to be honest it look's 99% as good with no AA. it's just one of those games that does'nt necessarily need it. i prefer it off

technoid
03-19-07, 12:28 AM
I finally got the game to work. I had to go back to the 1.1 patch and now it works okay. I always use nocd patches because I hate to put the cd in for all the games I play so I install them first and get them going and then go find a nocd patch. But the nocd patch for the 1.2 version caused an error right after the gameplay started so I reinstalled the game and put the 1.1 patch on and it plays fine now. I guess I should say that I ALWAYS buy my games but I hate switching the cd out all the time so I use nocd patches.

So all's well that ends well I guess but this means I can't get the latest features from the 1.2 patch. I played it for a while and it doesn't seem like that good of a game so I guess for 10 bucks I'll play it for a while to get my money out if it and then start on STALKER. I can't wait for STALKER to come out this week.

toxikneedle
03-19-07, 01:35 AM
MOHPA is a good game in one way or another. It sucks but it has its good parts. I wouldn't give up on it too quick, it gets better here and there.

technoid
03-19-07, 12:10 PM
MOHPA is a good game in one way or another. It sucks but it has its good parts. I wouldn't give up on it too quick, it gets better here and there.
Thanks. I can see what you said is true already, I'll keep playing :)