PDA

View Full Version : Colin Mcrae Rally: DIRT (360 Screens)

Buenamos
03-19-07, 03:24 AM
http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_175586.jpg

http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_175589.jpg

http://medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_175587.jpg

Wow, I just finished Motorstorm and I was pretty impressed by that, but this - THIS looks like a whole 'nother beast.

MustangSVT
03-19-07, 03:35 AM
If it actually looks like that, that'll be sweet.

However, I want a decent control scheme. The control scheme in CMR3 to CMR2005 has been the same, and it's sucked for most part, very basic physics. A rally car does not act the same on tarmac as on gravel, according to CMR2005, it does. Hopefully they improved the physics quite a lot.

Badboy_12345
03-19-07, 05:09 AM
I really hope that this Colin will be a simulation and not just some arcade console crap.

Does it offer official tracks and the WRC license?

why would it automatically be arcade crap if its on console?
Forza 2 will be nowhere near arcade and its on console

MustangSVT
03-20-07, 01:40 AM
Forza 2 is an exception, and it (just like Forza 1) won't be as realistic as say LFS.

Anyway, CMR in general so far (including CMR 2005) has been arcadey. I hope they make it at least more enjoyable physics like RalliSport Challenge. Now that was a good game!

stevemedes
03-20-07, 02:35 AM
holy crap, those screens look DX10ish almost. Amazing looking.

S.I.N
03-20-07, 10:36 AM
holy crap, those screens look DX10ish almost. Amazing looking.

Your kidding right? Hell that doesnt even look all that better than RalliSport Challenge released years ago.

|MaguS|
03-20-07, 10:40 AM
I don't think the dirt part looks as good as Motorstorm, but Motorstorm has more style is the reason I think it looks better. The dirt in this looks too um... flat...

Dreamingawake
03-20-07, 10:47 AM
Looks good actually. Look at all the little details ! Wow.

Badboy_12345
03-20-07, 10:54 AM
I don't think the dirt part looks as good as Motorstorm, but Motorstorm has more style is the reason I think it looks better. The dirt in this looks too um... flat...

its a screenshot not a video... come back after its released

|MaguS|
03-20-07, 11:31 AM
its a screenshot not a video... come back after its released

Problem is that Colin games usually look better in screenshots and videos then they do when you play them.

Imbroglio
03-20-07, 11:33 AM
Problem is that Colin games usually look better in screenshots and videos then they do when you play them.

i've always felt this way about racing games in general. Never played a racing game and felt that it played better looking than the screenshot of it.

tornadog
03-20-07, 12:41 PM
Crashday anyone?? Amazing screenshots and game comes out and sucks worse than budget bin titles.CMR has been going downhill sometime, they used to be kings of rally car games one time. Now they are just hoping to attract the console kiddies...:)

nekrosoft13
03-20-07, 01:33 PM
when is the pc version gonna be released?

june/july 07

nekrosoft13
03-20-07, 01:33 PM

because their are. there never been a true simulator on console.

|MaguS|
03-20-07, 01:58 PM

Train Simulator!

MustangSVT
03-20-07, 02:07 PM
When was ever Colin games king of rally? Like.. never. There's always been better rally games.

Rally Masters
Rally Trophy
RalliSport Challenge 1 & 2
Richard Burns Rally

I gotta admit, CMR 3 was pretty cool even though the physics were arcadey for the simple fact it featured a decent lineup of cars, Ford Focus WRC, Impreza, Xsara, even a Toyota MR2-style rally car. It had nice weather effects and a lot of variety, but it still didn't hold up to Rally Trophy or RalliSport Challenge.

nekrosoft13
03-20-07, 02:44 PM
rallisport is arcade too

only good rally game so far has been richard burns rally

Badboy_12345
03-21-07, 09:59 AM

wait for forza 2 ;)

http://forzamotorsport.net/news/pitpassreports/pitpass38.htm