PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Gameplay Video from Cebit

Pages : [1] 2 3

nekrosoft13
03-19-07, 08:06 AM
Here's a 4:46 minute video (243MB) from Cebit in Germany. It shows Cryteks Community Manager, Alex Marschall playing the CES demo level. In other news, PCGames.de reports that Crysis running at a resolution of 1920x1200 on a single 8800GTX accompanied by an Intel 6800 dual-core CPU. The frame rate is estimated to be at about 20 - 25 fps with stutters every now and again. The game still has a lot of optimizing left to go which is good news for all those interested.

http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=23399

Toss3
03-19-07, 08:53 AM
20-25fps? Holy crap... and it stutters like crazy during gunfights! Hopefully the r600 will handle the game a bit better! I guess it should run "ok" with a pair of 8800gts cards in sli at 1680x1050, though. :D

|MaguS|
03-19-07, 09:00 AM
20-25fps? Holy crap... and it stutters like crazy during gunfights! Hopefully the r600 will handle the game a bit better! I guess it should run "ok" with a pair of 8800gts cards in sli at 1680x1050, though. :D

Running "eh" but it looks like they have the settings up higher then the recommended on a single card... Aswell as the game is suppose to take advantage of quad cores so its still not in its "sweet" spot.

six_storm
03-19-07, 09:07 AM
Wow, that doesn't look too swell. By the time I get to upgrade/play Crysis, I'll be running a 8800GTS + AMD64 3200+ (or possibly a 4000+) which = pretty low-rate gameplay. Guess I'll have to wait for the NVIDIA 9 series and a Core3Duo machine. :( I mean, as long as it would run a constant 30-40FPS @ 1280x1024 with everything turned on, I'll be just fine but something tells me I'm gonna have to upgrade a little more.

|MaguS|
03-19-07, 09:16 AM
AMD64 would be the hurting aspect.... 8800GTS would probably run it good with a higher CPU backing it up.

jcrox
03-19-07, 09:27 AM
It will run way better than that by the time it comes out. They have optimizing to do and NV's drivers will hopefully see major improvements as well. I'd almost bet between the 2... a 10-15% performance increase at launch.

SH0DAN
03-19-07, 09:42 AM
I am sure I'll be fine at 1920x1200 0 AA + 8x AF with the game maxxed... where I will **** all over that system is in level load times :D

WeReWoLf
03-19-07, 09:42 AM
Good thing i can only run it at 1440x900 then lol

SH0DAN
03-19-07, 09:45 AM
Good thing i can only run it at 1440x900 then lol

You will have excellent performance at that res.

SlamDunk
03-19-07, 10:11 AM
That is the same old CES demo (pre-Alpha build) from a few months back, of one of the "action bubbles" in Crysis and is not to be considered as a reference of how the Gold build of Crysis, which is not coming any time soon, will run.

According to Edge UK magazine Crysis is in Alpha stage now (or very very near Alpha), which means it's "feature complete", for the most part. I think the serious focusing on performance tuning happens only when Crysis reaches Beta stage.

jAkUp
03-19-07, 11:25 AM
This is exactly why developers don't want to show off their game too early, everyone jumps to conclusions.

It's still very early. Not to mention NVIDIA's Vista drivers have much improving as well.

hirantha
03-19-07, 12:06 PM
"Jens was able to show some DX10 content, one demo based on the DX10 version of the Unreal 3 engine, really cool. But very impressive was a playable level of Crysis. Yes, it's downright gorgeous. I must say that a GeForce 8800 GTX 768 MB was able to push barely acceptable framerates at 1920x1200, and no AA was enabled!"

Barely? God!!!

and thats what Guru said, :O Omg can my system even run this game at a decent framerate? well looks like another upgrade will be in the future.

six_storm
03-19-07, 12:45 PM
AMD64 would be the hurting aspect.... 8800GTS would probably run it good with a higher CPU backing it up.

As of right now, the move from AMD64 -> Core2Duo (or even better future tech) is the last thing on my "upgrade list". I'm trying to pull off an engagement ring and upgrading my rig at the same time . . . so that's pretty difficult lol. But what about upgrading to an Opteron Dual Core @ 939skt? Again, I'm not going to run Crysis over 1280x1024 so maybe I'll luck out.

J-Mag
03-19-07, 12:53 PM
As of right now, the move from AMD64 -> Core2Duo (or even better future tech) is the last thing on my "upgrade list". I'm trying to pull off an engagement ring and upgrading my rig at the same time . . .

Maybe you shouldn't have wasted all your money at the apple store ;)

JigenD
03-19-07, 01:35 PM
Is it just me or is File Front not allowing anyone to download the file?

SlamDunk
03-19-07, 02:00 PM
The 243MB version is not very good quality, despite the file size. The link works fine for me but here's the YouTube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPNM9-TWs_o

six_storm
03-19-07, 02:30 PM
Maybe you shouldn't have wasted all your money at the apple store ;)

Haha. Maybe I shouldn't plan on getting married huh?

I've been looking around eBay and other forums for some good parts. Wish me luck.

J-Mag
03-19-07, 02:51 PM
Haha. Maybe I shouldn't plan on getting married huh?

HAHA! NO.

Sex > Crysis > Anything Apple Related

You just had the last two priorities screwed up that's all :D

I've been looking around eBay and other forums for some good parts. Wish me luck.

C2D's will be droppin price here relatively soon with the 6X20's and 6X50's.

six_storm
03-19-07, 03:22 PM
HAHA! NO.

Sex > Crysis > Anything Apple Related

You just had the last two priorities screwed up that's all :D

C2D's will be droppin price here relatively soon with the 6X20's and 6X50's.

Haha. I'm still happy with my Macs, I just wanna play Crysis at some good rates. It's coming out for the 360, but I really doubt it will touch the quality of a good PC build.

I almost got a AMD 4000+ for $40! Too bad I didn't catch it in time. However, the guy is selling me an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe (Premium for that model maybe) for $100, new. Not too bad. All I need now is a 8-series card and a new PSU.

On topic, Crysis looks unbeliveable. I think just using something like the Sandbox will be half the fun of the game. Anyone else agree?

|MaguS|
03-19-07, 03:23 PM
Haha. I'm still happy with my Macs, I just wanna play Crysis at some good rates. It's coming out for the 360, but I really doubt it will touch the quality of a good PC build.
They have stated multiple times that Cysis is not coming to the consoles. Im sure they are working on a game for the consoles but it wont be Crysis. Probably some offshoot game...

http://kotaku.com/gaming/crysis/crysis-not-coming-to-xbox-360-229495.php

nekrosoft13
03-19-07, 03:41 PM
yes, crisis is not comming to console

it will be some poor rip of game like farcry instincs or something like that

six_storm
03-19-07, 03:52 PM
yes, crisis is not comming to console

it will be some poor rip of game like farcry instincs or something like that

Oh ok, nm. Guess I thought I saw it somewhere like GameTrailers.com . . . oh well. Guess that just leaves one option doesn't it? :D

J-Mag
03-19-07, 03:52 PM

Crysis is not coming our for the 360 AFIK, is it? I am sure a crysis-like game will, but it won't be the same.

Edit: N/M didn't read the above couple posts.

On topic, Crysis looks unbeliveable. I think just using something like the Sandbox will be half the fun of the game. Anyone else agree?

Yeah I am more excited about the technology in the engine than the game itself.
Hopefully Crytek schmoozed well at the GDC so that many devs pick up the engine for their own use.

nekrosoft13
03-19-07, 03:56 PM

I almost got a AMD 4000+ for $40! Too bad I didn't catch it in time. However, the guy is selling me an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe (Premium for that model maybe) for $100, new. Not too bad. All I need now is a 8-series card and a new PSU.

that 4000 won't cut the mustard in crisis ;)

you need at least a decent X2, but C2D or Quad is the way to go.

DiscipleDOC
03-19-07, 03:59 PM
It won't hurt if I have sli-gts and my cpu. I'm planning on getting a 6000 here shortly, so I don't think that every AMD64 users would be hurt.