PDA

View Full Version : Damn, i'm getting on the hype about the PS3.

PeterJensen
03-19-07, 12:31 PM
Ok this is weird :p

Since the x360 i have been a little againt Sony. But this i getting strange. I have the damn PS3 on Preorder from 3 web shops (so i have 3 chances to have it in the mail Friday morning) AND me and a m8 is camping @ 06.00 in front of the danish shop Elgiganten (They open @ 10.00).
This is the first time EVER i have camped in front of a store....Dont know what the **** is going on :(

And i was like "haha i'm NEVER getting the damn PS3, it sucks major donkey balls" Now i just want to play Motorstorm :(

six_storm
03-19-07, 12:50 PM
Thought I would never go back to PC gaming but I've just had a hankering to build a new PC . . . plus Crysis made me cream my jeans. :D

Lyme
03-19-07, 01:25 PM
Uhh, good for you?

Buenamos
03-19-07, 01:58 PM
Yeah, motorstorm is a lot of fun. I just beat the game yesterday, the gameplay is good fun!

Badboy_12345
03-19-07, 02:00 PM
well I think the ps3 is the worst console ever.... too expensive, crappy games etc etc
But I still have it on preorder and getting it on release :thumbdwn:
Gah me and need to have the latest stuff... cant fight it :p

Well well I can run linux on it :lol:

PeterJensen
03-19-07, 02:12 PM
Uhh, good for you?

yay dude lay of the negative vibe...

PeterJensen
03-19-07, 02:13 PM
well I think the ps3 is the worst console ever.... too expensive, crappy games etc etc
But I still have it on preorder and getting it on release :thumbdwn:
Gah me and need to have the latest stuff... cant fight it :p

Well well I can run linux on it :lol:

Yea me to, got to have the latest stuff :)

SebC
03-19-07, 02:17 PM
Good for you :D
I'm also going to preorder soon. And because it's a Playstation, you're really guaranteed that it will have games that make it worthwhile - the selection on the PS1 and PS2 were amazing, and although the launch lineup right now isn't very impressive, you can be sure there will be much better things coming your way.

ViN86
03-19-07, 02:29 PM
Ok this is weird :p

Since the x360 i have been a little againt Sony. But this i getting strange. I have the damn PS3 on Preorder from 3 web shops (so i have 3 chances to have it in the mail Friday morning) AND me and a m8 is camping @ 06.00 in front of the danish shop Elgiganten (They open @ 10.00).
This is the first time EVER i have camped in front of a store....Dont know what the **** is going on :(

And i was like "haha i'm NEVER getting the damn PS3, it sucks major donkey balls" Now i just want to play Motorstorm :(
no one ever said the PS3 was going to be a complete loss and a very poor investment in the long term.

we are just saying that right now, buying a PS3 isnt really a good idea :o

Peoples-Agent
03-19-07, 02:58 PM
Well, looking at the run of things... I would buy any system that had Mass Effect, Bioshock, Halo 3, The Darkness, Alan Wake, Kane & Lynch : Dead Men, Assasins Creed, UT3, GTA4, Res Evil 5, Fable 2, Clive Barker's Jericho, Next gen Turok .... to look forward too.

How many of those are PS3 bound, I don't know ....but certain all of them are heading for the 360 and that's all that matters to me.

Badboy_12345
03-19-07, 04:36 PM
Good for you :D
I'm also going to preorder soon. And because it's a Playstation, you're really guaranteed that it will have games that make it worthwhile - the selection on the PS1 and PS2 were amazing, and although the launch lineup right now isn't very impressive, you can be sure there will be much better things coming your way.

Well I got Motorstorm with my preorder only gamer that looks any fun :p
Waiting for Heavenly Sword, DMC4, FF13, Killzone 2, Lair, Tekken 6, Untold Legends ( I know it got crappy reviews but hey I like the game :p ) and Eight Days...

Didnt mention multiplatform titles beacuse I think most if not all will be better on the x360 beacuse of the achievements and greater online capabilities

Lyme
03-19-07, 05:21 PM
yay dude lay of the negative vibe...

That wasn't negative, it was wishy washy. Giving the same uncertan goodness of your first post.

You have to either want to have a PS3 and be happy about it or not want one and be happy about that. Being unhappy about wanting and pre-ordering one is simply.. Meh.

ViN86
03-19-07, 07:37 PM
That wasn't negative, it was wishy washy. Giving the same uncertan goodness of your first post.

You have to either want to have a PS3 and be happy about it or not want one and be happy about that. Being unhappy about wanting and pre-ordering one is simply.. Meh.
yes, damn you for voicing your opinion and feelings.... :bleh:

NaitoSan
03-19-07, 08:40 PM
Haha yeah, before I got PS3... I was like, PS3 isn't good enough to get it because of lacking games, blah blah.

Until I saw a clip of Heavenly Sword in Heroes... I'm sold. :D

Also Motorstorm looks so awesome that I really want to play it now... I dunno why. But I'm happy I got PS3. :) I'm really enjoying Blu-ray movies and finally I can get rid of PS2.

I can't wait for Heavenly Sword, it looks frickin' sweet.

TiKiMaN1
03-19-07, 09:26 PM
Thought I would never go back to PC gaming but I've just had a hankering to build a new PC . . . plus Crysis made me cream my jeans. :D

So what specs are you thinking for this rig?

stevemedes
03-19-07, 09:31 PM
Listen to all you PS3/Sony haters. You all need to go and buy a PS3, and make it a 20gb, because Sony loses close to $300 for every one they sell! So if you really hate Sony, whip out your mastercards bitches!

crainger
03-19-07, 10:01 PM
I might grab a PS3. They have marketed it well in these parts and I'm getting a tad hyped. Even if the local EB has theirs paired with a SD TV. Problem is the backwards compatibility. As I don't have a PS2, I'd like to grab some of the recent PS2 games as well like GoW 1 & 2 and that painting wolf game, Okami or something (Can you tell I'm not much of a Console gamer?). I know PAL PS3s have software emulation, but is there any word on which games will be supported on release? So far I've heard only Aragon is working :(

crainger
03-19-07, 10:10 PM
I can assure you Aragon won't be the only one.

And since GoW 1 & 2 are both made by Sony studios, they'll probably have working BC.

Sweet. I might pop down to EB later and see if I can get a pre order on their second batch (I'm confident I missed the first and if I brough home a PS3 on this weekend my gf would kill me :))

Lyme
03-19-07, 10:42 PM
If Blue-Ray finally wins, I'll need a dvd player. But I can wait till then.

NaitoSan
03-19-07, 11:37 PM
I think HD DVD and Blu-ray are going to stay for long time, at least until 2008. Currently, Blu-ray is doing well by selling more movies than HD DVD movies do. I believe right now there's HD DVD 51GB disc that is going to be introduced...