PDA

View Full Version : Armored Core 4?

OWA
03-19-07, 03:33 PM
Is anyone familiar with this game (series)? I've been wanting another MechWarrior type game for a while and just saw that this game is being released this week. Watching the trailer, I wasn't sure what to think about it though. The mechs move pretty fast and mostly seemed to fly around in the trailer.

Peoples-Agent
03-19-07, 04:00 PM
Can see this getting boring and quickly.

Looks like a good game to chuck a few coins in at the Arcade, but not sure i'd want to play it for too long in my living room.

|MaguS|
03-19-07, 04:06 PM
I liked the series, always picked them up on the PS consoles... this one looks like a minor improvement but should be fun. I wonder if the world is deformable like in the trailers...

OWA
03-19-07, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the replies. That sounds pretty good so I'll try to pick it up this week.

Edit: Oh, I meant to provide the link in the first post. The trailer is available below.

http://www.sega.com/gamesite/armoredcore4/

tornadog
03-19-07, 05:03 PM
I picked this game from Blockbuster and returned it next day. It just wasnt my cup of tea. I liked the Mechassault games on Xbox much more than this one.

|MaguS|
03-19-07, 05:07 PM
I picked this game from Blockbuster and returned it next day. It just wasnt my cup of tea. I liked the Mechassault games on Xbox much more than this one.

Um... How? It hasn't released yet... AFAIK Blockbuster doesn't rent games any earlier then other retail locations. Hell from my experiance they are usually behind game releases...

tornadog
03-19-07, 05:13 PM
ok you got me there...I got the game froma guy selling on Ebay

Apparently he has access to the production line or something where he "steals" the disks from...

|MaguS|
03-19-07, 05:14 PM
:rolleyes:

Lyme
03-19-07, 05:40 PM
The screen shots look decent, however on the country setting stages there is a lack of tree's. Can't watch the trailer from work.

I liked the mechwarrior games and I'd buy the xbox1 version if the 360 would run it :(

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

nekrosoft13
03-19-07, 05:45 PM
Can see this getting boring and quickly.

Looks like a good game to chuck a few coins in at the Arcade, but not sure i'd want to play it for too long in my living room.

true, seen few trailers online. looks very boring indeed

Camp0rz
03-19-07, 06:01 PM
I had either the first or second for ps1 way back when. It wasn't anything special... I remember there being a fairly high level of customization for a console mech game. That was pretty much the only good thing about it.

Amuro
03-19-07, 09:58 PM
My friend has the Japanese version for PS3 so I tried it on his machine and liked it a lot. So don't listen to the AC haters.

Camp0rz
03-19-07, 11:56 PM
Halo 3 is gonna turn your brain into ****.

OWA
03-20-07, 04:12 PM
I'm planning to get the PS3 version. Unless something changes, my current plan is to only buy games for the X360 that are X360 exclusives.

OWA
03-21-07, 03:28 PM
Picked it up today although I had to go to the store twice before getting it. The first time they showed stock being there but it wasn't out yet and no one would go looking for it.

Also picked up Virtua Tennis 3 and Oblivion for the PS3. Between the PC/PS3 I'm on game overload at the moment.

OWA
03-21-07, 05:20 PM
Just got through the tutorial. It's probably going to take me a little while to get use to controlling it. I'm use to using a joystick for mech type games. Anyway, the graphics up close seem pretty good. I'd prefer the level of detail in the distance to be a little higher. I think they blur out things in the distance a little too early. I like the sound and feel of the mech walking/running. It looks/sounds like it's big/heavy like I'd expect.

Lyme
03-21-07, 05:37 PM
Apparently the 360 version supports voice chat while the PS3 version doesn't (Why the **** wouldn't they have voice chat on the PS3 version? That pisses me off)

The early 360 dev kits have a few more canned routines than the early PS3 ones do. Voice chat, friends lists, etc..