View Full Version : (good deal??) vista ultimate

nekrosoft13
03-19-07, 03:44 PM
http://shop1.outpost.com/product/5119986

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate
(Full) - System Builder (OEM) version - DVD

Microsoft:
FRYS.com #: 5119986
Windows Vista Ultimate is the most comprehensive edition of Windows Vista.

It is the first operating system that combines all of the advanced infrastructure features of a business-focused operating system, all of the management and efficiency features of a mobility-focused operating system, and all of the digital entertainment features of a consumer-focused operating system.

For the person who wants one operating system that is great for working from home, working on the road, and for entertainment, Windows Vista Ultimate is the operating system that lets you have it all.

Schugy
03-19-07, 04:18 PM
Shorter support period.
Just compare extra bucks with the extra features you really need.
Maybe there isn't any!

DiscipleDOC
03-19-07, 04:53 PM
Is this the 32-bit or the 64-bit?

Addy
03-19-07, 06:58 PM
Itís $4 cheapr than Newegg so not a good deal, nothing special anyway. The OEM version is married to the hardware you 1st register it to.

Sazar
03-19-07, 08:08 PM
Do you have an MSDN subscription?

Or can you get one through work?

If so, it's practically free :D

methimpikehoses
03-19-07, 10:21 PM
Itís $4 cheapr than Newegg so not a good deal, nothing special anyway. The OEM version is married to the hardware you 1st register it to.

Have you tried it? I changed my OEM Vista to a completely new computer, all it requires is a call to MS. I told him I reformatted my HDD, which I did. He then asked me if I had it on more than one PC, and I said no. Then he gave me a new activation code.

I have since gotten Vista 64 for my rig so everything is completely paid for and legit in case you are wondering.

sirplayalot
03-20-07, 08:43 PM
Do you have an MSDN subscription?

Or can you get one through work?

If so, it's practically free :D

What do you mean by that? I have an MSDN account!

Sazar
03-22-07, 08:42 AM
What do you mean by that? I have an MSDN account!

Some companies have a partnership with Microsoft through an MSDN account where you can dl apps and such.

i.e. I got ultimate and office 2007 ultimate for free.

Others, you might just have to pay a nominal fee.