PDA

View Full Version : Need help of you Gurus

hirantha
03-20-07, 12:16 AM
I did a BIOS update to 0910 from 0804 and now the comp starts but no picture on the screen, i even cleared the jumpers.. what could be the problem? hope the card is not dead :(

stevemedes
03-20-07, 12:18 AM
thats gay, try the other PCIe slot

do u have another video card to test?

hirantha
03-20-07, 12:25 AM
yeah its totally gay, why would a BIOS update cripple a healthy machine :(

i don't have a another card but guess i have to try the other slot.

stevemedes
03-20-07, 12:28 AM
IDK man, I've been thinking this through and it probably isnt a video card problem... You didnt flash the BIOS thru windows did you? It said at the end of the BIOS flash somethin like "flash complete" right?

LORD-eX-Bu
03-20-07, 01:16 AM
did you set the bios settings to default before you flashed the new one?

Have you tried flashing a new bios again with a floppy or by burning a CD with the bios image on it?

$n][pErMan
03-20-07, 01:59 AM
Hmmm .. have you tried reverting back to the old BIOS? It ussually makes you make a backup before you flash....

stevemedes
03-20-07, 02:03 AM
Am I missing something? Hows he gonna reflash the BIOS with no video? I hope he remembers the keystroke sequence lol.

$n][pErMan
03-20-07, 02:08 AM
Am I missing something? Hows he gonna reflash the BIOS with no video? I hope he remembers the keystroke sequence lol.
Oh sh!t ... good point .. lol. It's 2am .. cut me some slack.. :p I think ASUS will send you a BIOS chip free of charge if you mess something up. I could have sworn I read that somewhere. But then again... you would be without a PC for a week if thats the case. Sometimes taking the battery out of the motherboard does the trick. Saved me a few times back in the PII days anyway.

stevemedes
03-20-07, 02:14 AM
[pErMan']Oh sh!t ... good point .. lol. It's 2am .. cut me some slack.. :p I think ASUS will send you a BIOS chip free of charge if you mess something up. I could have sworn I read that somewhere. But then again... you would be without a PC for a week if thats the case. Sometimes taking the battery out of the motherboard does the trick. Saved me a few times back in the PII days anyway.

:)

Yeah asus will definetely send you a new one if you ask. I f'ed up a BIOS flash a few years back and I hit up Chaintech for a new bios chip. They were pretty nice about it so im sure Asus will too. Only thing is I had to buy a chip extractor tool to get the bios chip out.

stevemedes
03-20-07, 02:17 AM
um nevermind the BIOS chip on the P5B Deluxe is soldered on its not removeable. So yeah, ixnay on that idea.

SlieTheSecond
03-20-07, 02:22 AM
Does it not come with a crash free bios?

I got the P5B vanilla and mine does. It screwed up a bios update. But when I booted my mobo detected it and just asked for another bios image.

hirantha
03-20-07, 06:58 AM
Ok I tried maybe 12 times trying to get it to work and didnít cooperate, so i said screw it and left the machine overnight with no electricity. And I turn it on this morning and it just came back on, hard to say what the problem was.

Anyway thanks guys! Always there to rescue! :D

LORD-eX-Bu
03-20-07, 11:16 AM
hehe, just for refference you can flash a new bios from a disk in the future, it should be an automated process:D

hirantha
03-20-07, 12:37 PM
-LORD-eX-Bu']hehe, just for refference you can flash a new bios from a disk in the future, it should be an automated process:D
Yeah i flashed it in BIOS using a USB Flash disk, thats how i always do, i dont do it in windows, but i still dont know why it did that, going dead on me. he will get a good spanking for that bad behavior :p

XDanger
03-24-07, 09:21 AM
Turn on pc with NO CPU will reset to factory state. Or is this pure bull? Ive never tried it.