PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: Devil May Cry 4 goes to 360!

Pages : [1] 2

Ruined
03-20-07, 12:49 AM
DMC 4 has gone multiplatform
PS3, 360 and PC
SIMULTANEOUS RELEASE

カプコン, ' devil May cry 4 ' "place t Shaun 3", Xbox 360? With the multi-platform of PC sale decision! As for corporation カプコン, "place t Shaun 3" (PS3? ) In Xbox for 360 and PC, ' devil May cry 4 ' being to decide development, we inform. ' As for the devil メイクライ ' series, individual world view and charm the character which overflows is the stylish action game of popularity. The 1st work eye after the selling, being domestic in 2001, sum total shipment 680 ten thousand (as of 2006 December 31st) it is one of the title which represents this corporation which you are proud, in addition to the game at WOWOW we plan televising the TV animation 2007 spring. Up-to-date work ' devil May cry 4 ' with, from before the selling we gain the popularity where the user is high e.g., the original action due to the most beautiful image expression and the new protagonist in the series history which utilizes the quality of each hard is observed, in Tokyo game Shaw 2006 as test playing the line of the long snake can designate. In for PS3 and Xbox 360 we sell the same software, simultaneously. This corporation supplied success largely for the next generation machine by tackling software development promptly. In addition, including the respective company development of integrated enviroment for software development, correspondence to leading hardware technology we have gone positively, high function, we assure the improvement of efficiency of the development in the next generation game machine which is made multi-functional. This corporation, as in the future the improvement of of degree of customer satisfaction of the user is assured, starts assuring the largest conversion of the profit by promoting the multi-platform strategy.

http://ir.capcom.co.jp/news/html/070320.html

Buenamos
03-20-07, 01:17 AM
Yeah, I read this earlier today. Sony, you better get your act together. Things seriously aren't looking nearly as good as they used to. :rolleyes:

Nv40
03-20-07, 02:40 AM
This is really bad news for Sony. But more for the pro gaming community that have both consoles or where planning to get both sooner or later. simultaneous release means they have been working on the xbox360 and PC and PS3 version for a very long time.

Mutiplatforms games are bad for gamers, Because shortcuts and tradeoff will be done in the gameplay and graphics to speed their game development .You can be sure about that .most of the time developers just copy/paste and re-use most of their graphics and data and never use each console potentials .thats why not surprisingly so many multiplatform games looks so similar between consoles with minor diferences here or there. So the game graphics will not be any better than the the lowest hardware of each console.

That means that the target hardware for the game will be the weakest parts of each console.To make easier the port of the game. Because is not possible to make a straight port of any game if it use all the capabilities and technology of each system.

That could be to develop the game as IF the console doesnt have a hardisk , just an 8x dvd player (Bluray running in DVD mode) with only 256megs of ram ,without taking advantage either of the unified graphics chip in the xbox360 , using only the main cpu core of each system. in extreme cases it could end being a game that waste 60-70% of each console power ..just to make their game engine more compatible between each system, so the extra hardware in each console could end not used .

The only advantage console had over PC's (aside for lower price) is that Developers dont need to target diferent hardware from low end to high end ,they just *focus* on a *single* closed system box . so they can be more efficient pushing the graphics to the console max capabilities.. With multiplatform that advantage is lost. So we are again with the limitations of PC's. Where many of the extra hardware capabilities in Highend PC's is not used because of being a minority.

You can be sure ,that God of WAR will never look as good as it looks today if it was a multiplatform game all the way to gamecube support. Like someone told ,Jack of all trades master of none..

H3avyM3tal
03-20-07, 06:55 AM
Now this is wierd.

You gotta wonder on what exactly Sony is counting here... If they continue loosing exclusives and not come up with enough new ones (though we have a couple coming out), than there wont really be a point to buy a PS3.

Though I do have confidence that exclusives like Heavenly Sword would be worth the while, I just keep wondering -

Sony is losing a known hit like DMC for instance - and the market is FULL with these kinds of hits, a continued series, and instead they choose to trust new franchises... I gotta wonder, and I also hope that in the long run, it will pay off.

Mr. Hunt
03-20-07, 08:13 AM
Not too big of a hit really... DMC never was a GIANT seller or anything... I love the games no doubt, but it isn't a big blow. And we still have GoW3... and that definitely won't be going to any other system ;).

six_storm
03-20-07, 08:39 AM
Not too big of a hit really... DMC never was a GIANT seller or anything... I love the games no doubt, but it isn't a big blow. And we still have GoW3... and that definitely won't be going to any other system ;).

That's true, if a game like MGS went to the 360 (or a game that really sold copies), you could say that Sony has a problem on their hands. GoW3 huh? Wonder if that will even hit the PS3 . . . seems like a PS4 launch title to me lol.

Marvel_us
03-20-07, 08:43 AM

That might be one of the reasons that made Capcom go multiplatform. GoW has surpassed the DMC series by far and not to mention they have to compete with Heavenly Sword and Ninja Gaiden Sigma, it somewhat makes sense for this move.

Of course it'll be the end of the world for Sony in a fanboy's mind and those who didn't even like DMC before will think it's the best game ever now. In actuality PS3 still has a good amount of action games like DMC that are exclusive and DMC is still on PS3.

Amuro
03-20-07, 09:07 AM
DMC3 flopped in Japan. Sold less than 260K copies in the first month of release. Not sure if the series is still a hit.

|MaguS|
03-20-07, 09:07 AM
Good for X360, the DMC series is a good series, not great but not bad. This is going to be a common trend in the future. 3rd Parties are going to give up exclusive titles for more revenue due to the high cost of game development on all fronts. The only Exclusives now are 1st party and ones that are funded by the 1st party.

I own all the DMC games but honestly... I only completed the first one... second one was just so bad that I couldn't get into it. Heard the 3rd one redeemed the series but did the series actually evolve any?

Marvel_us
03-20-07, 09:20 AM
Good for X360, the DMC series is a good series, not great but not bad. This is going to be a common trend in the future. 3rd Parties are going to give up exclusive titles for more revenue due to the high cost of game development on all fronts. The only Exclusives now are 1st party and ones that are funded by the 1st party.

I own all the DMC games but honestly... I only completed the first one... second one was just so bad that I couldn't get into it. Heard the 3rd one redeemed the series but did the series actually evolve any?

Well the 3rd one had the different fighting styles to choose from. That was a nice touch for re-playability and overall it was a good game.....a very hard game....but good none the less.:)

Burner_Tbird2
03-20-07, 09:32 AM
DMC3 was IMO the best out of the three. Deep gameplay thru multiple fighting styles, good level design and a survival mode that I still to this day p/u just to have fun. Granted it didn't sell very well, it was in the greatest hits lineup after about 6-8 months.

DMC4 on 360+PC to me means a poorer quality game that takes longer for Capcom to finish and release. I could care less if Sony looses another exclusive (and apparently so could they), its the soiling of a game with great potential that has me pissed off. :thumbdwn:

|MaguS|
03-20-07, 09:42 AM
DMC3 was released as a greatest hit so soon because they relaunched it as a "special edition", just like what Sega did with Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution... it was a GH right away.

thor1182
03-20-07, 09:56 AM
as far as what system gets the better version if any does get one, it largely depends on what is there core dev platform that all the others are based off of. For all we know, the PC maybe a crappy port like Halo, while all the hard work was put on the console version.

Burner_Tbird2
03-20-07, 10:13 AM
DMC3 was released as a greatest hit so soon because they relaunched it as a "special edition", just like what Sega did with Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution... it was a GH right away.

I know it was a special edition. My point is if it was selling well they wouldn't have had to drop the price, add new features, and move it to the GH bin.

|MaguS|
03-20-07, 10:21 AM
The PS3 I would guess is their primary system since it was fully playable at TGS and looked/ran nice. I would be suprised if the X360 was the primary system considering how well its turning out on the PS3.

Imbroglio
03-20-07, 11:44 AM
this is a trend, i know the 360 will be seeing the likes of snake and the next FF series, recently found this (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=160232&skip=yes)

maybe the likes of FF on the 360 aren't that far off... maybe blue dragon and lost odessey are a precursor for what's to come. personally i think studios are worried about the consumer base, and with the 360 having a year headstart, giving it a much higher advantage.

Namrok
03-20-07, 12:07 PM
I loved the original DMC, DMC2 sucked so hard that I gave up on the series. I heard 3 was incredible, but 2 left such a bad taste in my mouth that I didn't care.

DMC's name was ruined by DMC2.

To be honest, the first Devil May Cry killed the series for me. The stupid ass camera angles rendered the game completely unplayable for me. Especially on boss battles. Trying to dodge fireballs with split second timing only to have the camera shift and then suddenly up is down and I charge right into the ****ing thing! Half the game seemed to be framing the battle so you could actually see what you were doing, and praying you didn't cross over one of the invisible lines that would force the camera to shoot over to the bottom corner of the room where all you can see is a table and the back of Dante's head, followed by lots of things coming from a place you can't see flying through his chest.

And don't get me started on all the times a piece of the environment would go invisible so I could "See" what I'm doing, except what I want to do is dodge something, but instead I run right into the pillar I couldn't ****ing see in the first place because it was invisible!

nekrosoft13
03-20-07, 12:17 PM
devil may cry so far been quite horrible games

they would have to do allot of changes to make it interesting. totally new control scheme would be required

kevJ420
03-20-07, 12:27 PM
I actually knew it was going to be on the PC sooner or later, but I'm surprised about it being on the xbox360.

However, the 1st Devil May Cry being one of my 5 most favorite games ever, I'm praying to God (and Capcom and Ubi Soft) to make the pc version look way better than the console versions.

This time we have some hope that the PC version will look better, b/c it will be new and fresh to all gamers since it'll be released at the same time as the console versions.

I hope this is the beginning of the trend of PC getting all of the Japanese games, more specifically, I hope all future Castlevanias will get special treatment for the pc.

That's always been the PC's biggest weakness, ie., not having games from the country that makes them best. I hope this will no longer be a weakness.

nekrosoft13
03-20-07, 12:31 PM
I thought the controls were fantastic, especially for a Capcom game (Compare DMC controls to Resident Evil).

The problem, as mentioned above, were the camera angles.

yes, RE series have even worse controls, but devil may cry is not that much better.

Devil May Cry 3 port to PC was quite bad, just like RE4 is horrible (still chance of a patch, but slim). who ever will be in charge of the PC version, needs to step up their game.

H3avyM3tal
03-20-07, 04:46 PM
Common, I totally loved the first DMC. Great graphics and awesome art style, plus out of the world (then) battles. Ofcourse, it was the only game in the serious I played, so you ppl have a point about it not being a big hit to Sony.
Anyways, good for everyone else who loves the series.

Also, the only time I had trouble with the camera was when you faught the "evil" dante at first (in the first game). The first DMC was one of the best action games ever imho.

evilchris
03-20-07, 05:23 PM
here he goes with "we" again, lol

Hunt thinks he's on a "team".

Zelda_fan
03-20-07, 05:29 PM
Hunt thinks he's on a "team".

yeah, team fagot

evilchris
03-20-07, 05:36 PM
Hunt thinks Sony actually cares about flatley fans

kevJ420
03-20-07, 05:38 PM
yeah, team fagot

"Faggot" was misspelled, or was that a NY accent? I can't tell.