PDA

View Full Version : Heavenly Sword Trailer: 1080p

Marvel_us
03-20-07, 10:21 AM
Check out the full trailer from the Heroes clip in 1080p.

http://www.playsyde.com/leech_3643_1_en.html

OWA
03-20-07, 12:23 PM
I downloaded this to the PC but WMP isn't able to play MPEG-4, I guess. If I copy the file to the PS3, will it play there or is there something special that needs to be done for that to work?

OWA
03-20-07, 01:01 PM
Actually, it ended up being easier than I was trying to make it. I burned a DVD with a folder called VIDEOS and one called VIDEO. Copied the MP4 file to both folders thinking maybe the PS3 needed a special folder to be able to find it. Anyway, it recognized the DVD as a data disc and I just copied it to the PS3. I ended up with the video from both folders (two copies) so you definitely don't need to have it in a special folder when transferring it like that (for video anyway).

Lyme
03-20-07, 06:41 PM
I downloaded this to the PC but WMP isn't able to play MPEG-4, I guess. If I copy the file to the PS3, will it play there or is there something special that needs to be done for that to work?

What version of windows media player? I would have thought that making a trailer work on as many systems as possible would help its marketing. I guess somebody didn't get the memo.

Buenamos
03-20-07, 06:55 PM
ran fine here. It's the same trailer that was shown off a while ago, nothing exciting yet.

OWA
03-20-07, 09:56 PM
I was trying to use WMP 11 under XP. I don't have any extra codec packs or anything installed though. Could that be the reason?

Lyme
03-20-07, 10:09 PM
Install quicktime, should play fine.

OWA
03-20-07, 11:04 PM
What about quicktime alternative? I didn't see MPEG-4 listed as supported on the site I was going to download it (it being quicktime alternative) from. I've never forgiven apple for taking over all of my media extensions without asking, years ago when I tried it out. I'd prefer not to install quicktime, if I can avoid it.

LurkerLito
03-20-07, 11:28 PM
OWA have you tried this:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm

OWA
03-20-07, 11:42 PM
I saw that listed when looking at QTA (that was the site where I found quicktime alternative) but no I've haven't tried it. I'm a little leery about some of the stuff b/c I've seen people here talk about having computer issues that were tough to track down that were finally traced back to some codecs/codec-packs they installed. Searching for some info on ffdshow, it does appear to be highly recommended though so maybe I'll go that route. Thanks for the info.

Lyme
03-21-07, 12:38 PM
Quicktime is less intrusive than say.. realplayer.

OWA
03-21-07, 01:15 PM
I don't install real player either although I have on occasion installed real player alternative when I needed it for whatever reason.

SH0DAN
03-21-07, 02:21 PM
Just watched it on VLC and it looked good.

superbooga
03-21-07, 06:12 PM
VLC uses its own built-in decoders, and doesn't require a separate codec pack.

FFDShow is HIGHLY recommended. The processing effects and tweaks are awesome. Take a look here (http://www.htpcnews.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17427)

Don't install Kazaa Codec Pack or any of that crap.

SebC
03-21-07, 08:07 PM
Just watched it. Pretty cool stuff; although motion capture guys seem to look more and more ridiculous as technology moves forward :P

SebC
03-21-07, 08:07 PM
Just watched it. Pretty cool stuff; although motion capture guys seem to look more and more ridiculous as technology moves forward :P