PDA

View Full Version : Sony exceeds expectations on Euro PS3 BC!

Pages : [1] 2 3

|MaguS|
03-20-07, 09:35 AM
http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=346

the early launch of its compatibility site reveals that 1,782 of the 2,451 PS2 titles (in the SCEE region) available will work on your PS3.

Yeah, what now you Sony haters? Sony slapped you one there... not only did they hit their promised mark of 1,200 titles they blew it away with an almost 75% backwards compatibility. So don't worry all you Euro you don't get too bad of screw job, please tell us if they secrectly included upscaling. ;)

The latest system software upgrade (Version 1.60) will deliver features such as Folding@home connectivity, background downloading of content from the PLAYSTATION®Store, support for Bluetooth® keyboards and mice, and an optional full QWERTY on-screen keyboard for text entry.

yay!

S.I.N
03-20-07, 09:39 AM
75% backwards compatibility on the PS3 is still like 100% more than whats on 360. And some are saying this software emulation may be better than hardware.

Badboy_12345
03-20-07, 09:49 AM
if you look at the page you will see that MANY of those games have 1 or 2 "plops"

2 plops = Should play on PLAYSTATION®3 with some minor issues
1 plop = Should play on PLAYSTATION®3 with noticeable issues

yeah I can also make a game run... but not play any good :lol:
Its another decieving number from sony like always

I wonder how many of those have 3 plops :thumbdwn:

|MaguS|
03-20-07, 09:51 AM
Its no better then X360 having a few hundred titles compatible most with major slowdown and issues aswell... whats your point? Sony atleast is trying to bring as many titles to the system, MS just gave up. Oh and also remember that Sony is always updating.

EDIT: By looking at the list, most titles have 3 boxes, meaning perfect compatability. Hell why is there 5 versions of some games? That alone must make it difficult.

MUYA
03-20-07, 09:57 AM
Keyboard and mice....thats better. I tried Resistance on my friends PS3...just couldn't get the hang with the game pad...and Gears of war on the xbox360!

Marvel_us
03-20-07, 09:58 AM
Keyboard and mice....thats better. I tried Resistance on my friends PS3...just couldn't get the hang with the game pad...and Gears of war on the xbox360!

I think you misinterpreted it. I think it means bluetooth kb/mouse instead of usb for everything but games.....unless the game supports it, which Resistance does not.

|MaguS|
03-20-07, 09:59 AM
Keyboard and Mice in games are only supported if the developer implements it, USB keyboards and mice always worked outside of a game but now they included Blue Tooth supported ones.

Would be nice to see Insominac update Resistance with K&M support though. :)

Namrok
03-20-07, 10:00 AM
Games with noticable issues:
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Okami
Call of Duty 2
Jak 2 and Jak 3

Games with minor issues:
Final Fantasy XII

Rogue Galaxy wasn't even listen, but then again I don't think its out in Europe I guess. Actually a LOT of games weren't even on the list, but I'm not sure if its because they were never released in Europe, or because they won't play at all. Oddly enough Final Fantasy VII was absent from the PSOne list.

MUYA
03-20-07, 10:02 AM
I think you misinterpreted it. I think it means bluetooth kb/mouse instead of usb for everything but games.....unless the game supports it, which Resistance does not.
Ah poopy!!! I can't get used to the gamepad for FPS games

kevJ420
03-20-07, 10:07 AM
Like I said, just because one system is a failure in 1 territory, doesn't mean it won't be an absolute smashing succes in another.

Read a previous post of mine for the detail.

saturnotaku
03-20-07, 10:16 AM
Read a previous post of mine

No thanks.

|MaguS|
03-20-07, 10:27 AM
No thanks.

:udawg:

Imbroglio
03-20-07, 10:31 AM
that is quite the impressive list :)

although you'd think they'd be concerned about hardly any of the FF series working perfectly, i mean you can't exactly play many of those titles anywhere else

SebC
03-20-07, 11:04 AM
God of War works without any issues :D

BTW does anyone know PS3 will upscale and add antialias to PS2 games?

thor1182
03-20-07, 11:13 AM
they might be able to do it in software (scaling). adding AA shouldn't be too complicated, but you never know.

They should be able to do half hardware scaling in hardware, if they write the emulator to do it. It seems to kick them in the butt more and more that they don't have a working full scaler in there out the door.

SebC
03-20-07, 11:18 AM
They've hinted that it could be implemented in future updates, but nothing is confirmed.
Damn, well the titles should atleast run without lag right?

kevJ420
03-20-07, 12:44 PM
I know this (and me) is dumb to everyone else, but I think once a console is made, it should be made forever (in limited quantities, like 3% of the consoles made,) because they'll all eventually break and with life expectancy going up, those older years would be mighty bitter.

This would even lead some people to commit suicide, like myself. I mean, how can you enjoy life without the chance to play every game ever made (as long as you can pay for it) and play it 100% intact?

Just like I wish the hell 3dfx Voodoo5s were may today in PCI-E (other small modifications too), nvidia has the rights to it don't they? Hopefully, I won't need to hope that much longer (I'm not saying I expect voodoo 5's to be made again, I'm saying I hope future nvidia hw can do everything a voodoo5 can do (except maybe run games in glide, but then there's ****z 2000) plus be able to do it with all games released since the voodoo 5 also all thru hardware not emulation))

saturnotaku
03-20-07, 12:48 PM
I mean, how can you enjoy life without the chance to play every game ever made (as long as you can pay for it) and play it 100% intact?

It's quite easy when you're not a sociopath.

Tr1cK
03-20-07, 12:49 PM
I know this (and me) is dumb to everyone else, but I think once a console is made, it should be made forever (in limited quantities, like 3% of the consoles made,) because they'll all eventually break and with life expectancy going up, those older years would be mighty bitter.

This would even lead some people to commit suicide, like myself. I mean, how can you enjoy life without the chance to play every game ever made (as long as you can pay for it) and play it 100% intact?

Just like I wish the hell 3dfx Voodoo5s were may today in PCI-E (other small modifications too), nvidia has the rights to it don't they? Hopefully, I won't need to hope that much longer (I'm not saying I expect voodoo 5's to be made again, I'm saying I hope future nvidia hw can do everything a voodoo5 can do (except maybe run games in glide, but then there's ****z 2000) plus be able to do it with all games released since the voodoo 5 also all thru hardware not emulation))

:headexplode:

is it me or was that all total nonsense?

A) manufacturers will never waste money by keeping production of low margin products (ie products that wont be sold much or for much profit)
B) by todays standards all voodoos are total garbage
C) glide support would be cool, but see A....nvidia wont waste money on backwards compatibility for a dead api (ie low margin as in nobody plays many glide titles anymore and if they do, they just use a glide wrapper)

saturnotaku
03-20-07, 12:56 PM
:headexplode:

is it me or was that all total nonsense?

It's not you, my friend.

Imbroglio
03-20-07, 01:07 PM
It's not you, my friend.

if you're feeling ballsy, click on his name and click find more posts:headexplode:

saturnotaku
03-20-07, 01:14 PM
if you're feeling ballsy, click on his name and click find more posts:headexplode:

My intelligence has dropped enough reading through his tripe as he types it. No need to send it careening off a cliff by digging through his post history.

Imbroglio
03-20-07, 01:32 PM
My intelligence has dropped enough reading through his tripe as he types it. No need to send it careening off a cliff by digging through his post history.

yeah, this was more directed towards Tr1ck as it seems he has not had the unfortunate experience to try and comprehend his previous posts.

the experience tends to go something like this:

first couple of posts: wtf, wait let me read that again... wtf?

next couple of posts: umm, do i dare read this.... damnit wtf?

later on: let me just skip ahead on to save myself. atleast that keeps the sanity intact

Lyme
03-20-07, 05:04 PM
Finally got to the website http://faq.eu.playstation.com/bc/
I simply love the way Sony has written the ratings:
3 - No known issues to date
2 - Should play on PLAYSTATION®3 with some minor issues
1 - Should play on PLAYSTATION®3 with noticeable issues
-----------
What is this "should" nonsense? Does it play, or does it not play? And the "no known issues to date"? The patch was just released, of course there are no known issues to date. Sony really needs to work on their wording of things.

As for the count, I'm sure the list is closer to 1200 than 1800 if you take out all the games that have multiple sku's. One copy of a game is really no different than another no matter if you got the super ultra cool sku with the comic or the regular sku without.

Otherwise, even with the first BC chip removed from the PS3 there still is some hardware support for BC. Lets hope all the BC games work as well as they are stated to.

|MaguS|
03-20-07, 05:44 PM
God Lyme, please STFU. You try to take anything positive Sony announces and spin it into something negative. Sony has kept their promise and the System still has a superior backwards compatability then anything the X360 has accomplished so shove it.