PDA

View Full Version : PC running...sluggish...

sirplayalot
03-20-07, 10:23 PM
I dont know why but ever since I got my new motherboard my computer has been running very odd. Things seem to be very sluggish. Like clicking on folders in windows, it freezes for a second or so and then continues. Even listening to music and then trying to open my browser it takes a little more time then it should. Even the most simple programs like clicking the AIM icon or "My Computer" slows the PC down a few seconds. I dont know why this happens but its odd and I dont think running the PC that I do should be this slow. :(

Specs below:

Xion X2
03-20-07, 10:29 PM
Try switching your memory around. Check your manual and make sure you have it in the right slots. Run some stability tests with Prime/Orthos (blend) and Windows Memtest especially, and report back with your results.

supra
03-20-07, 11:00 PM
u reinstall windows when u switched to ur new one, or did u just install drivers over the top?

sirplayalot
03-20-07, 11:30 PM
u reinstall windows when u switched to ur new one, or did u just install drivers over the top?

Re-install of course! :)

Just ran Prime for 49 minutes with no problem or errors.

supra
03-20-07, 11:50 PM
Re-install of course! :)

i figured. but just had to make sure :)

hirantha
03-20-07, 11:54 PM
in the task manger is the performance show a CPU usage spiking every few secs even when you dont have alot of services are running??

sirplayalot
03-21-07, 12:08 AM
in the task manger is the performance show a CPU usage spiking every few secs even when you dont have alot of services are running??

CPU usage jumps from 0 to 3% with iexplorer being the main process running.

hirantha
03-21-07, 12:19 AM
ok 0-3% is not a huge spike so thats out,,

try setting your page file size to computer manage. or better yet set the minimum to 2x your RAM

sirplayalot
03-21-07, 04:44 PM
ok 0-3% is not a huge spike so thats out,,

try setting your page file size to computer manage. or better yet set the minimum to 2x your RAM

Still skippy and freezing. :(

stevemedes
03-21-07, 04:55 PM
Did you install the Jmicron IDE drivers for the P5B deluxe? I heard it can screw stuff up.