PDA

View Full Version : eVGA 8800GTX with a 10C resistor?

Labyrinth
03-21-07, 12:33 AM
Hey all..

I know we may be way past this, but I've had my 2nd GTX now for a few weeks, and I'm noticing after cleaning it that its got a 01c resistor. I know that it was like a 68C or something like that that were the bad ones, but can anyone tell me if they have it on their cards?

I can't seem to play STALKER, CoH, or DoD successfully. I'll be playing for like less then 20 at times and it always crashes.

Any ideas?

haloeighty8
03-21-07, 06:16 AM
hey man.. you know what I was just thinking the same thing, I got my evga 8800 gtx's right when they came out.. I mean almost to the day they where released and I never bothered to see what resistor they have on them.

Don't know if this is related or not.. but when I first played stalker my system completely shutdown! This was with everything maxed @ 2560x1600, was talking to that dude in the beginning and BAM! like someone pulled the plug. I'm thinking it's a power supply issue.. I've just been to lazy to pull this one and put my 1kw-sr in. I'm hoping that takes care of it.. cuz strange thing is after that inital shutdown when I restart the game everything is fine. No more crashes..

Like I said.. not sure if it's 8800 related but just thought I'd toss in my 2 cents. :confused:

Mr Bigman
03-21-07, 08:22 PM
hey man.. you know what I was just thinking the same thing, I got my evga 8800 gtx's right when they came out.. I mean almost to the day they where released and I never bothered to see what resistor they have on them.

Don't know if this is related or not.. but when I first played stalker my system completely shutdown! This was with everything maxed @ 2560x1600, was talking to that dude in the beginning and BAM! like someone pulled the plug. I'm thinking it's a power supply issue.. I've just been to lazy to pull this one and put my 1kw-sr in. I'm hoping that takes care of it.. cuz strange thing is after that inital shutdown when I restart the game everything is fine. No more crashes..

Like I said.. not sure if it's 8800 related but just thought I'd toss in my 2 cents. :confused:

That system in your profile sounds like the most complete ive seen. Are you like a CEO or someone with a big bank account cuz thats a 6 or 7 grand system easy?

LORD-eX-Bu
03-21-07, 11:22 PM
you see the chick in haloeighty8's avatar? yep, thats what she does for a living:p

RussianHAXOR
03-22-07, 01:22 AM
Hey all..

I know we may be way past this, but I've had my 2nd GTX now for a few weeks, and I'm noticing after cleaning it that its got a 01c resistor. I know that it was like a 68C or something like that that were the bad ones, but can anyone tell me if they have it on their cards?

I can't seem to play STALKER, CoH, or DoD successfully. I'll be playing for like less then 20 at times and it always crashes.

Any ideas?

RMA? :D If you have problems and you cant fix em... RMA!

Cyant
03-22-07, 05:17 PM
Wich drivers you use or what Power Supply? Personally I crash in games a few minutes after starting to play with the 10X.XX driver line. And he said his second GTX so I assume he run SLI? Of course hes gonna crash if the PSU is not up to the task.

The best for me so far is the 97.92 but I downloaded 97.95 just now and will see how it goes.

Mr Bigman
03-22-07, 08:39 PM
-LORD-eX-Bu']you see the chick in haloeighty8's avatar? yep, thats what she does for a living:p

Your kidding right? oh man, so thats how she makes alot of money to build a good rig? So she must be semi celeb? living in LA explains it.

haloeighty8
03-23-07, 01:55 AM
That system in your profile sounds like the most complete ive seen. Are you like a CEO or someone with a big bank account cuz thats a 6 or 7 grand system easy?

Not quite..I'm just in debt over my head! I'm a old die hard PC guy who likes to get all the cool toys! ;)

RussianHAXOR
03-23-07, 02:02 AM
Im a young buck that sells everything he has just to get a good videocard.

LORD-eX-Bu
03-23-07, 02:09 AM
I just don't run out of money for some reason:lol:

Mr Bigman
03-23-07, 07:48 PM
Not quite..I'm just in debt over my head! I'm a old die hard PC guy who likes to get all the cool toys! ;)

I totally agree! I owe some big dept to Microcenter for gaming gear and it gets up thier in price but good specs dude.

john19055
03-26-07, 04:36 AM
Just run them one at a time and see if they both crash when playing the game and if runs great and the other does'nt then I would RMA it ,But if you are talking about a 8800GTX that you just got ,then I highly doubt you have one with a bad resistor,since not to many of them made it out the door and there should'nt be none left now with the bad resistor on it.

haloeighty8
03-26-07, 05:01 AM
I totally agree! I owe some big dept to Microcenter for gaming gear and it gets up thier in price but good specs dude.

Thanks man... but yeah to keep up with the good stuff you gotta keep spending and spending!. Fortunately, I always manage to sell my older stuff to friends and that helps out a lot. At least it helps offset the price a bit..