PDA

View Full Version : Stupid SATA Q

six_storm
03-21-07, 01:06 PM
Ok, I have a really stupid Q about SATA HDDs. When I built my last rig, I finally made the transfer over to SATA HDDs. It's been a little while but my old gaming rig already has it set up. When it's booting up, there are 2 loading screens which I can apparently I.D. as a FastTrak 7** RAID Manager (says I have a RAID 0+1 set up) and a Promise SATA something. Currently, my SATA HDD is connected via SATA_RAID_1 port on my mobo. I hooked it up to the SATA_1 port but my PC freaked out, even though it detected the HDD.

Do you HAVE to have a RAID set up in order to use just one SATA HDD? If I remember correctly, I think you do but I guess I could be wrong. Also, I couldn't change any settings on those two SATA programs mentioned above during boot up. I can't find my manual for the mobo but I have a new mobo on the way, no prob. Just wondering . . .

DiscipleDOC
03-21-07, 01:36 PM
Ok, I have a really stupid Q about SATA HDDs. When I built my last rig, I finally made the transfer over to SATA HDDs. It's been a little while but my old gaming rig already has it set up. When it's booting up, there are 2 loading screens which I can apparently I.D. as a FastTrak 7** RAID Manager (says I have a RAID 0+1 set up) and a Promise SATA something. Currently, my SATA HDD is connected via SATA_RAID_1 port on my mobo. I hooked it up to the SATA_1 port but my PC freaked out, even though it detected the HDD.
You can disable that raid screen in the bios.

Do you HAVE to have a RAID set up in order to use just one SATA HDD? If I remember correctly, I think you do but I guess I could be wrong. Also, I couldn't change any settings on those two SATA programs mentioned above during boot up. I can't find my manual for the mobo but I have a new mobo on the way, no prob. Just wondering . . .
No you don't. You can have a non-raid config just one drive.

I have 3 drives in my rig and don't have them in raid.

einstein_314
03-21-07, 02:05 PM
You should be able to put the RAID controller into non-RAID mode....so they function like regular stand alone hard drives.

|JuiceZ|
03-21-07, 02:41 PM
^^^what those guys said

Check your bios, those options are there.

stevemedes
03-21-07, 03:35 PM
You can disable that raid screen in the bios.

No you don't. You can have a non-raid config just one drive.

I have 3 drives in my rig and don't have them in raid.

u shuld RAID-0 those 320's :D

DiscipleDOC
03-21-07, 04:44 PM
u shuld RAID-0 those 320's :D

Nah....I got different stuff on 'em. I like it just the way it is! ;)