PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Dead

Pages : [1] 2

Am_I_Evil
03-21-07, 03:39 PM
while downloading the new resistance update my PS3 shut off and did this weird "beep beep beep" thing and the light turned red and starting flashing....now when ever i unplug and try to turn it back on it just does that...it beeps and the red light on the front flashes...

lame

Alaa
03-21-07, 03:41 PM
Is there any point in this post?

OWA
03-21-07, 03:43 PM
Wow, that doesn't sound good. Sorry to hear that. Have you tried resetting it (although that might just be for the graphics settings). Try holding down the power button for like 10 seconds or so and see if anything different happens.

Am_I_Evil
03-21-07, 03:49 PM
Wow, that doesn't sound good. Sorry to hear that. Have you tried resetting it (although that might just be for the graphics settings). Try holding down the power button for like 10 seconds or so and see if anything different happens.

i've tried that...and unplugging it and using that switch on the back and everything....its a no go....and its past my 30 days from Gamestop so it looks like i have to call sony....

*shouldn't have been so cheap...i should have bought the extended warranty from Gamestop....then i could just go in and exchange it....

OWA
03-21-07, 03:51 PM
Yeah, isn't that the way it always works. If you do buy the extended warranty, you'll never end up needing it. The times you decide not to, sure enough, you end up needing it.

Am_I_Evil
03-21-07, 03:54 PM
according to the sony website that means its overheated....

yet its out in the open....the fans aren't clogged and its ****ing freezing in this room....so obviously something went wrong....this sucks....

i haven't played it in a little bit and decided to play some resistance...so much for that idea....

Alaa
03-21-07, 04:00 PM
Why don't I feel that he is asking for help? It's just like "My PS3 is dead." and that's it.

Am_I_Evil
03-21-07, 04:03 PM
Why don't I feel that he is asking for help? It's just like "My PS3 is dead." and that's it.

what help is there to ask for...i've tried everything....unless you want me to turn it upside down and spin it around there's not really much you can do to help me...unless of course you work for sony and want to get the replacement order started....

SebC
03-21-07, 04:16 PM
^that's his point... why are you making this thread when we can't really suggest anything :/

Peoples-Agent
03-21-07, 04:17 PM
Because fanbois need to know their beloved console, also has issues.

Banko
03-21-07, 04:19 PM
Why don't you contact Sony instead of whining, **** happens.

Am_I_Evil
03-21-07, 04:23 PM

i'm going too....

its funny to see how people are reacting...some people are nice and trying to help or at least offer some suggestion, ie: try to reset it...then the fanbois come out of the woodwork and decide to bitch at me like its my fault my PS3 is a POS....

nicorulez
03-21-07, 04:25 PM
what help is there to ask for...i've tried everything....unless you want me to turn it upside down and spin it around there's not really much you can do to help me...unless of course you work for sony and want to get the replacement order started....

Dude, all you need is the Playstation receipt from Gamestop and they will exchange it for free. It has a one year warranty. Call up Sony tech support. They will get you an RMA and deliver a box in which you will pack the Sony (I know because my first one conked out on me) PS3 with the controller and wires and send it back. I got mine back in a week or so. No problem. Moreover, the replacement PS3 has a year warranty from they date they send it out. Hope this helps.

Burner_Tbird2
03-21-07, 04:30 PM
Well I'm gonna try and help the man instead of bashing him.

The only possible fix I've turned up is removing the HD and powering the unit on. Then after a successful power up turn the console off and reinstalling the HD. If I were you though I'd just have Sony send me a new one.

Am_I_Evil
03-21-07, 04:33 PM
if i could get through to an actual human being at sony i would....this menu bull**** is driving me crazy....

Marvel_us
03-21-07, 04:38 PM
Hmmm...I called up Sony once and it wasn't that bad before I got to speak to someone.

This may seem a bit weird but have you tried plugging your PS3 into a different outlet? I had a similar situation where my PS3 would just keep shutting off randomly and it turned out that the outlet it was plugged in was bad because as soon as I moved it the problem stopped.

Lyme
03-21-07, 04:45 PM
It is quite amazing how many outlets in house's/condo's etc are wired badly. For anything I really care about I run it off of a UPS, and for virtually everything else electronic I get a decent surge supressor like: http://www.apc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=220 If you look at the picture closely in the top right you can see a green led, when you plug it in if the led is red your outlet is wired wrong (wires reversed, no ground, etc).

Am_I_Evil
03-21-07, 05:04 PM
every thing's taken care of....they are sending a box and once i send it back i should have a new one within 7-10 days...

and the service definetly gets an A+ from me....the guy tried everything thing he could and when the conclusion was reached that it was broken he started setting up the return right away...no issues with the service at all....(and the menu thing was my fault i went to far into it where 0 was no longer and option)

Imbroglio
03-21-07, 05:15 PM
:thumbsup:

was waiting to see how you made out, nice to see that everything worked out well for you, props to sony for good customer support.

Banko
03-21-07, 05:34 PM
i'm going too....

its funny to see how people are reacting...some people are nice and trying to help or at least offer some suggestion, ie: try to reset it...then the fanbois come out of the woodwork and decide to bitch at me like its my fault my PS3 is a POS....
I'm not being a fanboy here but the way you started this topic happens to be more trolly then anything else.

You could've said my PS3 seems to have died is there anything I could do instead of just writing lame.

Edit: Nice that Sony managed to help you out though.

kevJ420
03-21-07, 05:37 PM
i've tried that...and unplugging it and using that switch on the back and everything....its a no go....and its past my 30 days from Gamestop so it looks like i have to call sony....

*shouldn't have been so cheap...i should have bought the extended warranty from Gamestop....then i could just go in and exchange it....

I always, always get the extended warranty if it's from gamestop, that's the only place that had an extended warranty that was any good, about a year ago. I'd recommend waiting for a future revision of the hw to buy a new one.

Or you could ask them to take it back and they may make an exception, you never know, I always would, I'm anti-military. of course, if they do, make sure you get the ext warranty the 2nd time.

Banko
03-21-07, 05:41 PM
I always, always get the extended warranty if it's from gamestop, that's the only place that had an extended warranty that was any good, about a year ago. I'd recommend waiting for a future revision of the hw to buy a new one.

Or you could ask them to take it back and they may make an exception, you never know, I always would, I'm anti-military. of course, if they do, make sure you get the ext warranty the 2nd time.
What does being anti military have to do with anything?

kevJ420
03-21-07, 05:44 PM
I'm an idiot, I didn't read the whole post.

I'm very glad that they're sending you a new one.

A good alternative to a ups is a tripp-lite line conditioner, they're a little bit cheaper. It's what I use and there's a major difference.

On a side note, this makes it so I'm really going to get even more po'ed when people criticise sony (not that you did, you praised them.)

Whether nintendo fan boys like it or not, Sony is more virtuous than nintendo ever has been and ever will be.

In case someone thought it was stupid when I said I was anti-miltitary, think about what the military is based upon. Rules. I break rules.

evilchris
03-21-07, 06:27 PM
Did you say this when people's X360's failed?

Sabadin
03-21-07, 06:29 PM
I'm an idiot

No arguements here.