PDA

View Full Version : EVGA's 680 A1 still full of problem so far...

jcniest5
03-22-07, 02:13 AM
Read the follow thread at EVGA's Forum. I guess one problem solved introduces another one. I really want to jump on this 680i bandwagon, but it seems like I have to wait just a bit longer until the dust settles down first. Probably within 4-6 months all glitches/problems will have smoothened out, then I will take my plunge.

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30297

top3koms
03-22-07, 05:06 AM
I purchased the A1 revision recently and so far it is working perfectly.I have 4 x 1gb OCZ PC9200 SLI memory working at at their rated speed and timings via EPP profile.You have to remember that the people that are not having problems are not likely to post in the forums.

jcniest5
03-22-07, 08:00 AM
Think I'm gonna wait until rev. 2 of 680i chipset is implemented into new mobos before making my move.

Burner_Tbird2
03-22-07, 08:59 AM
In my experience if you are waiting for a bug free piece of hardware chances are you'll always be waiting. I'm sure rev.2 will have its own set of idiosyncrasies and you'll then be waiting for the next nVidia chipset to arrive. Take the plunge, like top3koms said those not having issues are not posting, most ppl are not having issues (myself included) after the P23 Bios was released. :thumbsup: