PDA

View Full Version : FF13 may go 360

Pages : [1] 2

H3avyM3tal
03-22-07, 01:55 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6167864.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;4

Well now, there you have it. Lets prove them ppl posting there, that we are better at being fanboys! So I expect alot of you here to act like little kids :)
Ready, set, flame!

Marvel_us
03-22-07, 02:00 PM
Generation Meltdown confirmed!:headexplode:

evilchris
03-22-07, 02:09 PM
I'm so sick of this regurgitated statement:

Developers aren't even taking full advantage of the cell processor yet.

JUST YOU WAIT!! tEH c3LL!!!

Namrok
03-22-07, 02:11 PM
I don't know, I really don't know. I mean Square has never done anything multi platform before. At least not in anything resembling a timely manner :p I don't think getting a remake, port, or collection on a new system 5 or 10 years after the fact counts as "multi platform"

As much as I'd love it, I simply will not believe it until I see hard proof.

|MaguS|
03-22-07, 02:18 PM
We'll find out in May at the FF party.

ynnek
03-22-07, 02:23 PM
the ports of FF 7 and 8 (us numbering scheme) came out to PC, like just a couple of months afterwar the PS version.. Unfortunately, they were straight ports..

However, since consoles have improved so much, a port of FF's for the 360 back to PC could at least look okay.. although I doubt it'll ever happen.

evilchris
03-22-07, 02:28 PM
Predicting quote in May, 2012:

GamerGuyX
03-22-07, 02:31 PM
Final Fantasy XI came out for the PC, PS2, and 360. That sounds pretty multi-platform to me.

Oh and lol @ evilchris. :D

Imbroglio
03-22-07, 02:32 PM
I don't know, I really don't know. I mean Square has never done anything multi platform before. At least not in anything resembling a timely manner :p I don't think getting a remake, port, or collection on a new system 5 or 10 years after the fact counts as "multi platform"

As much as I'd love it, I simply will not believe it until I see hard proof.

True, they haven't really done multi-platform, but in the past they did have that one instance of completely jumping ship.... but that's another topic all together :p

ENU291
03-22-07, 02:44 PM
Can Square keep the quality high and still go multi-platform? We already know that EA and UBISoft have a difficult time doing this so my best guess is that Square will have a hard time with this business model as well.

Lyme
03-22-07, 03:48 PM
I'm so sick of this regurgitated statement:

JUST YOU WAIT!! tEH c3LL!!!

No, developers at Standford University have written a application to take full advantage of the Cell and its streaming capabilites. This application is called folding@home and there are tons of PS3 owners using the Cell processor in their console to the utmost of its calcluation potential! It is completely beside the point that folding@home is not a game.

Lyme
03-22-07, 03:53 PM
Can Square keep the quality high and still go multi-platform? We already know that EA and UBISoft have a difficult time doing this so my best guess is that Square will have a hard time with this business model as well.

With Square moving to the UE3 engine a large number of the crossplatform issues go away. Besides we knowing that Square stuffs a large amount of cash into each of their titles and after the Spirits Within movie costing far more than it ever made, Square knows that they need to either a) get money out of Sony for a exclusive or b) put it in a market where they can make the money back.

|MaguS|
03-22-07, 04:01 PM
With Square moving to the UE3 engine a large number of the crossplatform issues go away. Besides we knowing that Square stuffs a large amount of cash into each of their titles and after the Spirits Within movie costing far more than it ever made, Square knows that they need to either a) get money out of Sony for a exclusive or b) put it in a market where they can make the money back.

I still wonder what Stake Sony has in Square after the movie, they purchased about 18% stock in Square to support them due to the high lost they took on the movie. Wonder how that comes into affect after the Enix Merger.

EDIT:
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/098/098911p1.html

Sony never payed Square for exclusive, they just well kept them alive after a huge failure, lol. 134m loss is lot, Sony bought 18% of the stock for a 124m price...

Ninja Prime
03-22-07, 04:13 PM
Who cares what platform its on? FF series has sucked since after VII anyway.

Toss3
03-22-07, 05:53 PM
Who cares what platform its on? FF series has sucked since after VII anyway.
I bet you only played FF VII... :rolleyes:

I really wouldn't blame Square for going multi platform, and with FF XIII being one of the most wanted upcoming ps3 titles it gives them some room for demanding more money of sony. But my guess is that sony will pay them whatever just to keep it on their platform because final fantasy XIII will sell ps3s like no other game on the market! :D

H3avyM3tal
03-22-07, 06:23 PM
Well, atleast not ALL of the thread was a let down...

Lyme
03-22-07, 07:51 PM
I still wonder what Stake Sony has in Square after the movie, they purchased about 18% stock in Square to support them due to the high lost they took on the movie. Wonder how that comes into affect after the Enix Merger.

EDIT:
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/098/098911p1.html

Sony never payed Square for exclusive, they just well kept them alive after a huge failure, lol. 134m loss is lot, Sony bought 18% of the stock for a 124m price...

I'm sure we can agree that back when the PS2 was the cutting edge, it had (and still has) huge market share. With that kind of market share you don't need to be convinced to release for the console. However now that the PS3 is the cutting edge product from Sony and doesn't have a huge installed base, and Squares previous financial difficulties, even with 18% of Square in Sonys pocket I don't think they can afford to release a high cost exclusive for the PS3 without incentive. The big question is: Is Sony willing to pony up for a FF exclusive? Rumours are it is still under discussion http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/03/sony_final_fant.html

The results of can be quite dramatic. If MS were able to get FF to be a exclusive, I expect it would sell a lot of 360s in Japan. FF has a huge following (although I've never played a single FF game), and it will sell consoles be it PS3 or 360. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

kev13dd
03-22-07, 08:28 PM
Right now regardless of if it's an exclusive, it's still helping the PS3 right now. A majority of people believe it will be PS3 only, and there are bound to be quite a few people who the idea that "it's only coming to the PS3" was influential in their decision to buy the console. It may not seem like much, but every single game that people think will be PS3 only plays a part in the purchase of the console

If Microsoft is going to grab the exclusive, they need to do it soon before people buy a PS3 and don't have enough money left over for the 360

K

kevJ420
03-22-07, 08:44 PM
Sony is my favorite this generation and all, but when people are saying the cell's potential will eventually be so unlocked, that's band wagon jumping. For games, a core 2 quad e6600 is probably almost 2x as fast the cell at their full potentials. The Core 2 quad's potential hasn't been used 100% either.

A console's cpu is never as fast as a high-end computer's cpu. I can't think of any consoles that broke that rule. The earlier consoles that used Motorola mc68000's (which itself was used in the legendary Sharp X68k and the old macs) may have come close, but not quite.

kevJ420
03-22-07, 08:45 PM
I'm sure we can agree that back when the PS2 was the cutting edge, it had (and still has) huge market share. With that kind of market share you don't need to be convinced to release for the console. However now that the PS3 is the cutting edge product from Sony and doesn't have a huge installed base, and Squares previous financial difficulties, even with 18% of Square in Sonys pocket I don't think they can afford to release a high cost exclusive for the PS3 without incentive. The big question is: Is Sony willing to pony up for a FF exclusive? Rumours are it is still under discussion http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/03/sony_final_fant.html

The results of can be quite dramatic. If MS were able to get FF to be a exclusive, I expect it would sell a lot of 360s in Japan. FF has a huge following (although I've never played a single FF game), and it will sell consoles be it PS3 or 360. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

See, the Wii isn't a contender for ff13.

kev13dd
03-22-07, 08:50 PM
See, the Wii isn't a contender for ff13.
What does that have ANYTHING to do with what you quoted?

K

|MaguS|
03-22-07, 09:18 PM
What does that have ANYTHING to do with what you quoted?

K

HAHA You got baited!

kev13dd
03-22-07, 09:53 PM
HAHA You got baited!
I figure the only way we are going to get this guy to leave is if we point out his idiot statements wherever they are

If by pointing them out we "bait him" into saying MORE stupid things, well worth the price! :D

K

Mr. Hunt
03-22-07, 10:30 PM
If 13 turns out anything like 12... it could just not come out and I wouldn't care.

ralinn
03-23-07, 10:35 AM
I'm looking forward to versus XIII more then XIII anyway :)