PDA

View Full Version : Good Job Sony...

Marvel_us
03-23-07, 09:12 AM
Credit goes to Bad_Boy for the find.

Force feedback is back for wheels! Nice to see Sony is trying to clean up their act.

Originally Posted by TTP
Force feedback added to GTHD 2.0 (now available on the EU PS Store)
A new version (2.0) of GTHD just appeared on the EU store, replacing the previous one.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8646/dsc02835nl0.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1013/dsc02836dr4.jpg

Please notice that when selectin the last option, only the first wheel to the left highlights. I guess this means it only applies to that wheel model.

|MaguS|
03-23-07, 09:13 AM
They flip flop more then the democratic party. I personally still dont care for FF but would welcome the weight of the new controller... the current one is so god dam light.

Bad_Boy
03-23-07, 09:15 AM
:D

Yup, now that immersion and sony kissed and made up, we can pretty much expect every future racer to support
FFB in the future, and most likely patched older racing games. Motorstorm is rumored to be one of them, which should be pretty crazy with FFB. :cool:

Rumble I don't care about, but FFB is a MUST for racing games.

Tr1cK
03-23-07, 11:08 AM
I couldn't play PGR3 without the wheel + feedback.

Bman212121
03-23-07, 11:26 AM
I was just looking at the book for my DFP, and it could adjust the strength of FFB in the wheel itself. FFB is working in Carbon, but now I'm going to have to get GT: HD 2. I'm betting it has bug fixes for the 1.6 patch as well, because I couldn't even play GT: HD 1.1 last night because my PS3 would shut off as soon as it went into a race.

Hmm, no updates for us in the states yet, I hope the v2.0 comes out soon! :)

Lyme
03-23-07, 12:00 PM
They flip flop more then the democratic party. I personally still dont care for FF but would welcome the weight of the new controller... the current one is so god dam light.

Sony finally settled with Immersion http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2007/03/05/sony-pays-force-feedback-dev-immersion-150-million-in-playstation-suit-ps3-dualshock-possible-after-all.htm

While Sony has said otherwise, most belive that Sony removed force feedback from the PS3 due to this patent being litigated. Now that the patent has been resolved and Sony has licenced the patent, PS3 users may see a upgraded controller come to market. Should that happy Sony will have to tread carefully to not anger current PS3 owners with the non-force feedback controllers.

OWA
03-23-07, 12:01 PM
I wonder if what I saw at the japanese PSN store recently (an updated version). I was checking their store out just before the 1.6 update to see if they showed anything different from the US PSN store. They had GT:HD listed on 3/20, I think it was, but I didn't try downloading it b/c I couldn't tell what it really was.

Bman212121
03-24-07, 12:54 AM
Sony finally settled with Immersion http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2007/03/05/sony-pays-force-feedback-dev-immersion-150-million-in-playstation-suit-ps3-dualshock-possible-after-all.htm

While Sony has said otherwise, most belive that Sony removed force feedback from the PS3 due to this patent being litigated. Now that the patent has been resolved and Sony has licenced the patent, PS3 users may see a upgraded controller come to market. Should that happy Sony will have to tread carefully to not anger current PS3 owners with the non-force feedback controllers.

I don't see how it is going to anger them, but then again... My logic is that the Xbox started out with honking controlers, and then went to the smaller ones, and everyone I knew anyway was happy they changed the design. But I'm sure there will be a lot of people that will complain cause they have nothing better to do. ;)

Lyme
03-24-07, 01:53 AM
Ask yourself how you would feel if you bought in on a ps3 early on and Sony started shipping the newer ps3's with force feedback controllers, and you being a early adopter must pony up $$$ to get the new controller. "IF" Sony were to do such a thing and I were in that position, I'd feel pissed. However, Sony has not said they are going to replace the controllers, and if they were to do so, that that would be the method they would choose. I'm sure given that example you can see how Sony could piss off a lot of people. I personally would expect Sony not to release a upgraded controller simply so that they do not have to deal with the situation. Annoying customers is bad, forking out a ton of cash to replace all the current ps3 controllers on the market is just as bad.

MustangSVT
03-24-07, 02:07 AM
Once that F1 game starts supporting FFB, I will buy a PS3. :o

Bad_Boy
03-24-07, 07:39 AM
Also, the new Colin McRae Dirt will have support for the DFP and G25 in the PS3/PC version, MS Wheel in the 360 version, and with force feedback in all 3 versions (PS3/360/PC). :D

Though the only negative is that the game wont support the manual H-pattern shifting in the G25, just the sequential shifting.

Ask yourself how you would feel if you bought in on a ps3 early on and Sony started shipping the newer ps3's with force feedback controllers, and you being a early adopter must pony up $$$ to get the new controller. "IF" Sony were to do such a thing and I were in that position, I'd feel pissed. However, Sony has not said they are going to replace the controllers, and if they were to do so, that that would be the method they would choose. I'm sure given that example you can see how Sony could piss off a lot of people. I personally would expect Sony not to release a upgraded controller simply so that they do not have to deal with the situation. Annoying customers is bad, forking out a ton of cash to replace all the current ps3 controllers on the market is just as bad.It wouldnt be much different from PS1 controllers with and without rumble.

Once that F1 game starts supporting FFB, I will buy a PS3. :o
I think the PAL version that just shipped supports FFB, but I think it's only 240 degrees of motion (which isnt a big surprise considering it's f1). I'll have to ask around to make sure, but if it's true then I would expect a patch for the NA version soon.

|MaguS|
03-24-07, 08:23 AM
Not like they couldn't patch it in. ;)

MustangSVT
03-24-07, 04:16 PM
A patch you say? I'll be very happy when that day comes. My G25 will stay on my computer, but my DFP and the chassis I have for it is quite lonely at the moment, have only played GT4 on PS2 with it.

S.I.N
03-24-07, 04:38 PM
Ask yourself how you would feel if you bought in on a ps3 early on and Sony started shipping the newer ps3's with force feedback controllers, and you being a early adopter must pony up $$$ to get the new controller. "IF" Sony were to do such a thing and I were in that position, I'd feel pissed. However, Sony has not said they are going to replace the controllers, and if they were to do so, that that would be the method they would choose. I'm sure given that example you can see how Sony could piss off a lot of people. I personally would expect Sony not to release a upgraded controller simply so that they do not have to deal with the situation. Annoying customers is bad, forking out a ton of cash to replace all the current ps3 controllers on the market is just as bad.

You sure like to bitch.

saturnotaku
03-24-07, 06:14 PM
You sure like to bitch.

You sure like to excuse everything Sony does.

SebC
03-24-07, 06:23 PM
I hope they bring out FF controllers too. Games just kinda feel lifeless without it

lIqUID
03-24-07, 09:13 PM
if the controller doesn't shake people cry, if they start to make shaking controllers months and months after release people still cry. I see a pattern here.

Lyme
03-25-07, 12:53 AM
You sure like to bitch.

Yep, which is ok, as long as you realize that post is bitching about people like you, and not Sony.

Mr. Hunt
03-25-07, 07:14 AM

Ask yourself how you would feel if you bought in on a xbox 360 early on and Microsoft started shipping the newer 360s with HDMI and bigger harddrives, and you being an early adopter must pony up the $$$ to get the new features. "IF" Microsoft were to do such a thing and I were in that position, I'd feel pissed.

Difference is... a new controller is 40-50 bucks... a new console is 500.

H3avyM3tal
03-25-07, 07:52 AM
^OMG, that is so lyme. I mean lame. (not the first person to say that, so credit goes where credits due).

Marvel_us
03-25-07, 10:38 AM
Ask yourself how you would feel if you bought in on a xbox 360 early on and Microsoft started shipping the newer 360s with HDMI and bigger harddrives, and you being an early adopter must pony up the $$$ to get the new features. "IF" Microsoft were to do such a thing and I were in that position, I'd feel pissed.

Touche.

Lyme
03-25-07, 11:36 AM

The situation described above in regards to the 360 "will happen", it isn't a "IF" it is a "WHEN", and people will be pissed.

Rest assured that "SHOULD" Sony do the controller thing, people will be pissed off as well.

Mr. Hunt, you seem to think that I particularly care if Microsoft, Nintendo, or Sony are the best console or not, really I don't. As such I'm more than happy to agree with your statement above.

Trizae
03-25-07, 12:52 PM
:afro: