PDA

View Full Version : Run S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in 64Bit application!!!

luismartins
03-23-07, 03:47 PM
Hello, I have bought Stalker the game today and im a lot angry with THQ, and the producers of the freaking game.
Were is the supporte for AMD 64 Bit application??????
When im runnig the game its says in task manager the application is in 32 Bit what a :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: is that?????
I hope they made one update very soon.
Is there a way to force it to run in 64 bit?

THX

Wolfhound
03-23-07, 03:50 PM
I doubt it, if it is a 32 bit app It cannot be run on 64 bit

stevemedes
03-23-07, 03:57 PM
I thought almost all apps are 32 bit. Except ones that are specifically coded to be 64bit.

einstein_314
03-23-07, 04:50 PM
Hello, I have bought Stalker the game today and im a lot angry with THQ, and the producers of the freaking game.
Were is the supporte for AMD 64 Bit application??????
When im runnig the game its says in task manager the application is in 32 Bit what a :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: is that?????
I hope they made one update very soon.
Is there a way to force it to run in 64 bit?

THX
You do realize that virtually every game out there is only 32bit right? In all honesty, I can't think of a single 64bit game that is out yet. It's not that big of a deal either....

nekrosoft13
03-23-07, 05:02 PM
far cry, hl2, ut 2004 have patches for 64bit, thats it

jolle
03-23-07, 05:18 PM
Riddick shipped with 64bit native executables.
But there hasnt been alot of 64bit on the gaming market yet.
Its coming, but there isnt any great rush yet, the main gain is the 4gb+ RAM support..
I guess it could be a bit faster with more registers and stuff, not well read up on that sort of stuff.

Riplayne
03-23-07, 06:07 PM
It doesnt matter man, 64bit if you havnt realized yet is a bit of a scam if you ask me, its a useless "new" technology chipmakers use to sell thier products. Unless your using autocad or photoshop I don't think you will ever see a benefit. Just look at the hl2 64bit benchmarks.

Vik1dk
03-23-07, 06:57 PM
ArmedAssault installs as a native 64bit game on my system.
Along with Shadow Ops: Red Mercury, they are the only native 64bit games i know of

Vik1dk
03-23-07, 07:23 PM
It doesnt matter man, 64bit if you havnt realized yet is a bit of a scam if you ask me, its a useless "new" technology chipmakers use to sell thier products. Unless your using autocad or photoshop I don't think you will ever see a benefit. Just look at the hl2 64bit benchmarks.
The extra speed gain(5-25%) from 64bit are often used to add more "eyecandy" if you can call it that, so you wont see a boost i frames
Example:
Shadow ops:
http://www.atari.com/shadowops/us/amd.html
http://www.amdzone.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=68&page=2
Farcry:
http://amd64downloads.filecloud.com/farcry.asp

Ati75
03-23-07, 07:43 PM
You just made me think that it would not run on Vista64. Really gave me a scare there. But just like it has been said, virtually every game is 32bit with a few exceptions, which were also already mentioned. No need to feel angry about it as there is no real downside at this time in my oppinion.