PDA

View Full Version : lcd, help needed.

kevJ420
03-23-07, 04:36 PM
Hello,thanks to anyone who replies. I was wondering what the hell I should do with an l2000c that I'm stuck with w/ a 12/05 manufacturing date? I could return it before I opened it to neither newegg nor lg, so I had to open it and see if by any chance luck was with me, but it was not manufactured before mar/apr 2006. So it should have banding, I hear. I'm really po'ed that i hadn't even opened it and neither lg nor newegg would take it back, not even if I paid newegg shipping both ways and a 15% restocking fee.

So I hope that it's still possible I'm not sol, but I need help in making myself non-sol. I haven't used it yet, I've just opened it.

I'm non-sol in this case:

if I don't have to pay more than $130 w/o selling anything to get what I was supposed to get.

The only chance I have at not being SOL is thru someone else's help.

Does anyone else think that newegg and lg are right, if this was done to someone other than myself?

einstein_314
03-23-07, 04:50 PM
Wait....what did you just say? :wtf:

Let me sort this out in my head....

1) you bought a monitor (l2000c?)
2) you wanted to return said monitor....
3) Newegg wouldn't let you even if you paid for shipping and 15% restocking fee -at this point you hadn't opened it but new it was an old version
4) You opened it...to see if you got lucky and there wasn't banding..
5) and now you dont' know what to do with it...

You would have to sell it for $130?

Can you RMA is with newegg? Claim that it's defective and you want a new one? Maybe you'll get a new revision without banding?

kevJ420
03-23-07, 07:24 PM
Thanks for helping.

That $130 figure was just a ballpark figure for shipping (i don't know how much it would be) plus the restocking fee about $50-60.

Anyways, I think I'm probably just sol.

So now I need a recommendation for a true 8 bit panel, s-ips, no banding, good black level, 1600x1200 or 1680x1050, 176 or 178 viewing angles lcd for under $250. and of course one that never had to have any revisions that I wouldn't be guaranteed.

ENU291
03-23-07, 08:06 PM
Kev do you even bother to read what you type before you hit the submit button on your post? I for one would love to try and help you on some of your questions but I'm having a hell of a time trying to understand what you're saying.

Wolfhound
03-25-07, 08:36 AM
Kev do you even bother to read what you type before you hit the submit button on your post? I for one would love to try and help you on some of your questions but I'm having a hell of a time trying to understand what you're saying.

Me want to help too, but his posts are like a drunk had wrote them, I cannot understand a damn thing.

kevJ420
03-26-07, 11:17 AM
thanks for being willing to help, i'll try to rephrase my question shortly.

|MaguS|
03-26-07, 01:11 PM
Let me ask this, What exactly is wrong with the monitor? Don't give me any other information other then what the problems are...

kevJ420
03-27-07, 07:35 PM
dithering issues like playing a game in 16 bit color on an ati gr card.
not smooth color gradients, color banding.

SlieTheSecond
03-27-07, 09:07 PM
32 bit color is not an option?

j0j081
03-28-07, 05:56 AM
wait so are you saying you want to return it because it was manufactured over a year ago even though it's new?

kevJ420
03-28-07, 01:41 PM
32 bit color is not an option?

Yes it is. Remember the dell flat panel issues? well, lg did the same thing they did.