PDA

View Full Version : CPU Fan Suggestion

six_storm
03-26-07, 01:28 AM
So if you don't mind, please recommend some good CPU HSFs or just HSs. I have the stock AMD HSF on there right now but I'd like something to do the job a little better. Also, I have new parts coming in this week and I wanna overclock my CPU a little to get more juice outta it. Any suggestions?

stevemedes
03-26-07, 01:43 AM
So if you don't mind, please recommend some good CPU HSFs or just HSs. I have the stock AMD HSF on there right now but I'd like something to do the job a little better. Also, I have new parts coming in this week and I wanna overclock my CPU a little to get more juice outta it. Any suggestions?

Socket 939 right? Easy, arctic cooling freezer 64 pro. Cheap, quiet and HIGHLY effective. Kept my X2 3800 @ 2.4 at 31C idle.

Rakeesh
03-26-07, 02:07 AM
Wait, I thought you just use a mac with boot camp or smth?

six_storm
03-26-07, 09:33 AM
Wait, I thought you just use a mac with boot camp or smth?

Where have you been? I got my gaming rig back and I'm building it back up. Even though I still have both of my Macs (still going strong), I just wanted to build another PC and do a little gaming, mainly for Crysis, CSS and a few others.

stevemedes, thanks for the suggestion. The Freezer Pro looks great and I'll keep checking it out. I used to have a ThermalTake Venus 7 for my 3500+ (Qlitchford bought it I think) and it worked well. Thanks again!

FastRedPonyCar
03-26-07, 11:15 AM
Socket 939 right? Easy, arctic cooling freezer 64 pro. Cheap, quiet and HIGHLY effective. Kept my X2 3800 @ 2.4 at 31C idle.

+1. My brother's 939 system I built him is rocking one of those as well.

six_storm
03-26-07, 11:21 AM
+1. My brother's 939 system I built him is rocking one of those as well.

Awesome to hear a +1 on that. I'll prolly order that whenever I can confirm my Paypal money has hit my bank account. Thanks guys! BTW, I started a blog about updating my rig @ sixst0rm.blogspot.com (or click the link in my sig!).

six_storm
03-26-07, 11:28 AM
Just wondering, I've been reading around the net and trying to see if this HSF is too big for the latest ASUS A8N-SLI mobo. I just don't wanna order it and then I can't put in my RAM lol.

kevJ420
03-26-07, 12:16 PM

That seems kind of high. what were your load temps?