PDA

View Full Version : NV35 wishlist!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Fotis
03-18-03, 11:04 AM
Here is mine:

1.Quality AA&aniso on par or better than Ati's(their fsaa speed is very good)
2.Full speed 128bit color,no 64 bit backturns and hacks.
3.NO FLOW-FX!!!!!
4.Official hackfree drivers every 1.5-2months at least.
5.~70% faster than my card using same quality fsaa&aniso.
6.No lies and secrecy on their architecture.

If nv35 has all that I'll buy it and please no more PR bull****.

Let the hardware talk!!!

jAkUp
03-18-03, 11:06 AM
256bit bus
on time delivery

and 70% faster that a radeon??? i think thats asking a little much

nutball
03-18-03, 11:39 AM
1. Helluva fast
2. Helluva cheap
3. Helluva soon

That's mine :D

cvearl
03-18-03, 01:16 PM
That it works as advertised. No more deceptions. And from it the birth of a new middle priced PERFORMANCE MAINSTREAM card that is actually faster than a 1 year old G4Ti4200!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn I might have to get a 9600 Pro. Can't wait much longer. I want FSAA even though I hardly notice it when it's on anyway :). I just want to be able to say I have it!:afro:

Charles.

Bigus Dickus
03-18-03, 01:55 PM
8 pipelines instead of 4
256 bit memory bus instead of 128
full speed 128 bit calculations
Gamma correct AA
True MSAA modes greater than 4x
16x AF option
Comparable clockspeed to GFFX Ultra without FX Flow

sebazve
03-18-03, 02:13 PM
that they actual sell one!!
:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Solomon
03-18-03, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by sebazve
that they actual sell one!!
:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA... That's a good one... Or that it's AVAILABLE!!! Hehehe.

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

John Reynolds
03-18-03, 02:23 PM
Damnit, Solomon, Newegg.com had 4 in stock last week, so that means it's WIDELY available!:smoking:

Slappi
03-18-03, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Solomon

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

Why are you such an *******? All you do is bash nVidia and talk **** to those who like em.

ChrisRay
03-18-03, 03:09 PM
Not that I like his tone. he's got a point. People come here and Bash Nvidia alot.

I understand freedom of speach and all. But this is an Nvidia fansite. Everyone knows Nvidias cards aren't up to par. It just seems you mods put up with a lot more than you should.

Cuz some people here just beat dead horses into the ground.

-=DVS=-
03-18-03, 04:35 PM
i would wish better IQ then Radeon9700+ even if it would be a bit slower :o (in this age we already have enough speed its time they rise the bar for Image Quality)

What is the point of buying fast card if its gives you crappy image running game at 300FPS :eek:

Supperior AA/AF and overal picture at 50 FPS would be awesome ;)

sebazve
03-18-03, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Slappi
Why are you such an *******? All you do is bash nVidia and talk **** to those who like em.

ok then lets serious:lol2:
better IQ with decent speed..:angel: :lol2:

Chalnoth
03-18-03, 11:19 PM
The best thing that nVidia could do is implement a multisampling pattern on par with ATI's at 4x (6x isn't really that necessary, but 4x is). Additionally, gamma-correct FSAA would be a boon.

They should also drop the combining at scanout. It makes sense for 2x FSAA, but at 4x and higher, it just reduces available memory, degrading overall performance at higher resolution with newer games.

The only other thing that needs changing is the shader performance, if it's not something that can be fixed with updated drivers (which I still think can happen). The raw theoretical shader performance per clock appears to be on par with the R300 (at 32-bit FP), but it's obviously not reaching that performance with current drivers.

SocketAzzWipe
03-18-03, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by ChrisRay
Not that I like his tone. he's got a point. People come here and Bash Nvidia alot.

I understand freedom of speach and all. But this is an Nvidia fansite. Everyone knows Nvidias cards aren't up to par. It just seems you mods put up with a lot more than you should.

Cuz some people here just beat dead horses into the ground.
I think you should exercise your freedom to spell correctly.

Hanners
03-19-03, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Chalnoth
The best thing that nVidia could do is implement a multisampling pattern on par with ATI's at 4x (6x isn't really that necessary, but 4x is). Additionally, gamma-correct FSAA would be a boon.

They should also drop the combining at scanout. It makes sense for 2x FSAA, but at 4x and higher, it just reduces available memory, degrading overall performance at higher resolution with newer games.

The only other thing that needs changing is the shader performance, if it's not something that can be fixed with updated drivers (which I still think can happen). The raw theoretical shader performance per clock appears to be on par with the R300 (at 32-bit FP), but it's obviously not reaching that performance with current drivers.

What he said.

Plus get rid of the FlowFX and use a 256-bit memory bus.

Solomon
03-19-03, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Slappi

Huh? All I do is bash Nvidia? Um..... O.k. Oh yeah! I slammed people for liking the FX. Please tell me were I have indicated such words. There is a little thing called, "Reality"... Nvidia hasn't delivered. Unless you count John Reynolds, Instock info! :)

You seem to think all I do is bash Nvidia? Hmmmm. What positive is there to talk about them this time around? I haven't seen anything from Nvidia, just paper launches and the occasionly released pre-orders from BFG. Yet, you can sit here and judge my comments and feedback about how I see Nvidia? LOL

Because I'm talking about Nvidia in a bad light suggest that I'm bashing? It's called discussing "reality" with it. You are probably sick of all of the naysaying about the FX I assume right? Well there is nothing else to talk about. Oh we can sit here and talk all about how great the NV35 is and how it's going to be. They have a section called, "Hardware Rumors" for that.

Just because I don't have a shrine up in my living room means I'm bashing Nvidia? Hehehe. I know this is a Fan site and everything but sheeesh! I have to post postive upon positive comments on Nvidia to according to you, "fit in nicely" ?

Give me something Nvidia has done positive in the last 4 months? Otherwise, I will critique them all I want. Until I see what I want to see from Nvidia, I will continue to be hard on them. I don't post comments to "please" people or make them happy. I voice my opinion on the situations. Isn't that what this forum is about? Or am I wrong here?

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

Solomon
03-19-03, 08:59 AM
Not to get off topic... What I want to see?

1) Dual DVI (Standard)
2) Obviously a 256-bit bus
3) Not to run Hot
4) Quiet (If FlowFX is needed) make it at least not too audible
5) Two versions (One for AGP Pro slots) and the other for standard.

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

Asprine
03-19-03, 10:24 AM
1. HDTV
2. HDTV
3. HDTV

am i getting tru?

ChrisRay
03-19-03, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Solomon
Huh? All I do is bash Nvidia? Um..... O.k. Oh yeah! I slammed people for liking the FX. Please tell me were I have indicated such words. There is a little thing called, "Reality"... Nvidia hasn't delivered. Unless you count John Reynolds, Instock info! :)

You seem to think all I do is bash Nvidia? Hmmmm. What positive is there to talk about them this time around? I haven't seen anything from Nvidia, just paper launches and the occasionly released pre-orders from BFG. Yet, you can sit here and judge my comments and feedback about how I see Nvidia? LOL

Because I'm talking about Nvidia in a bad light suggest that I'm bashing? It's called discussing "reality" with it. You are probably sick of all of the naysaying about the FX I assume right? Well there is nothing else to talk about. Oh we can sit here and talk all about how great the NV35 is and how it's going to be. They have a section called, "Hardware Rumors" for that.

Just because I don't have a shrine up in my living room means I'm bashing Nvidia? Hehehe. I know this is a Fan site and everything but sheeesh! I have to post postive upon positive comments on Nvidia to according to you, "fit in nicely" ?

Give me something Nvidia has done positive in the last 4 months? Otherwise, I will critique them all I want. Until I see what I want to see from Nvidia, I will continue to be hard on them. I don't post comments to "please" people or make them happy. I voice my opinion on the situations. Isn't that what this forum is about? Or am I wrong here?

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

How about this, For a website Author. Your tone and general professionalism leave a lot to be desired. You maintain a sig with your website written in it. Talk about your dealings with Nvidia/ATI as a reviewer.

But your general lack of professionalism
leave a lot to be desired.

Its things like this and other things you have posted in the past that make me never want to visit your website.

I believe you could a learn alot from the way Kyle (HardOCP) And MikeC(Nvnews) represent themselves on these boards.

but hey I've only been visiting the last month and half. And what I have seen has made me not want to visit your website or read your reviews.

But hey. To each their own. I doubt you care what I think.

Asprine
03-19-03, 10:41 AM
The patrionism...

Sniff, a true believer....

(sorry could`nt help it... :D)

gxenakis
03-19-03, 10:44 AM
256Mbit Memory bus should have been done to start with and $150 of the currnent price would put the FX back into my mind as a competitor. have already compalined to nvidia about this and told them I have been a long time NVIDIA supporter. NOT anymore. I have recently used a 9700 at the lowest quality it beat my old GeForce3 at FULL quality, the drivers were stable and the card screamed, NVIDIA's ego and ignorance just lost another customer. My 9700 was ordered monday and I also recently just aquired my A+ and Fiber optics certs, thank you, thank you.

ChrisRay
03-19-03, 10:49 AM
I can only imagine what having a 9700 Pro is like... twice as fast as my Radeon 9500 Pro due to 256 memory...

I definately think the Nvidia products need 256 bit memory,. But I dunno. After experiencing this Radeon 9500 Pro its a bit hard to go back to Nvidia... unless they do some improvements in there 8xS algorithms. with TRUE multisampling.

And of course Improved AF, While its not a huge deal. It'd be nice to see the cards equalling out in AA/AF

Dazz
03-19-03, 10:54 AM
256nit DDR-2 memory lmao good one, i thought the NV30 does 128bit true colour?

Solomon
03-19-03, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by ChrisRay
How about this, For a website Author. Your tone and general professionalism leave a lot to be desired. You maintain a sig with your website written in it. Talk about your dealings with Nvidia/ATI as a reviewer.................

General Professionalism? Oh...... So I have to be "professional" about my postings? So that means kiss up to manufacturers and vendors. Sorry you won't see that here. Having a sense of humor isn't allowed either I take it. That's cool like you said, to each his own.

I guess, "being one of the guys" isn't allowed if you run a website. That running a website you have to maintain some sort of ethical relationship to the public? Hehe. I didn't know there was so many rules I had to follow. Hell I didn't even know there was a guide book. Do they sell that at like Borders or Barnes & Nobles I can pick up and educate up on?

It's strange, just because I maintain a website I have to live up to some sort of standard? Can you explain why? I inform people of what I think some might want to read up or know about. Some will like it. Some won't. Everyone has that right to read what they want. But if you want a robot, a posterboard child type of style from "Webmasters" then you won't see that on my site or from me in general. I'm just like everyone else here on the forums. I have a brain, have a humor bone, get angry, etc... You don't have to like, and that's your right. But don't tell me that I have to live up to some standard of professionalism, just because I maintain a website.

You are correct, You have a right to say what you want. I respect that. But don't lecture me on some professionalism BS just because I maintain a web site.

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

(Moderators you can delete this if you want! It is off topic! Heh. I just wanted to vent)

ChrisRay
03-19-03, 11:09 AM
No But professionalism allows me to believe you can maintain an objective opinion.

"kissing up" to hardware companies has nothing to do with my post.

I'm simply stating I don't believe you are capable of maintaining an objective opinion. When Visiting hardware sites for reviews. That is something I value above all other things.

I'm sorry, Thats the way I feel. ANd I'm sure I'm not alone here. But if you want people to take everything you say about companies at face value. Then a bit of professionalism is always a good thing.

Anyway, This is off topic. So I guess we better leave it at that.