PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of KTC monitors?

ALobpreis
03-18-03, 01:11 PM
As I posted in the other thread, I'm insterested in a LCD monitor, and the cheapest I can get is a KTC 15".

Does anybody have any opinion about these monitors? (About LCD or CRT, everything is welcome).

Somebody told me they are average, above AOC and Proview.

saturnotaku
03-18-03, 01:26 PM
If you're going to get an LCD, what you don't want is something cheap. If you want an LCD, save your money and get a solid 17" display.

ALobpreis
03-18-03, 01:29 PM
Nonononono!!!
Me Argentina!
17 expensive! Me dead!! :eek:

:D

As I posted in the other thread, 17" is tooo expensive here. If I don't steal one, I'd have to get a 15". I don't care much about size, because a 15" LCD is 15" visible, while my actual 17" is nearly 16" visible... 1" isn't that much.

So, another question... what's a good and cheap brand for 15" LCDs? :confused:

Smokey
03-18-03, 02:39 PM
If i was going to buy a LCD monitor, I would try it first, its really the only way to sure that you will be happy with it.

ALobpreis
03-18-03, 02:43 PM
Yes, of course! I'll try. It's like mice. ;)

So, no one ever heard or KTC?

Hard to find, but here (http://www.ktc.com.cn/english/chpzht.asp)'s its home page.

fantomas
03-18-03, 11:05 PM
i got a KTC 17" CRT, its a lump of ****. The contrast/brightness is poor, and the refresh rates are useless above 1024 rez. I must have saved a hundred bucks but damn i wish i had spent more and got something good.

On the bright side I now know how to examine CRT's. I am going to stay well away from KTC, suggest you do too. At least compare it side by sside to another brand.

eL_PuSHeR
03-19-03, 10:53 AM
Get a Samsung 191T or 191N (less expensive). They seem cool. I would save the money until you've got a good LCD.

ALobpreis
03-19-03, 11:46 AM
This is a hard choice...
You know, I'd always prefer a ViewSonic or Samsung over KTC, but $$ is the problem.
I can get the KTC for about 340-350, and a ECS for 430. What do you think of ECS?? I only heard of some ECS motherboards...

As I explained above, our money lost a lot of value. Nearly 3.1-3.2 times. But our incoming money didn't raise! So it's really everything 3 times more expensive.
So remember this prices mean to me what $ 1050 and $ 1350 mean to you!! (here it's also harder to get the money)

Brands like ViewSonic, Samsung or Philips start at $ 550 at least, so that means $ 1700 and up... And you are paying $ 500 for a 17" LCD!!! :mad: :mad:

It's not nice to pay 3x times for something worse. :cry: