PDA

View Full Version : What a bunch of dopes

saturnotaku
03-26-07, 06:37 PM
I got a voicemail this afternoon from UPS saying that they're delivering a package. I check the tracking number, and the place of origin is the same city as the Microsoft repair center. Based on the package weight, I can only assume that MS has sent me a second Xbox 360. I already received a replacement system that actually works about 2 weeks ago, finally bringing an end to my repair saga.

I called MS and for some reason they had two repair orders for two consoles. That makes no sense because if there were a second repair order, they should only have sent an empty set of boxes, not a whole other system. While having two systems would be cool as hell, I'm going refuse delivery and have the package shipped back to MS.

S.I.N
03-26-07, 06:44 PM
:headexplode: So your going out of your way to make sure you dont get a another console there sending you which is no fault of yours when you can sell it for over $250 in profit? Even Jesus is shaking his head.

Lyme
03-26-07, 06:45 PM
You could always hang on to it as a backup?

saturnotaku
03-26-07, 06:46 PM
:headexplode: So your going out of your way to make sure you dont get a another console there sending you which is no fault of yours when you can sell it for over $250 in profit? Even Jesus is shaking his head.

When you grow up, maybe you'll learn about honesty.

|MaguS|
03-26-07, 06:55 PM

It's scary with the amount of dishonest people here isn't it.

J-Mag
03-26-07, 07:00 PM
It's scary with the amount of dishonest people here isn't it.

100% of the population is dishonest. I can't remember the exact statistic, but the average person lies many times in a day.

|MaguS|
03-26-07, 07:01 PM
100% of the population is dishonest. I can't remember the exact statistic, but the average person lies many times in a day.

I didn't mean dishonest as in lying but rather in theft. Theres a big difference...

ENU291
03-26-07, 07:08 PM
Well his forum name is SIN. Kinda tells you a bit about a person! ;)

:D

J-Mag
03-26-07, 07:13 PM
I didn't mean dishonest as in lying but rather in theft. Theres a big difference...

Yeah I agree with that. However, if anyone ever claims they are always honest at least you know that statement is a lie ;)

saturnotaku
03-26-07, 07:15 PM
However, if anyone ever claims they are always honest at least you know that statement is a lie ;)

99% of the time it will come back to bite you, and Microsoft's bite is not something I would like to experience thankyouverymuch. ;)

Buenamos
03-26-07, 08:08 PM

no ****?

Toss3
03-26-07, 08:19 PM
How is it stealing when they were the ones who sent it to him? :o

Peoples-Agent
03-26-07, 09:46 PM
Screw them in all honesty, chances are the so called "Repaired" unit is a refurb. I'd be hanging onto that second one just incase.

If the 360 was a reliable system I wouldn't be thinking that way, but with Warranties being what they are, I'd hate to think that when my machine goes pop after 13 months i'd have not something in back up.

|MaguS|
03-26-07, 09:54 PM
Refurbish is a repaired unit, what did you think they actually repaired the exact one that you send in?

Bman212121
03-26-07, 11:09 PM
I would agree first off the right thing to do is send it back, because you didn't pay for it. It is the honest thing to do.

Also, for anyone who would consider keeping it, just remember that MS probably has your information on file, and most likely a CC number. When you do an RMA they expect to get a part back, or they will charge your account. So if he kept it, they would probably charge him a retail price for a used console.

saturnotaku
03-26-07, 11:53 PM
How is it stealing when they were the ones who sent it to him? :o

Because they made a mistake. They already sent me a replacement. Something was screwed up in their computers that, for some reason, made them send another one.

My fiance was home when UPS tried to deliver the package, but I had told her beforehand to refuse delivery, so it's on its way back right now.

superklye
03-26-07, 11:55 PM
But...they ****ed up. It's not like you were trying to scam them. If you order a cheeseburger and pay for it, but get a double...do you refuse the second patty of meat?

Granted, a 360 is a bit bigger, but I totally would've put it on the floor and rolled around on it naked, along with Kyle's money cashed into pennies.

saturnotaku
03-26-07, 11:58 PM
But I would be scamming them if I did keep it. MS has all my contact information, and they do have my CC because I bought the extended warranty through them. I have little doubt that they would have figured it out anyway. Then I would have to pay out of pocket to return it to them, not to mention the aggravation of dealing with it is about the last thing I need right now.

Quickstar
03-27-07, 12:17 AM
Obviously not an opportunist...

GamerGuyX
03-27-07, 12:30 AM
I'd take the extra, free 360 in a heartbeat.

**** honesty. At least in this case.

Peoples-Agent
03-27-07, 05:03 AM
Refurbish is a repaired unit, what did you think they actually repaired the exact one that you send in?

I know that they don't repair the same one and return it, adds to why i'd keep the second console... just incase.

Not the honest thing to do, but you will wish you had once your real replacement 360 goes boom, which it will.

If you were to keep it in the box, maybe just opened to check it out, and then leave it on a shelf somewhere and forget about it, there is always the option to return it if MS pull their finger out.

I really don't think you are breaking any laws by retaining an item they have sent to you, they signed the form, was released to the Courier etc
It's not stolen by any means.

I just think it's worth holding onto just incase. I personally wouldn't eBay it or use it, but I most definately wouldn't refuse it.

Namrok
03-27-07, 07:21 AM
Honestly I'd be worried about them getting it back, but that tips them off to the mistake and they charge you anyways, or some similar asinine bull****.

|MaguS|
03-27-07, 07:35 AM
I know that they don't repair the same one and return it, adds to why i'd keep the second console... just incase.

Not the honest thing to do, but you will wish you had once your real replacement 360 goes boom, which it will.

Already has, Im on my second unit already. My original died acouple weeks after the system launched.

BioHazZarD
03-27-07, 07:54 AM
Thats an honest thing to do, i would do the same since they have my full adress and everything , and comparing this to a cheeseburge is just stupid no i would not refuse to eat it but having the replacement already what do i want one extra that im not supposed to have.. doesnt feel right.