Here are some spy photos!

http://www.tgfcer.com/club/thread-5854409-1-1.html

Clay
03-26-07, 08:58 PM
Another link (same pics) but in English

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/03/26/xbox-360-elite-production-shots/

nicorulez
03-27-07, 12:51 PM
This is actually quite funny. MS bashes Sony for their overly expensive console. Guess what, they are now releasing a $450 plus console without the WiFi capability. Now HDMI does matter? WTF? Why doesn't MS suck it up and admit that Sony got it right. Release the Elite with a HDDVD drive, the HDMI port with a connector along with WiFi. Then, they could charge a premium of 500 bucks and it would be superior or at least equal to the high end PS3. For now, no thank you to a larger harddrive and HDMI only. Big whoop to those of us who have the XBox 360 (myself included). This is quite sad and is going to allow the PS3 to destroy MS in the long term. Mark my words; save this quote. In five years you can refer to it.

evilchris
03-27-07, 01:50 PM
:udawg:

BioHazZarD
03-27-07, 01:51 PM
Yeah release one with HDDVD and i might consider selling my old one and buy the new one.. but just for HDMI and a bigger drive no thanks.

evilchris
03-27-07, 01:53 PM
I don't think this SKU is needed. Sony has people brainwashed into thinking HDMI = good, so Microsoft has no choice.

thor1182
03-27-07, 02:01 PM
if this new set has the quieter drive and die shrink to make it run cooler, than there is reason there

1337_Like_ThaT
03-27-07, 02:12 PM
What is so "Elite" about this new system aside from the color?

HDMI that adds 0% to the graphics in addition to still having No Wi-Fi integrated or Hi-Def Player. :banghead:

if this new set has the quieter drive and die shrink to make it run cooler, than there is reason there

That is not making it an 'Elite' system, simply just fixes what shouldn't have been there with the first revision

nicorulez
03-27-07, 02:21 PM
What is so "Elite" about this new system aside from the color?

HDMI that adds 0% to the graphics in addition to still having No Wi-Fi integrated or Hi-Def Player. :banghead:

That is not making it an 'Elite' system, simply just fixes what shouldn't have been there with the first revision

My feelings exactly. They are charging us another $450 plus for this. Asinine. At least step up to plate and offer something comparable to the PS3 high end version. For us with a 30, sell us the 120 GB harddrive for less than 50 bucks. I already bought the WiFi and HDDVD player. Big whoop; I am far more impressed with my PS3 currently. At least it is future proof compared to the 360.

evilchris
03-27-07, 02:23 PM
*nothing* is "future proof.

How is Microsoft "charging you" another $450? Lol. Will a bill be sent to every X360 owner?

gulizard
03-27-07, 02:47 PM
Its suppose to run the 65nm technology apparently.

ENU291
03-27-07, 02:51 PM
This Elite sku is targeted more towards new buyers than existing owners. If you take the Premium Xbox360 bundle ($399) and add a 120GB HD, a price of $450 is somewhat fair IMO. The problem now is that existing owners will inevitably feel somehow cheated that their version of the 360 doesn't have the upgrades that this new model has. I for one think that this new Elite sku is some stupid gimmick. MS should just release the 120GB HD as an add-on and just integrate the DVI interface and the new core into the normal Prermium sku.

Marvel_us
03-27-07, 03:06 PM
I'm interested in seeing the ridiculous price the 120gb HDD will be.

Peoples-Agent
03-27-07, 03:09 PM
I wouldn't mind buying the 120GB HD , but then there are other means of using a normal 2.5" hard drive inside a 20GB 360 enclosure. Guides spread around the net and apparently it works well.

Just takes a bit of software cloning on the PC and your set.

SigmaOrionis
03-27-07, 04:28 PM
I'm interested in this console because I only have a single 35' HDMI cable running to my front projector. As it is, took my wife a little time to get used to a projector hanging off the ceiling. If I added more wires it would mess up the clean install that I have now.

Other benefits.
-Quieter DVD drive. This is a biggie for me.
-Bigger HD. Couldnt care less.
-Maybe new CPU. Would be nice if it allowed quieter cooling solution.
-T.V.s that can't do 1080P over VGA will now be supported for the HD-DVD.
-Black color. Would match my gear better, but could just skin for a lot less.
-Hopefully uncompressed audio could be carried over the HDMI connection for those that have receivers capable of doing this. This would definitely add value to the HD-DVD add on.

If MS would just make a HDMI cable for the XBOX 360 I would just buy that even if it was close to $75.00-$100.00

They could easily do this. It wouldnt be any different than the AVRs that transcode component signals into HDMI. The only problem is the cable would probably have to have a little box with the electronics and this would more that likely need to be plugged in. I dont know if there would be a big enough market to make it worth their while.

Its a lot of money. If I see one on a shelf I might just be tempted.

ViN86
03-27-07, 05:40 PM
This is actually quite funny. MS bashes Sony for their overly expensive console. Guess what, they are now releasing a $450 plus console without the WiFi capability. Now HDMI does matter? WTF? Why doesn't MS suck it up and admit that Sony got it right. Release the Elite with a HDDVD drive, the HDMI port with a connector along with WiFi. Then, they could charge a premium of 500 bucks and it would be superior or at least equal to the high end PS3. For now, no thank you to a larger harddrive and HDMI only. Big whoop to those of us who have the XBox 360 (myself included). This is quite sad and is going to allow the PS3 to destroy MS in the long term. Mark my words; save this quote. In five years you can refer to it.
.... i'll write that down....

http://images.contactmusic.com/images/reviews/vanwilder.jpg

pshhh

ViN86
03-27-07, 05:43 PM
I'm interested in this console because I only have a single 35' HDMI cable running to my front projector. As it is, took my wife a little time to get used to a projector hanging off the ceiling. If I added more wires it would mess up the clean install that I have now.

Other benefits.
-Quieter DVD drive. This is a biggie for me.
-Bigger HD. Couldnt care less.
-Maybe new CPU. Would be nice if it allowed quieter cooling solution.
-T.V.s that can't do 1080P over VGA will now be supported for the HD-DVD.
-Black color. Would match my gear better, but could just skin for a lot less.
-Hopefully uncompressed audio could be carried over the HDMI connection for those that have receivers capable of doing this. This would definitely add value to the HD-DVD add on.

If MS would just make a HDMI cable for the XBOX 360 I would just buy that even if it was close to $75.00-$100.00

They could easily do this. It wouldnt be any different than the AVRs that transcode component signals into HDMI. The only problem is the cable would probably have to have a little box with the electronics and this would more that likely need to be plugged in. I dont know if there would be a big enough market to make it worth their while.

lol i almost didnt finish reading your post and almost jumped down your throat and questioned whether or not you really understood why they didnt simply release an HDMI cable, but as i can see now, youre smarter than that :D

btw, you kind of answered your own question. the "It's a lot of money." statement hit the nail on the head. yea they could do it, but itd be expensive and critics would complain that its still not a true digital out :thumbdwn:

Zelda_fan
03-27-07, 05:46 PM

Not only would it be a lot of money, but if it transcoded component to HDMI it would not be HDCP compliant.

ViN86
03-27-07, 05:47 PM
Not only would it be a lot of money, but if it transcoded component to HDMI it would not be HDCP compliant.
good call, forgot about that.... :o

SigmaOrionis
03-27-07, 11:08 PM

It would still be HDCP compliant. Many people are using a receiver like the Denon 2807 and passing their component sources through the receiver and out through the HDMI to their display.

Its true some display devices dont like this arrangement, others however will work just fine.

And like Vin86 said this is not a true digital connection but from reading around on the forums there doesnt seem to be any noticeable degredation in picture quality. I havent tried this myself so just stating what I've read.