PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Launch in the UK best in history...

Pages : [1] 2

|MaguS|
03-26-07, 07:41 PM
Chart-Track has confirmed to GamesIndustry.biz that UK consumers snapped up 165,000 PlayStation 3 units in the two days following the console's launch

That makes PS3 the fastest-selling home console in history, beating the Wii - which shifted 105,000 units during its launch weekend - and Xbox 360, with 70,000 sold.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23781

Man, the UK must LOVE Sony, seriously... after how bad the delay was for them they still sold a **** load in two days... this is what really seals the deal for their Sony love though...

Overall, the PlayStation 3 is the second fastest-selling piece of games hardware in history. That record still belongs to PlayStation Portable, with 185,000 units sold during the handheld's launch weekend.

ROFL

saturnotaku
03-26-07, 07:47 PM
Good for Sony, seriously.

ENU291
03-26-07, 07:58 PM
Hopefully they can keep the ball rolling. The bigger the install base the better the software.

OWA
03-26-07, 09:11 PM
Cool, I'm surprised but that's good news.

Mr_LoL
03-26-07, 10:36 PM
The good thing is they are still available in the shops. I am getting one through a mobile phone contract.

Banko
03-26-07, 10:51 PM
Wasn't there a thread that the UK/Europe launch was a disaster?

MustangSVT
03-27-07, 12:43 AM
I've heard that Australia and Europe launch was a disaster. Maybe UK is different. Only time will tell how well PS3 does in Europe.

I honestly don't care. I just want Sony to patch F1 Championship with FFB already so that I can buy a PS3 myself. :headexplode:

Badboy_12345
03-27-07, 01:14 AM
strange that its available everywhere
how many units did sony send? 5 millions? :confused:

russ_3d
03-27-07, 01:57 AM
interesting - 'cause ps3 hasnt been all over the tv like microsoft ads are. im guessing most were sold via internet marketing and word of mouth/random shopping?

what would also be interesting to see would be advertising costs of the big 3 - ill bet sony cant have spent much in the uk?

PeterJensen
03-27-07, 03:05 AM
I've heard that Australia and Europe launch was a disaster. Maybe UK is different. Only time will tell how well PS3 does in Europe.

I honestly don't care. I just want Sony to patch F1 Championship with FFB already so that I can buy a PS3 myself. :headexplode:

Ehhh the UK is a part of Europe..

Peoples-Agent
03-27-07, 04:57 AM
All new consoles sell well in the UK full stop, always have done.

We can't get enough of them.

75% of these sales are down to nagging children who don't know WTF they are buying, all they know is they have a PSP and like it, and they enjoyed the PS2, so obviously the PS3 has to be just asgood.

Overall though, the decision is made easier by Blu Ray.

People are too prude to spend 600 - 900 on a player, that does nothing but play movies. This kit solves that issue.

Some of the idiots that enquire about this machine where my Bro works is alarming, i've been in there perusing for new games and you can just hear them. They really have no idea why they are buying it.

Remember one of them actually said "because I want to play Dead Rising." , when my Bro set them straight, they were in complete denial as if he was lying to them or something. WtF

And also, what Allaahu Akhbar has said, phone contracts. Alot of people need or have them, because of the higher price of the unit they are more likely to request a PS3 than a 360. Getting more cashback from a phone contract they would have had anyhow.

Zelda_fan
03-27-07, 09:59 AM
only 165k? That bring the total sold worldwide to like, what? 1.5 million? lmao that's pathetic. ROFL hilarious magus, just hilarious. You made my day. ROFL ROFL.

OWA
03-27-07, 10:50 AM
Uh oh, looks like someone missed their nap. :)

PeterJensen
03-27-07, 10:55 AM
only 165k? That bring the total sold worldwide to like, what? 1.5 million? lmao that's pathetic. ROFL hilarious magus, just hilarious. You made my day. ROFL ROFL.

WTF is wrong with you?

|MaguS|
03-27-07, 10:59 AM

Wow can you even be more retarded? Yeah in two days they sold 165K, far more then the amount of Wiis sold the first two days of its launch (105K). So what the hell are you talking about?

nemecb
03-27-07, 11:39 AM
WTF is wrong with you?
He's a troll?:D

Mr_LoL
03-27-07, 12:33 PM
And also, what Allaahu Akhbar has said, phone contracts. Alot of people need or have them, because of the higher price of the unit they are more likely to request a PS3 than a 360. Getting more cashback from a phone contract they would have had anyhow.
Yeah. I saw the advert in the back of the Sun. Its 70 a month though and I need to pay O2 a 100 deposit. I got my psp last year through a phone contract as well.

msxyz
03-27-07, 01:13 PM
Considering that UK alone is roughly 30% of the EU market, the total number of PS3 sold in the launch week should be around 500-600K.

Peoples-Agent
03-27-07, 02:01 PM
Considering that UK alone is roughly 30% of the EU market, the total number of PS3 sold in the launch week should be around 500-600K.

Heard today on the radio the actual amount sold was 290,000.

That's not too bad for a console launch IMO.

vampireuk
03-27-07, 02:11 PM
I still can't get hold of a god damn wii in this country. :(

Peoples-Agent
03-27-07, 03:45 PM
I still can't get hold of a god damn wii in this country. :(

Bro works at a game store, said the day they come in on stock runs, they are out the door that day or the day after tops. It's nuts!

Alot of obese chicks have been buying them to try and lose weight apparently. LoL

vampireuk
03-27-07, 05:23 PM
Great I can't play zelda because some fat slag wants to lose weight! In fact that ruins two things for me, how am I suppose to play zelda? And how am I suppose to pull some random fat bird if the night out goes tits up if they are all losing fault, damn you nintendo!

Peoples-Agent
03-27-07, 06:57 PM
Great I can't play zelda because some fat slag wants to lose weight! In fact that ruins two things for me, how am I suppose to play zelda? And how am I suppose to pull some random fat bird if the night out goes tits up if they are all losing fault, damn you nintendo!

Never fear, ten to two ... will always be here. LoL

Night out in Nottingham lad, good chance of picking up a Wii in that City during the day, plus bitches outnumber the lads 4 to 1 and are always up for it.

*Bows towards Nottingham*

Mr_LoL
03-28-07, 02:06 AM
Never fear, ten to two ... will always be here. LoL

Night out in Nottingham lad, good chance of picking up a Wii in that City during the day, plus bitches outnumber the lads 4 to 1 and are always up for it.

*Bows towards Nottingham*
What? I knew I should have picked Nottingham Trent University

Peoples-Agent
03-28-07, 06:52 AM
What? I knew I should have picked Nottingham Trent University

If you can't get laid in Nottingham, then a brothel and a fistful of cash is out the question.

That's just what it's like there.

Thing I really like about the place, the people are nice natured. That's one thing that never seems to change, even so called "Rough" areas ... where people do actually get gunned down every week, atleast they do it with a smile. LOL

People seem to remember what having fun is actually about there, can't say the same for alot of Southern towns / Cities anymore.