PDA

View Full Version : Time Crisis 4 Heading to PS3!

|MaguS|
03-26-07, 10:26 PM
I love this series, god I hope this rumor pull true! We need more Gun Games. :D

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168081.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;4

OWA
03-26-07, 10:32 PM
So, light-gun shooters work on regular displays? I always figured a special display was needed. Guess not.

|MaguS|
03-26-07, 10:33 PM
They can rework how the gun will work, might not be a traditional light gun.

LurkerLito
03-26-07, 11:09 PM
I love the gun type games, I hope they make the new guns also compatible with the PS2 version games when used in the PS3. I'd love to play TC3 on my HDTV set :).

russ_3d
03-27-07, 02:59 AM
They can rework how the gun will work, might not be a traditional light gun.

sixaxis :cringe:

Peoples-Agent
03-27-07, 06:05 AM
Good game, but MUST have a light gun.

See, next-gen could do really well with a set of decent light gun games, suprised they've overlooked it so far.

Lyme
03-27-07, 11:55 AM
So, light-gun shooters work on regular displays? I always figured a special display was needed. Guess not.

They work on regular displays. Light guns need to be tweaked for dlp/lcd/plasma screens but the basic theory is the same.

kevJ420
03-27-07, 02:23 PM
Nintendo really does suck, b/c the ps3 has a lightgun game announced before the wii does. The idea was suggested for the wiimote.

It's also going to be sad for nintendo when they're proved wrong about things like the wiimote not working with hdtvs.

OWA
03-27-07, 02:44 PM
They work on regular displays. Light guns need to be tweaked for dlp/lcd/plasma screens but the basic theory is the same.
I was going to ask "how they work" but I found a link pretty quickly that seems to explain it. Interesting, not really how I was guessing it all worked.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/question273.htm

OWA
03-27-07, 02:58 PM
Shoud I have used the head exploding smiley next to the link? :)

ynnek
03-27-07, 04:42 PM
I have the lightgun for the PS2 for Crisis Zone(which btw, imo is one of the most fun lightgun games)..

Its pretty good, but there still is that white "haze" when you hold trigger down, which is explained by that article up above.

I hope the next generation guns don't have that problem, and use totally another technique, like maybe an outside box/tracker like the Wii... You can deal with it.. Its just really annoying.

Zelda_fan
03-27-07, 05:40 PM
Nintendo really does suck, b/c the ps3 has a lightgun game announced before the wii does. The idea was suggested for the wiimote.

It's also going to be sad for nintendo when they're proved wrong about things like the wiimote not working with hdtvs.

listen b1tch. Nintendo "invented" duck hunt. FREAKING INVENTED IT.

BTW the Wiimote works just fine with my 1080p HDTV. Don't know wtf you are talking about it not working with HDTVs.

ViN86
03-27-07, 05:46 PM
how many more of these ****in threads are going to be started?

"BLAH BLAH IS GOING TO 360!"
"BLAH BLAH BLAH GOES TO PS3!"

can we please just put these in a single thread?

maybe something like "Game Release Platform Info"

there could be one thread (stickied) where the OP keeps being edited to include the latest games and which consoles they are specific too. you could also date it, and let ppl write comments about all of them at once. also would be good to compare the games being released for each :D

anyone like this idea? maybe a mod? ;)

|MaguS|
03-27-07, 06:32 PM
how many more of these ****in threads are going to be started?

"BLAH BLAH IS GOING TO 360!"
"BLAH BLAH BLAH GOES TO PS3!"

can we please just put these in a single thread?

maybe something like "Game Release Platform Info"

there could be one thread (stickied) where the OP keeps being edited to include the latest games and which consoles they are specific too. you could also date it, and let ppl write comments about all of them at once. also would be good to compare the games being released for each :D

anyone like this idea? maybe a mod? ;)

I did not create this thread with the idea to blast another console for it not getting a game. I was just mearly pointing out that a great game was heading to the PS3, im sure if the trend we have been seeing lately it will also come to X360 but as of right now that is unknown.

kevJ420
03-27-07, 06:51 PM
listen b1tch. Nintendo "invented" duck hunt. FREAKING INVENTED IT.

BTW the Wiimote works just fine with my 1080p HDTV. Don't know wtf you are talking about it not working with HDTVs.

Possibly b/c it's not running in 1080p?

Lyme
03-27-07, 07:44 PM
I was going to ask "how they work" but I found a link pretty quickly that seems to explain it. Interesting, not really how I was guessing it all worked.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/question273.htm

That article illustrates a method for a light gun to work with regular CRTs, syncing the gun by the refresh isn't needed anymore. Anyone who has played elibits or rayman raving rabbits on the wii can see that the wiimote could easily act as a light gun. The method used by the wiimote works with both sdtvs and hdtvs, while the above linked method would only work with sdtvs.

ViN86
03-27-07, 08:19 PM
I did not create this thread with the idea to blast another console for it not getting a game. I was just mearly pointing out that a great game was heading to the PS3, im sure if the trend we have been seeing lately it will also come to X360 but as of right now that is unknown.
sorry, i didnt mean to direct it at you. its more of a complaint as a whole. yes, i too have seen countless 360 touts as well.

anyways, i think an official platform/upcoming game thread would be a good idea. :D

Mr. Hunt
03-27-07, 10:05 PM
I have the lightgun for the PS2 for Crisis Zone(which btw, imo is one of the most fun lightgun games)..

Its pretty good, but there still is that white "haze" when you hold trigger down, which is explained by that article up above.

I hope the next generation guns don't have that problem, and use totally another technique, like maybe an outside box/tracker like the Wii... You can deal with it.. Its just really annoying.

The Wii sensor bar sucks nuts if you have a decently large TV...

ynnek
03-28-07, 06:19 AM
Yes, both methods have their advantages and disadvantages.

Perhaps they can improve the traditional lightgun so that it doesn't have that "white haze"/flicker effect (whats the refresh that HDTV's run?)

Or perhaps they can improve the IR tracker tech to be more precise.

Zelda_fan
03-28-07, 12:09 PM
The Wii sensor bar sucks nuts if you have a decently large TV...

you can calibrate the Wii-mote based on the size of your TV

Mr. Hunt
03-28-07, 12:28 PM
you can calibrate the Wii-mote based on the size of your TV

How... I have to point the wii remote at the top of my screen... pisses me off.

Nesseight
08-23-07, 05:37 PM
How... I have to point the Wii remote at the top of my screen... pisses me off.

I noticed that and it irritates me, too. If your control isn't level with the sensor-bar, and/or you're too close to the sensor-bar, it's ineffective.

I like the Wii and its controls more than other consoles other than perhaps an actual PC, but optimally placing the sensor-bar is a hassle and I'll probably wind up stacking something under the TV just so I can keep my wrist in a comfortable position.

I found this thread by googling "sensor bar sucks" trying to find if anyone has any solutions to this flaw in an otherwise near-perfect control setup. Apologies if this is considered a dead topic here, I noticed that it is a few months old.

tornadog
08-23-07, 06:16 PM
nice of u to bring this up...I have pretty much stopped playing on the wii, ever since I upgraded to a 50" TV. With the stand and the tv, I now have to hold up the wiimote at shoulder level to get a good response. This makes playing most games tough. Only game I can play with some ease is super paper mario which doesnt use the wiimote as much. Games like Monkeyball, Warioware and Rayman Are almost impossible in multiplayer...

Nesseight
08-23-07, 06:28 PM
I wonder if Nintendo's aware of this issue? I imagine it could eventually really put a hamper on their sales since they're putting a lot of faith in their remote, and the sensor bar is essential to FPS games which will likely be the majority of their mature audience.

I think the whole sensor bar needs to be designed better. As much as I like the Wii Remote, the sensor bar is hard to place, and if you have a really expensive TV you probably don't want to have adhesive tape put on it anyway.

All I can suggest (but haven't found the optimal position yet) is that it's probably easier to play if the remote and the sensor bar are at the same level, preferably one where it's comfortable to hold. That would probably mean under the screen for large TV's rather than above.

My main gripe is I have a somewhat big TV in a small room and it's kind of hard to distance myself from the sensor, so the remote, I guess, has a hard time sensing both ends of it.