PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on violence

Pages : [1] 2

kevJ420
03-27-07, 06:07 PM
OK, first I want opinions on what is the most violent game you've ever played? I'd have to say Eternal Champions CD may very well be it. But that's what I think.

I feel blood adds to the overall fun of the game. It sucks how in call of duty, you have an option to have an "insane" # of corpses, yet none of them are bloody. That's totally unrealistic and it would look better if they had blood.

What does everyone else think?

I strongly feel that violent video games are ok for everyone to play, I don't buy into that bull**** where people say it's to protect the children.

I don't like it when young good looking parents are dicks and say their kid can't watch a violent movie, but they can.

I don't know about any of you, but I wouldn't punish my kids for smoking pot, b/c that would be so ****ing hypocritical, it would be rediculous similar to 3dfx's saying, "so powerful, it's really kind of rediculous."

Remember the ad, where they said something like console gamers have never seen breasts? They had almost old-school sega quality advertising.

|MaguS|
03-27-07, 06:09 PM
Most violent? God of War possibly, far more gore then in the GTA games and its very brutal. Soldier of Fortune also had tons of gore.

I really don't care for gore, if its in good if its not who cares, doesn't detract from the game that much. I never missed it in Call of Duty due to how great the game was...

J-Mag
03-27-07, 06:12 PM
I think gore has become more rare in games, but violence and objectionable morality have been increasing.

Whatever happened to the good old days of gibs galore?

*awaits compulsory gib joke*

|MaguS|
03-27-07, 06:14 PM
Gibs are lacking in most games because of how fake they looked for the most part. I mean take FEAR for instance... you sometimes would gib the guy to be suprised with 3 legs or some **** like that.

J-Mag
03-27-07, 06:24 PM
Gibs are lacking in most games because of how fake they looked for the most part. I mean take FEAR for instance... you sometimes would gib the guy to be suprised with 3 legs or some **** like that.

You don't have a 3rd leg? :D

|MaguS|
03-27-07, 06:25 PM
No, It's my kick stand. :o

Epyx
03-27-07, 06:39 PM
Most violent game?

Galaga (1st place)

I would have to say Galaga. I was personally responsible for killing hundreds of alien vessels with hundreds of aliens onboard each one...genocide on a massive scale...possibly thousands of aliens killed...

Space Invaders would have to be a close 2nd.

Most gore filled game?

Timeslaughter from Bloodlust Games.

Camp0rz
03-27-07, 06:46 PM
OK, first I want opinions on what is the most violent game you've ever played? I'd have to say Eternal Champions CD may very well be it. But that's what I think.

everything said past that part of your post is some of the most ridiculous **** I have ever read.

Xion X2
03-27-07, 06:49 PM
^ lol @ Galaga.

I'd probably have to go with Magus on this one. God of War.

It also had the titty scene aboard the ship where it had the button sequence and you could make the two girls.. umm.. ah. yeah... :)

I remember I used to do that scene over, and over, and over, and over, and over

and over...

kev13dd
03-27-07, 07:12 PM
everything said past that part of your post is some of the most ridiculous **** I have ever read.

QFT, somehow he had to go and throw in how he plans to parent his future kids on issues from violent movies to smoking pot. This guy needs friends in real life who will listen to his opinions, because I'm getting tired of having every thread in here turned into "hear kevpla1's opinion on unrelated issues to gaming"

Everyone is saying God of War, but I'm thinking GoW as in Gears of War. That's the only game I've ever played where the camera is actually 50% covered with splattered blood a lot of the time (realistic blood too, it drips off the camera in some pretty nice animation effects). The biggest thing I noticed about Gears is how much blood each enemy spills out. I've gotton used to it and it doesn't seem like as much anymore, but whenever you chainsaw a guy or get hit with a shotgun, kinda hard to forget when you have to look through the blood on the screen to see your enemies

K

|MaguS|
03-27-07, 07:14 PM
The thing with Gears is that theres alot of gore per enemy but there really isn't that many enemies per map when compared to other games. Even then enemies die the same way all the time basically. In God of War there are so many different deaths that its just insane.

LT.Schaffer
03-27-07, 07:15 PM
well i think:
Soldier of fortune 1&2.
Max payne 2+cinema Mod [you could paint the walls with blood].
Doom 3 had some pretty bloody scenes.

I feel that too much blood is not always better,it can take away from the immersion of the game if some guy is spurting gallons of blood from a bullet wound.
Blood does add to the realism,but to me good physics simulation is better than blood realisticly dripping off of a wall.
i think that every game should have a option to turn off blood,that way it's up to the individual to decide how he feels about seeing those effects...
Personally i can only take so much violence in a game before i have to switch to a lighter hearted game..
I'm okay with seeing blood in games where your fighting terrorists or creatures,
but games like Kingpin&GTA i can't stand the overkill of running people over, shooting people,beating people...when i kill in a game i want it to be against Evil.

LORD-eX-Bu
03-27-07, 07:16 PM
what about the Soldier of Fortune games? those were good:D

Soldier of Fortune III on Crytek engine :drooling:

Zelda_fan
03-27-07, 07:17 PM
I used to think that violent video games don't affect people.

Then I met kevpla1@cox.net

My opinion has since been adjusted.

kevJ420
03-27-07, 07:39 PM
well i think:
Soldier of fortune 1&2.

I feel that too much blood is not always better,it can take away from the immersion of the game if some guy is spurting gallons of blood from a bullet wound.
Blood does add to the realism,but to me good physics simulation is better than blood realisticly dripping off of a wall.
i think that every game should have a option to turn off blood,that way it's up to the individual to decide how he feels about seeing those effects...
Personally i can only take so much violence in a game before i have to switch to a lighter hearted game..
I'm okay with seeing blood in games where your fighting terrorists or creatures,
but games like Kingpin&GTA i can't stand the overkill of running people over, shooting people,beating people...when i kill in a game i want it to be against Evil.

What about Carmageddon?

kevJ420
03-27-07, 07:40 PM
well i think:
Soldier of fortune 1&2.

this relates how mk could be more realistic w/ a ppu. see an earlier post of mine for all of the bloody details.

kevJ420
03-27-07, 07:44 PM
QFT, somehow he had to go and throw in how he plans to parent his future kids on issues from violent movies to smoking pot. This guy needs friends in real life who will listen to his opinions, because I'm getting tired of having every thread in here turned into "hear kevpla1's opinion on unrelated issues to gaming"

Everyone is saying God of War, but I'm thinking GoW as in Gears of War. That's the only game I've ever played where the camera is actually 50% covered with splattered blood a lot of the time (realistic blood too, it drips off the camera in some pretty nice animation effects). The biggest thing I noticed about Gears is how much blood each enemy spills out. I've gotton used to it and it doesn't seem like as much anymore, but whenever you chainsaw a guy or get hit with a shotgun, kinda hard to forget when you have to look through the blood on the screen to see your enemies

K

I kind of worded that incorrectly. I don't want to have kids. Sorry about that. I want to be able to do whatever the hell I want to in my moderately-away future (and for the rest of my life) w/ no negative consequences. I wouldn't know the 1st damn thing about parenting a kid. I don't even want a girlfriend.

jcrox
03-27-07, 07:55 PM
I have the distinct feeling that if any of us were left alone in a room with kevpla1 for an hour, there would probably be a pretty violent scene that resembles something from a video game :headexplode:

kevJ420
03-27-07, 08:14 PM
I have the distinct feeling that if any of us were left alone in a room with kevpla1 for an hour, there would probably be a pretty violent scene that resembles something from a video game :headexplode:

Where can I buy a dvi crt monitor by ibm?

evilghost
03-27-07, 08:21 PM
I kind of worded that incorrectly. I don't want to have kids. Sorry about that. I want to be able to do whatever the hell I want to in my moderately-away future (and for the rest of my life) w/ no negative consequences. I wouldn't know the 1st damn thing about parenting a kid. I don't even want a girlfriend.

You have to be a doper, 100% of your posts are misspelled stream-of-consciousness ramblings that have little or no meaning. I may do some analysis on your posts to determine just how much data, in Kilobytes, you've wasted in mysql database space for this forum.

There are times when I think I could put a series of flashing lights in front of your face and you'd be happier than a queer in prison for a full eight hours.

Additionally, what fool would sign up in a forum using the username that is their ISP provided email address. That's the zenith of Internet stupidity that I've seen.

|MaguS|
03-27-07, 08:22 PM
ROFL

LORD-eX-Bu
03-27-07, 08:24 PM
I hear that they keep alot of weed in the freeway kevpla1, you know... under the cars, you should go check it out.

nV`andrew
03-27-07, 08:27 PM
yeah i'd say soldier of fortune 2 was pretty gorey. hell, all the pc gaming magazines had tons of articles on how they were trying to stop minors from being able to buy it since all the gore and blood

einstein_314
03-27-07, 08:31 PM
You have to be a doper, 100% of your posts are misspelled stream-of-consciousness ramblings that have little or no meaning. I may do some analysis on your posts to determine just how much data, in Kilobytes, you've wasted in mysql database space for this forum.

There are times when I think I could put a series of flashing lights in front of your face and you'd be happier than a queer in prison for a full eight hours.

Additionally, what fool would sign up in a forum using the username that is their ISP provided email address. That's the zenith of Internet stupidity that I've seen.
:rofl

Xion X2
03-27-07, 08:41 PM

LOL. Best post I've seen in a while.