PDA

View Full Version : Xbox.com Still Down?

Peoples-Agent
03-27-07, 07:01 PM
Anyone else having trouble getting onto Xbox.com right now?

Was going to have a gander on the forums and still can't get on.

Maintainance of Live and the site was set to end a couple of hours ago.

Zelda_fan
03-27-07, 07:11 PM
Microsoft better get it together. I could be playing Shivering Isles right now.

ViN86
03-27-07, 07:17 PM
its the whole system.

they sent out a message a few days ago. XBL is down for repairs. it will be back up later tonight or tomorrow.

Peoples-Agent
03-27-07, 07:31 PM
Repair is now three hours over the mark, never seen it overun so long before.

Will be worth it when the dash update comes though.

ViN86
03-27-07, 07:32 PM

oooh dash update? i had no idea.

<- excited :D

Zelda_fan
03-27-07, 07:33 PM

do you know what they are updating?

Peoples-Agent
03-27-07, 07:39 PM
do you know what they are updating?

It's for the "Spring" update, whenever that might be.

Allsorts of rumours flying about, but only definates so far are stability, better voice functioning and I believe something to do with the HD-DVDs sound?

Not heard much more, i'll pester Major Nelson for for a few tidbits. Shockingly, he's replied to me in the past with useful info, nothing too revealing, but gave me a good idea.

|MaguS|
03-27-07, 07:40 PM
I heard MS is going to be adding Home to Xbox Live.

Joking aside...
Let the speculation begin!
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158277

Peoples-Agent
03-27-07, 07:43 PM
How could I forget... DOH!

Games For Windows, that was it.

The update has alot to do with that.

When asked about the May 8 launch of Games for Windows - Live paired with the spring Xbox 360 dashboard update, Greenberg would only say that Microsoft considers Games for Windows - Live a part of the update, and that Microsoft would have more information at a later date.

And perhaps increases sizes of the friends list, clan support?

GamerGuyX
03-27-07, 08:07 PM

Seriously, where the hell do you get your info?

Major Nelson has already confirmed that there will be no dashboard update. It all has to do with stuff on their end.

Peoples-Agent
03-27-07, 08:10 PM
Seriously, where the hell do you get your info?

Major Nelson has already confirmed that there will be no dashboard update. It all has to do with stuff on their end.

Did you not read what I said, obviously not.

Alot of this is in preparation for the Spring Update.

He revealed that on the recent podcast.

EDIT: Scrap that, wasn't him that said it.

Lyme
03-27-07, 08:40 PM
http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/03/22/xbox-live-service-maintenance-on-3-27-07.aspx
------------------------------------
Xbox Live, Xbox.com and the Xbox forums will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on Tuesday March 27th (next week) from 0000 to 1400 PT. As a result of this maintenance, Xbox Live, Xbox.com and the Xbox forums will be unavailable during this time. I thought I'd give you enough time to plan next weeks gaming schedule. What to do while you can’t hop on Xbox Live? Xbox.com has you covered with this list. This is purely ‘back end’ work that we scheduled months ago. This is not a dashboard update…that will happen later this Spring.
------------------------------------

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2007/0322-xboxoffline.htm
------------------------
Xbox Live, Xbox.com Offline March 27, 2007

We've got some scheduled maintenance coming up and want to let all of you know that both the Xbox Live service and Xbox.com will be offline and unavailable starting at midnight Pacific Daylight Time on Tuesday March 27, 2007 for approximately fourteen hours. We know you've got some questions, so here are some answers:

Q: Why? Why? Why?

A: Because we're giving the hamsters the day off. Seriously we just need to do some regular maintenance on the servers. We're not doing it to make you mad … really.

Q: Is this a Dashboard update?

A: Nope.

Q: So what's going to happen exactly? What's it going to look like for me?

A: You will see a "We're down for maintenance" page on Xbox.com and a similar message on your Xbox console.

Q: Fourteen hours? But that's a long time.

A: Yes it is. It's also 50,400 seconds. Count fifty thousand "Mississippis" and we'll be back up and running.

Q: What the heck am I going to do for 14 hours if I can't troll the forums, pwn my rivals, download stuff on Marketplace, and video chat with my friends?

A: We're glad you asked. We hereby submit our Top Ten Things to Do on March 27 2007:

1. Boost your gamerscore. That's right; you can still earn achievements when you're offline. Your achievements will be uploaded to the Xbox Live service when it becomes available.
2. Cruise Pacific City. Have you found all 500 Crackdown™ Agility Orbs? Yeah? How about all 300 Hidden Orbs then? Check out tips on how to find 'em all.
3. Go shopping! Meet the Robinsons will be in stores on March 27. Check out the cool Xbox 360 accessories while you're there. Psst, don't forget to pre-order the Guitar Hero II™ bundle with the controller—it's coming April 3!
4. Nominate a friend for the Gamer Spotlight. TriXie's e-mail will still be working, so drop her a line at xlmail@microsoft.com and tell her who you think needs some attention on Xbox.com.
5. Listen to Xbox podcasts. Don't miss Gamertag Radio, XBLRadio, Gamer Girls Radio and Unscripted360, just to name a few. We'd suggest Major Nelson's 'cast, but we know everyone's already listened to all of his!
6. Study up on March 27 history. Here are some examples of momentous events that occurred on 3/27:
* 1884: The first long-distance telephone call was made, between Boston and New York.
* 1958: Nikita Khrushchev became Soviet premier and first secretary of the Communist Party.
* 1964: A 9.2 magnitude earthquake hit 80 miles east of Anchorage, Alaska, killing 117 and producing a 50-foot tsunami that traveled over 8,000 miles.
* 1973: Marlon Brando refuses his Oscar for The Godfather in protest of Hollywood's treatment of Native Americans.
7. It's Quentin Tarantino's birthday! It's a great opportunity to use Xbox 360™ for more than games: watch Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, and Sin City. Mom won't let you watch stuff like that? Then you can listen to the collected works of Mariah Carey. It's her birthday too.
8. Have some family time. Get ready for Family Game Night. It's a perfect opportunity to gather the whole family together for some quality game time.
9. Talk to your significant other. Remember them? You last spoke about 16 months ago when you got your Xbox 360. Just don't say anything like, "Have you gained weight?"
10. Get experienced. Register for the Old Spice Experience Challenge. It's part of the Xbox Rewards program, and there are still cool prizes to be won! After you've done that, go check out the redesign at Bungie.net!
---------------------------

Peoples-Agent
03-27-07, 08:51 PM
I originally said....

It's for the "Spring" update, whenever that might be.

Imbroglio
03-27-07, 09:30 PM
whatever it is it's back up :D