PDA

View Full Version : Command & Conquer 3 1.1 patch

Pages : [1] 2

nekrosoft13
03-27-07, 08:02 PM
Hey everyone,

PATCH 1.1 IS LIVE, log online and download now!

This day 1 patch addresses some very important fixes and exploits. I also want to note that we are already working on patch 1.2 which will technically be our first major patch with balance changes, more bug fixes, added maps, etc. That is slated for late April. But today... you get to download patch 1.1 :o)

IMPORTANT NOTE: We have made an option in patch 1.1 that will allow you to turn off the Kane Edition skins if you'd like. This is purely a matter of preference, so if you want the normal skins, download the patch and have at it!

You'll need to log online to download the patch now that it is live.

Below is the change-list.

Version 1.1 Launcher File - March, 2007
============================

This patch for Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars fixes several bugs and exploits:

Exploits

Scrin Mastermind's Teleport Units ability maximum range reduced.

GDI Engineers, Nod Saboteurs, and Scrin Assimilators can no longer capture structures when under the effects of the Scrin's Phase Field ability.

Optimizations

Improved video playback on low-end system configurations.

Balance Changes

Scrin Storm Column cost / build time increased to 3,000 credits / 30 seconds.

Scrin Buzzer health reduced to 75 and weapon damage changed to SNIPER.

Bug Fixes

Fixed an error that would occasionally result in a crash in Nod vs. Nod matches on the multiplayer map Deadly Sertao.

Fixed issues with automated map transfer ability in multiplayer.

Fixed an error that would sometimes cause a Commentator's telestrator drawings to not erase when intended during BattleCast matches.

Fixed issues with replay file playback.

Fixed placeholder text and chat log errors with the Comrade in- game chat window.

Other Changes

References to Nod's "Avatar Warmech" unit have been changed to "Avatar".

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?sls=2&tstart=0&threadID=199029

|MaguS|
03-27-07, 08:03 PM
WTF?!?!

Bman212121
03-27-07, 08:04 PM
WTF?!?!

HAHA!!!! I must have posted under the wrong game. THIS IS what I was talking about in the Stalker thread. :captnkill:

(I didn't even mean for this to happen, but it's too funny.)

nekrosoft13
03-27-07, 08:05 PM
what :|

|MaguS|
03-27-07, 08:06 PM
I just installed the game like 2 hours ago or something and theres a patch already, holy ****ing ****. EA can't get anything out the door without a release day patch...

Bman212121
03-27-07, 08:07 PM
what :|

http://nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88800&page=3

I was talking about a conspiracy about game devs releasing games before they are done, and patching them when they came out. Magus pointed out that Stalker was in dev forever, so it isn't a good example. Then I refresh the screen and this pops up. Too funny. :lol:

Bman212121
03-27-07, 08:09 PM
I just installed the game like 2 hours ago or something and theres a patch already, holy ****ing ****. EA can't get anything out the door without a release day patch...

I haven't broken the seal on my copy yet, it is sitting behind me right now.

|MaguS|
03-27-07, 08:09 PM
It's a boring game, don't bother... heheh

Bman212121
03-27-07, 08:13 PM
It's a boring game, don't bother... heheh

Is it really that bad?

|MaguS|
03-27-07, 08:15 PM
Yeah, Didn't you read h0102468's posts?

nekrosoft13
03-27-07, 08:15 PM
yeah, its so damn boring, stay away from it, go play starcraft instead

Bman212121
03-27-07, 08:18 PM
Yeah, Didn't you read h0102468's posts?

No, I tried to steer away from that, but I do value your opinion. I did peek in there though and saw you did say you liked it, so I'm definitely going to open it now. (It's hard to be 100% if you are sarcastic or not.)

@ Nekro: I'd probably start playing C&C RA again before that happened honestly. I've tried it a few times, but I just can't get a grip on the what units do what. I can tell the difference between a tank and a guy, but when they are all alien creatures, I get confused. :o

|MaguS|
03-27-07, 08:19 PM
No, I tried to steer away from that, but I do value your opinion. I did peek in there though and saw you did say you liked it, so I'm definitely going to open it now. (It's hard to be 100% if you are sarcastic or not.)

My plan worked, soon this will be you. :headexplode:

Bman212121
03-27-07, 08:20 PM
My plan worked, soon this will be you. :headexplode:

?????????????? Oh shi***** :headexplode:

CaptNKILL
03-28-07, 06:04 AM
Heh, to be honest I'd rather have a release day patch than have to wait 2 weeks (or more) for fixes that didn't make it into the retail box. Especially if they break save files. :o :o

I've never seen patches as a bad thing.

Vik1dk
03-28-07, 07:47 AM
I've never seen patches as a bad thing.
If you dont count BF2 in, i agree

FastRedPonyCar
03-28-07, 08:40 AM
If you don't buy the game, EA will sue you for game developer hate crime.

DiscipleDOC
03-28-07, 09:08 AM
If you don't buy the game, EA will sue you for game developer hate crime.
:rofl

superklye
03-28-07, 09:16 AM
Does this patch make the game less boring?

|MaguS|
03-28-07, 10:43 AM
Makes it worse, the game becomes more stable and runs smooth so you realize how boring it is quicker.

superklye
03-28-07, 10:47 AM
Crap.

Bman212121
03-28-07, 10:49 AM
If you dont count BF2 in, i agree

Same here. I love to have patches come out, as most of the times they don't bring memory leaks. :P

I just feel that some games ship only half done, and then we have to wait around for patches to come out to fix little things that shouldn't have made it past QA. I'm probably just bitter from BF2 actually. :) I can't even tell you how long it took before the server browser actually worked properly. That is something that shouldn't have been fixed from the start.

Bman212121
03-28-07, 10:51 AM
Makes it worse, the game becomes more stable and runs smooth so you realize how boring it is quicker.

Not stable here yet, the game crashed on me last night about 3/4 of the way through my 3rd mission. :( It is probably a Vista thing though. Other than that though the game is pretty sweet, but I'm about ready to start skipping over their video help.

Athena
03-29-07, 09:22 AM
Does this patch make grace parks cloths fall off?

methimpikehoses
03-29-07, 04:17 PM
Does this patch make my job less boring?