PDA

View Full Version : Team Fortress 2 Interview!

CaptNKILL
03-28-07, 07:37 AM
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200703/N07.0327.1745.51023.htm?Page=1

Great read. :)

They finally explain how this game is different than TFC.

The biggest thing by far is that grenades are GONE. This means no more spam (thank god) and all of the classes will have unique strategies, rather than "run forward and toss a 2-second-primed grenade in front of you to kill pursuers behind you" no matter what class you played.

Most maps will not be capture the flag. As far as I can tell they will be moving to control points.

Also, no more conc jumps (which irritated the piss out of me in TFC). The scouts can "double jump" now and are actually very agile, rather than just being fast and using a grenade to launch themselves across the map.

I think this is going to be pretty damn fun. :)

Cant wait for the Episode 2, Portal, TF2 package :)

esir
03-28-07, 08:27 AM
GI: You guys are going to be support the lower-end cards and the higher-end cards. What about for the people who have plunked down for the DX10 cards? What are people with DX10 cards going to see differently than the people who don’t have it?

Walker: The recent facial-technology stuff, which you’ll need a high-end card to be able to see. And then of course the auto LOD and stuff like that, which you don’t need to do on the higher cards. We have upped our highest-resolution textures for TF2, they’re higher than any product we’ve shipped previously. In the past, what you needed to have the best textures, the highest-resolution textures, has increased. In TF2, to get the highest-resolution textures, you’ll need one of the more recent cards, as well. You have like 768 megs of RAM in the cards these days, and we will actually use that in TF2. So there’s definitely some stuff there for those guys.

Cool(nana2)

FastRedPonyCar
03-28-07, 11:00 AM
Man for some reason, I just CANT get into TFC. I don't know what it is about it. Same with counterstrike...

mark501
03-28-07, 04:28 PM
Great interview. Can't wait for this game. Really really like the graphics :)

Played a lot of TFC, and I like the changes. No more grenades, good, although the demoman could have had one or two. The trailer shows him throwing dynamites though. No more concussion-jumping, very good. Hate those flying medics. A huge gamebreaker IMO.
CP-system is also an improvement. Chasing flags isnt fun. I hope they dont bother with Hunted-maps.

CaptNKILL
03-30-07, 08:59 PM
Another preview:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=160763

Sounding better and better every time.

I can't wait to play this. :)

mark501
03-31-07, 08:54 AM
Unofrtunatly looks like we have to wait to fall because of the episode 2-bundle and simultaneous console-release .

Too bad since TF2 allready looks almost done.

russ_3d
03-31-07, 09:01 AM
first online game i ever played back in lag-heaven :)

looking forward to playing this

rflair
03-31-07, 09:07 AM
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200703/N07.0327.1745.51023.htm?Page=1

Great read. :)

They finally explain how this game is different than TFC.

The biggest thing by far is that grenades are GONE. This means no more spam (thank god) and all of the classes will have unique strategies, rather than "run forward and toss a 2-second-primed grenade in front of you to kill pursuers behind you" no matter what class you played.

Most maps will not be capture the flag. As far as I can tell they will be moving to control points.

Also, no more conc jumps (which irritated the piss out of me in TFC). The scouts can "double jump" now and are actually very agile, rather than just being fast and using a grenade to launch themselves across the map.

I think this is going to be pretty damn fun. :)

Cant wait for the Episode 2, Portal, TF2 package :)

Everything they are taking out is what made TFC what it was, a great game. I still have TFC installed and play couple hours, 1-4 a week.

The MAP mixture of CTF and PC (capture the flag and point control) were already there in TFC.

TFC was great because it was in a state of zen, out of control yet totally in control.

I won't say crap about TF2, I would rather wait to see what it really is then total speculate about it. It looks good and from what we have been shown looks promising.

mark501
03-31-07, 09:36 AM
Everything they are taking out is what made TFC what it was, a great game. I still have TFC installed and play couple hours, 1-4 a week.

The constant grenade-spamming in TFC was annoying. Flying medics was a stupid game-exploit Valve never fixed. In TF2, medics will be what they should have been from the beginning, support-units.