PDA

View Full Version : Case for water cooling?

Sycario
03-28-07, 01:23 PM
Right now I have a thermaltake (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133011) case. It's pretty large but I don't see anywhere I can mount my radiator (2x120mm) easily. The only thing I can think of doing it cutting a hole in the top of the case and mount the radiator inside with the fans on the outside of the case.

Right now I have the radiator sitting on top of the case so I can't put the side on. Are there any cases out there that I could easily mount this radiator on?

Thanks

Xion X2
03-28-07, 01:32 PM
Here's mine w/ the PCG75:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=24773&stc=1&d=1175106728

It's a huge case, but if you're looking for radiator room it has it! I'd suggest checking out the Lian Li line; there might be one smaller that would suit your needs better.

Sycario
03-28-07, 03:13 PM
Do you use any water additives? If so, which would you recommend?

Xion X2
03-28-07, 03:47 PM
Pentosin and PTNuke are what I use. Pentosin is an anti-corrosive, and PTNuke is a biocide. This is a reputable site that you can order them from; I've done a ton of business with these guys:

www.petrastechshop.com

LORD-eX-Bu
03-28-07, 04:40 PM
hey thats the same stuff I use:lol: Petra is awesome! Definately recommended:thumbsup:

love how clean your rig looks Xion:D

My TJ-09 is freaking awesome for water cooling, I am using a MCR220, had to get some 2.5" corner brackets to mount it to the top of the case but I didn't have to mod anything:D I wish I had a camera to post pics.

kevJ420
03-28-07, 04:43 PM
I don't know of a case, but I know the best fan you can buy is the ultra performance panaflo, or if noise bothers you, you can get a quiter one at the expense of ~7rpm.

That would work well as an (only) exhaust fan.

Xion X2
03-28-07, 05:16 PM
love how clean your rig looks Xion:D

Thanks bud. :)

My TJ-09 is freaking awesome for water cooling, I am using a MCR220, had to get some 2.5" corner brackets to mount it to the top of the case but I didn't have to mod anything:D I wish I had a camera to post pics.

Yep, you had the benefit of not having to cut the top of yours like I did mine. :p

LORD-eX-Bu
03-28-07, 05:17 PM
I might go to a 3x 120mm rad in the near future, if so I am ready with the newest corded Dremel out so far:lol: