PDA

View Full Version : i've just uninstalled vista

Pages : [1] 2 3

nrs421
03-28-07, 04:11 PM
i been trying it for a few days and while it looks great it's annoying.....my printer and scanner dont work....nero and deskskape are giving me headaches. i'm not installing this again until SP1 is out.

Euphoria
03-28-07, 05:23 PM
Good luck dude. Installed it on mine and reformatted in one week. I am back to Windows XP and Open Suse. I love it!

Vista is the biggest piece of trash released from MS it reminds me of Windows ME. That is why we'll see next year a new OS under name Longhorn.

nekrosoft13
03-28-07, 05:53 PM
how excactly do you "uninstall" an OS?

Dragunov
03-28-07, 05:54 PM
Good luck dude. Installed it on mine and reformatted in one week. I am back to Windows XP and Open Suse. I love it!

Vista is the biggest piece of trash released from MS it reminds me of Windows ME. That is why we'll see next year a new OS under name Longhorn.

Alot of bullsh*t is said here

Vista is no trash at all, it's just a complete different OS, no problems at all!!!

Of course there are bugs, maybe lots of bugs, but the developers of 3rd party software needs to make their software compatible, some just gonna ride on the new OS (Adobe --> Photoshop CS2 is not going to be made compatible, so u need to buy Photoshop CS3, same with the other software of them)

This OS had the codename Longhorn, so I don't know where u get those name for the next OS, we gonna see a new Longhorn appear, yes, but that's Longhorn Server, so a server, not a client....

$n][pErMan
03-28-07, 06:02 PM
Ever sence I upgraded my PC.... Vista has been good to me. All my games work just fine with no problems. I miss Nero though... for now I am just using Roxio .. lol. :p

Dragunov
03-28-07, 06:03 PM
I use the latest version of Nero, Nero 7, always worked fine for me :)

nekrosoft13
03-28-07, 06:06 PM
nero worked great for me since the first day i installed vista

maybe trying a new OS, is to complicated for most people

Belarnion
03-28-07, 06:16 PM
nero worked great for me since the first day i installed vista

maybe trying a new OS, is to complicated for most people
That's pretty much the conclusion I've made myself from my own expreience. I've had to "help" some of my fellow class mates after they migrated to Vista. They had programs lock ups, BSOD's driver problems, install problems and what not. After I helped them out they're floating along quiet happily.

Myself, I've had no real problems with Vista. All my hardware works, all my software works and all my 100 games or so work perfectly. The OS is also more stable (No lock ups yet, Vista has been running nicely without reboot for 2 months now), no spyware, adware, virus, malware or anything. Vista is snappier, makes better use of memory, better use of dual core, uses my video card for something useful.

Yeah. I'm happy. :D

Euphoria
03-28-07, 06:30 PM
OK maybe I did not clarify myself, but Vista as a new OS is ridiculously CPU and Memory demanding. It does not offer me anything that XP can already not do, except eye candy that i can easily achieve by using tweaks and other apps.
Although I still have a pretty decent system: AMD Athlon 64 3800 OCed and 7800gt OCed and 1GB RAM, I still think that VISTA was released too fast and is still buggy and not optimized enough.

I dont think that you should be required to use the newest Video cards just to get the freakin eye candy. I have Open SUSE installed on my Dell Inpiron 700 and it looks way better than VISTA desktop.

US Fed. Govt. banned Vista upgrade on all of their computers for the same reason.

MS Research and MS Development have not upgraded and will not upgrade to VISTA OS, I have couple of friends working there and they have confirmed this for me too, you are more than welcome to double check this info.
Longhorn will come out in a year or so with most of the bugs fixed and hopefully better optimization.

Now if you are one of those people that jump on the first bandwagon than I am sorry...

This is only my opinion so you are more than welcome to flame me and disagree with me.

Cheers!

Euphoria
03-28-07, 06:32 PM
That's pretty much the conclusion I've made myself from my own expreience. I've had to "help" some of my fellow class mates after they migrated to Vista. They had programs lock ups, BSOD's driver problems, install problems and what not. After I helped them out they're floating along quiet happily.

Myself, I've had no real problems with Vista. All my hardware works, all my software works and all my 100 games or so work perfectly. The OS is also more stable (No lock ups yet, Vista has been running nicely without reboot for 2 months now), no spyware, adware, virus, malware or anything. Vista is snappier, makes better use of memory, better use of dual core, uses my video card for something useful.

Yeah. I'm happy. :D

BTW I had no problem installing Vista either. Performance wise, my system was slower, and my games ran slower. Vista did not offer me anything more than I already had on my XP System, so I reformated my drive and installed all over again XP and Open SuSe.

Cheers!

NrGx
03-28-07, 06:42 PM
OK maybe I did not clarify myself, but Vista as a new OS is ridiculously CPU and Memory demanding. It does not offer me anything that XP can already not do, except eye candy that i can easily achieve by using tweaks and other apps.
Although I still have a pretty decent system: AMD Athlon 64 3800 OCed and 7800gt OCed and 1GB RAM, I still think that VISTA was released too fast and is still buggy and not optimized enough.

I dont think that you should be required to use the newest Video cards just to get the freakin eye candy. I have Open SUSE installed on my Dell Inpiron 700 and it looks way better than VISTA desktop.

US Fed. Govt. banned Vista upgrade on all of their computers for the same reason.

MS Research and MS Development have not upgraded and will not upgrade to VISTA OS, I have couple of friends working there and they have confirmed this for me too, you are more than welcome to double check this info.
Longhorn will come out in a year or so with most of the bugs fixed and hopefully better optimization.

Now if you are one of those people that jump on the first bandwagon than I am sorry...

This is only my opinion so you are more than welcome to flame me and disagree with me.

Cheers!

Just reading this post me conclude that you have no right to give advice on OS's.

If you knew anything about Vista (which you obviously don't) then you would know it uses RAM like a pre-cache and this helps to open up programs faster, alt-tab quicker and generally it makes more use of the RAM availiable to you.

As for the fact that it requires a "high-end" GPU to use it (and may I remind you that the GMA950 tuns it just fine), aren't all programs becoming generally more demanding? Do not the newer games stress our PCs more and more? Why shouldn't MS be able to do the same to achieve a beautiful OS like Vista.

All of this is however overshadowed by the fact that you can easily turn off options and tweak vista to your needs. Although, I really don't think it's necessary as Vista IMHO is fine as it is.

Don't put an OS down without knowing anything about the way it works please. I know its considered "cool" to hate on MS...just don't do it.

Nrgx.

Q
03-28-07, 07:02 PM
how excactly do you "uninstall" an OS?

According to my Exam Cram 2 70-270 book, you could uninstall Windows XP after upgrading from Windows 98.

Crazy, isn't it?

$n][pErMan
03-28-07, 07:23 PM
I use the latest version of Nero, Nero 7, always worked fine for me :)
Ahhh .. I have Nero 6 which is known to have issues :p

hectorsm
03-28-07, 07:37 PM
I also went back to XP but not because Vista was bad. My 2GB memory does not seem to be enough for playing BF2 under Vista. There is constant disk access through out the whole game which makes it unplayable.

My analog TV card crashes a lot probably due to immature drivers(not the fault of Vista). I could not find drivers for my old scanner but that was not a big deal.

For now I will hold on to XP. Eventually I will switch back to Vista but right now I feel Vista decreases my system functionality and performance compared to XP.

Euphoria
03-28-07, 07:58 PM
Just reading this post me conclude that you have no right to give advice on OS's.

If you knew anything about Vista (which you obviously don't) then you would know it uses RAM like a pre-cache and this helps to open up programs faster, alt-tab quicker and generally it makes more use of the RAM availiable to you.

As for the fact that it requires a "high-end" GPU to use it (and may I remind you that the GMA950 tuns it just fine), aren't all programs becoming generally more demanding? Do not the newer games stress our PCs more and more? Why shouldn't MS be able to do the same to achieve a beautiful OS like Vista.

All of this is however overshadowed by the fact that you can easily turn off options and tweak vista to your needs. Although, I really don't think it's necessary as Vista IMHO is fine as it is.

Don't put an OS down without knowing anything about the way it works please. I know its considered "cool" to hate on MS...just don't do it.

Nrgx.

WEll that's your right. After all this is a public forum.
I don't feel about going into the technical details of the Vista OS.
I've been working with computers when you were still learning how to walk... Anyhow I won't comment on my technical qualifications since I don't feel like it will make any difference. If you really know computers and how OS's work you should put one and two together and figure out if the latest MS OS makes sense, from a technical and from a business point of view.
No offense to younger guys here but I don't even know how old you are so therefore I wont get into other arguments that you might not even understand.

You are comparing OS's with 3d game applications and their demand for higher specs, which makes absolutely no sense. Yes new OS with newer set of Sys Apps and Security Apps might require a few extra megs and some more CPU cycles but 2GB RAM for prefetching and a Directx 10 cards for Aero swish freakin eye candy....? You must be joking... =)

I dont hate MS. I liek Windows XP and I have the Xbox 360. Actually I really support some of their other development projects, especially in the Govt. National Security Dept., which you might even not be familiar with.... but power to you my friend, you are free to comment on these forums=)

Cheers!

tacos4me
03-28-07, 08:19 PM
BTW I had no problem installing Vista either. Performance wise, my system was slower, and my games ran slower. Vista did not offer me anything more than I already had on my XP System, so I reformated my drive and installed all over again XP and Open SuSe.

Cheers!

Funny, all of my programs are much snappier, and while games aren't running quite as well as they are in XP, that's not the fault of Microsoft, but rather NVIDIA. It's a brand new operating system to write drivers for, of course they're not going to get it right within the first few months. You could have said the same thing about XP for the first year or so. Wouldn't surprise me if you did, actually. :rolleyes:

Go check out the list of DX10 games in the video card forum. That's what Vista is offering me. Most of those games I'll be playing this year.

Oh, and there is no new operating system "Windows Longhorn". It's a codename for the next version of Windows Server, just like it was for Vista.

nekrosoft13
03-28-07, 08:28 PM
[pErMan']Ahhh .. I have Nero 6 which is known to have issues :p

not the latest updated version from nero.com

Euphoria
03-28-07, 08:28 PM
Funny, all of my programs are much snappier, and while games aren't running quite as well as they are in XP, that's not the fault of Microsoft, but rather NVIDIA. It's a brand new operating system to write drivers for, of course they're not going to get it right within the first few months. You could have said the same thing about XP for the first year or so. Wouldn't surprise me if you did, actually. :rolleyes:

Go check out the list of DX10 games in the video card forum. That's what Vista is offering me. Most of those games I'll be playing this year.

Oh, and there is no new operating system "Windows Longhorn". It's a codename for the next version of Windows Server, just like it was for Vista.

Yes indeed... I could clearly see the difference, maybe you should try and run some benchmarks you will see lower scores on business and office apps. I think is more noticable on systems with 1 GB of RAM and I think it has to do with the way Vista prefetches and the way it uses caching. Maybe Vista will become better with service packs releases, but only time will show. Oh yeah and get ready to buy a new video card when those DX10 games come out, so you can check out all that eye candy :)
Whatever, I am not here to flame anyone. It's as plain as this: I don't see any reason what so ever for upgrading now to Vista. You guys that like the new look and that got a whole new system to run the eye candy, I salute you.

I wouldn't spread any rumors on updated OS, but will see I guess with time.

Cheers, and have fun !

tacos4me
03-28-07, 08:35 PM

It's common knowledge that the only other "Longhorn" is the codename for the next version of Windows Server. You were spreading the rumors. ;)

lukrad
03-28-07, 09:38 PM
Vista is piece of ****. Superfetch is freaking trash. My system with 2GB of RAM is not enough for BF2, and plenty under XP. Having that fact and the fact that Vista doesn't do any more **** then XP, Vista is a big downgrade from gamer point of view.

$n][pErMan
03-28-07, 09:53 PM
Vista is piece of ****. Superfetch is freaking trash. My system with 2GB of RAM is not enough for BF2, and plenty under XP. Having that fact and the fact that Vista doesn't do any more **** then XP, Vista is a big downgrade from gamer point of view.
Well BF2 is a poorly coded POS by EA anyway....... :p

not the latest updated version from nero.com
Interesting.... is it a patch for Nero 6?? Or I wonder if my Nero 6 has some sort of autoupdate...

kevJ420
03-28-07, 10:01 PM
You'll need to reinstall it soon.

And like the person before me said, bf sucks and so does ea.

Good luck.

nekrosoft13
03-28-07, 11:11 PM

haha, what? BF2 runs faster in Vista for me, compared to XP

Belarnion
03-29-07, 06:09 AM
Yes indeed... I could clearly see the difference, maybe you should try and run some benchmarks you will see lower scores on business and office apps. I think is more noticable on systems with 1 GB of RAM and I think it has to do with the way Vista prefetches and the way it uses caching. Maybe Vista will become better with service packs releases, but only time will show. Oh yeah and get ready to buy a new video card when those DX10 games come out, so you can check out all that eye candy :)
Whatever, I am not here to flame anyone. It's as plain as this: I don't see any reason what so ever for upgrading now to Vista. You guys that like the new look and that got a whole new system to run the eye candy, I salute you.

Cheers, and have fun !
What about us who got a brand new system and *then* figured out "let's find a new OS to really show off this system"?

I bought a computer with 4GB RAM, core2duo and 8800GTX *before* I got Vista. Vista really makes this system shine. Pretty much everything (non-driver related) is faster in Vista than XP on this system. Video encoding, CD-ripping, DVD Shrink, SuperPi :D +++. *Everything* is snappier too. Media Player 11 with thousands of files in its library takes less than a second to load, all windows react perfectly, Office apps takes 2 sec to load, music files start to play instantly, video files start to play instantly, firefox reacts even faster than in XP, No virus, adware or anything, the list goes on.

I don't know what more is expected from a brand new OS?

Mid end systems should not be allowed to be upgraded to Vista. ;)

mcolbourn
03-29-07, 06:39 AM
I too find Vista more snapper than XP was and most of thegame I play still play fine. TBH I have not tried BF I do have it but played it for like two days last year and hated it. I think I have gone of FPS untill Crysis and UT our out.

I also agree that "Mid end systems should not be allowed to be upgraded to Vista" if you are going to be playing games. For work purposes mid systems are fine as long as they have a decent amount of RAM.